Dynamic Loan Loss Provisioning; Simulationson Effectiveness and Guide to Implementation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- José L. Fillat & Judit Montoriol-Garriga, 2010. "Addressing the pro-cyclicality of capital requirements with a dynamic loan loss provision system," Risk and Policy Analysis Unit Working Paper QAU10-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Fabio Panetta & Paolo Angelini & Ugo Albertazzi & Francesco Columba & Wanda Cornacchia & Antonio Di Cesare & Andrea Pilati & Carmelo Salleo & Giovanni Santini, 2009. "Financial sector pro-cyclicality: lessons from the crisis," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 44, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2014.
"This Time is Different: A Panoramic View of Eight Centuries of Financial Crises,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 15(2), pages 1065-1188, November.
- Reinhart, Karmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. ""This time is different": panorama of eight centuries of financial crises," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 1, pages 77-114, March.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2008. "This Time is Different: A Panoramic View of Eight Centuries of Financial Crises," CEMA Working Papers 595, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2008. "This Time is Different: A Panoramic View of Eight Centuries of Financial Crises," NBER Working Papers 13882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009.
"Varieties of Crises and Their Dates,"
Introductory Chapters,in: This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly
Princeton University Press.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2009. "This Time Is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8973.
- Marco Burroni & Mario Quagliariello & Emiliano Sabatini & Vincenzo Tola, 2009. "Dynamic provisioning: rationale, functioning, and prudential treatment," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 57, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Paolo Angelini & Andrea Enria & Stefano Neri & Fabio Panetta & Mario Quagliariello, 2010. "Pro-cyclicality of capital regulation: is it a problem? How to fix it?," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 74, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jan FRAIT & Zlatuše KOMÁRKOVÁ, 2013. "Loan Loss Provisioning in Selected European Banking Sectors: Do Banks Really Behave in a Procyclical Way?," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 63(4), pages 308-326, August.
- Bennani, T. & Després, M. & Dujardin, M. & Duprey, T. & Kelber, A., 2014. "Macroprudential framework:key questions applied to the French case," Occasional papers 9, Banque de France.
- Cecilia Dassatti & Alejandro Pena & Jorge Ponce & Magdalena Tubio, 2015. "Countercyclical Capital Buffer: The Case of Uruguay," Monetaria, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(2), pages 251-285, July-Dece.
- Bholat, David & Lastra, Rosa & Markose, Sheri & Miglionico, Andrea & Sen, Kallol, 2016. "Non-performing loans: regulatory and accounting treatments of assets," Bank of England working papers 594, Bank of England.
- Richard Simper & Maximilian J.B. Hall & Wenbin B. Liu & Valentin Zelenyuk & Zhongbao Zhou, 2014. "How Relevant is the Choice of Risk Management Control Variable to Non-parametric Bank Profit Efficiency Analysis?," CEPA Working Papers Series WP122014, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- repec:eee:accoun:v:53:y:2018:i:1:p:20-32 is not listed on IDEAS
- Agénor, Pierre-Richard & Zilberman, Roy, 2015.
"Loan Loss Provisioning Rules, Procyclicality, and Financial Volatility,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 301-315.
- Pierre-Richard Agénor & Roy Zilberman, 2013. "Loan Loss Provisioning Rules, Procyclicality, and Financial Volatility," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 184, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
More about this item
KeywordsCredit risk; Capital; Business cycles; Banks; Bank soundness; Loans; Macroprudential Policy; Latin America; Dynamic Provisioining; Procyclicality; capital adequacy; capital adequacy ratio; banking; dividend payout; banking system; Financial Institutions and Services: Government Policy and Regulation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2012-05-15 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2012-05-15 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CMP-2012-05-15 (Computational Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:12/110. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .