The Future of Oil; Geology Versus Technology
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Alquist, Ron & Kilian, Lutz & Vigfusson, Robert J., 2013.
"Forecasting the Price of Oil,"
Handbook of Economic Forecasting,
- Ron Alquist & Lutz Kilian & Robert Vigfusson, 2011. "Forecasting the Price of Oil," Staff Working Papers 11-15, Bank of Canada.
- Ron Alquist & Lutz Kilian & Robert J. Vigfusson, 2011. "Forecasting the price of oil," International Finance Discussion Papers 1022, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Alquist, Ron & Kilian, Lutz & Vigfusson, Robert J., 2011. "Forecasting the Price of Oil," CEPR Discussion Papers 8388, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christiane Baumeister & Gert Peersman, 2013.
"The Role Of Time‐Varying Price Elasticities In Accounting For Volatility Changes In The Crude Oil Market,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(7), pages 1087-1109, November.
- Christiane Baumeister & Gert Peersman, 2011. "The Role of Time-Varying Price Elasticities in Accounting for Volatility Changes in the Crude Oil Market," Staff Working Papers 11-28, Bank of Canada.
- James D. Hamilton, 2013. "Oil prices, exhaustible resources and economic growth," Chapters,in: Handbook on Energy and Climate Change, chapter 1, pages 29-63 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Robert K. Kaufmann & Cutler J. Cleveland, 2001. "Oil Production in the Lower 48 States: Economic, Geological, and Institutional Determinants," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 27-49.
- Ayres, Robert U., 2007. "On the practical limits to substitution," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 115-128, February.
- Ayres, Robert U. & Warr, Benjamin, 2005. "Accounting for growth: the role of physical work," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 181-209, June.
- Kaufmann, Robert K., 1991. "Oil production in the lower 48 states : Reconciling curve fitting and econometric models," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 111-127, April.
- Lutz Kilian, 2008. "The Economic Effects of Energy Price Shocks," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 46(4), pages 871-909, December.
- Patrick J. Kehoe & Andrew Atkeson, 1999.
"Models of Energy Use: Putty-Putty versus Putty-Clay,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(4), pages 1028-1043, September.
- Andrew Atkeson & Patrick J. Kehoe, 1994. "Models of Energy Use: Putty-Putty versus Putty-Clay," NBER Working Papers 4833, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lutz Kilian, 2009.
"Not All Oil Price Shocks Are Alike: Disentangling Demand and Supply Shocks in the Crude Oil Market,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(3), pages 1053-1069, June.
- Kilian, Lutz, 2006. "Not All Oil Price Shocks Are Alike: Disentangling Demand and Supply Shocks in the Crude Oil Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 5994, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Samiei, Hossein, 1995. "Forecasting ultimate resource recovery," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 543-555, December.
- Kim, In-Moo & Loungani, Prakash, 1992. "The role of energy in real business cycle models," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 173-189, April.
- Sorrell, Steve & Miller, Richard & Bentley, Roger & Speirs, Jamie, 2010. "Oil futures: A comparison of global supply forecasts," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 4990-5003, September.
- Kummel, Reiner & Henn, Julian & Lindenberger, Dietmar, 2002. "Capital, labor, energy and creativity: modeling innovation diffusion," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 415-433, December.
- Lutz Kilian & Bruce Hicks, 2013.
"Did Unexpectedly Strong Economic Growth Cause the Oil Price Shock of 2003–2008?,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(5), pages 385-394, August.
- Hicks, Bruce & Kilian, Lutz, 2009. "Did Unexpectedly Strong Economic Growth Cause the Oil Price Shock of 2003-2008?," CEPR Discussion Papers 7265, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cutter J. Cleveland & Robert K. Kaufmann, 1991. "Forecasting Ultimate Oil Recovery and Its Rate of Production: Incorporating Economic Forces into the Models of M. King Hubbert," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 17-46.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:energy:v:141:y:2017:i:c:p:12-19 is not listed on IDEAS
- Virginia Di Nino & Ivan Faiella, 2013. "The ï¿½newï¿½ non-conventional hydrocarbons: the solution to the energy conundrum?," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 205, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Lutz Kilian, 2017.
"The Impact of the Fracking Boom on Arab Oil Producers,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 6).
- Kilian, Lutz, 2016. "The Impact of the Fracking Boom on Arab Oil Producers," CEPR Discussion Papers 11107, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lutz Kilian, 2016. "The Impact of the Fracking Boom on Arab Oil Producers," CESifo Working Paper Series 5751, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lutz Kilian, 2017. "The Impact of the Fracking Boom on Arab Oil Producers," Working Papers 1110, Economic Research Forum, revised 06 2017.
- Susanne Peters & Kirsten Westphal, 2013. "Global energy supply: scale, perception and the return to geopolitics," Chapters,in: International Handbook of Energy Security, chapter 5, pages 92-114 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Martin de Wit & Matthew Kuperus Heun & Douglas J Crookes, 2013. "An overview of salient factors, relationships and values to support integrated energy-economic systems dynamic modelling," Working Papers 02/2013, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Jan Anne Annema & Hugo Priemus, 2013. "Mega-projects: new challenges to cope with climate change and energy transition," Chapters,in: International Handbook on Mega-Projects, chapter 18, pages 398-417 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Nigel P. Melville & Ryan Whisnant, 2014. "Energy and Carbon Management Systems," Journal of Industrial Ecology, Yale University, vol. 18(6), pages 920-930, December.
- Benjamin Beckers & Samya Beidas-Strom, 2015. "Forecasting the Nominal Brent Oil Price with VARs—One Model Fits All?," IMF Working Papers 15/251, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael Kumhof & Dirk V Muir, 2012. "Oil and the World Economy; Some Possible Futures," IMF Working Papers 12/256, International Monetary Fund.
- Chapman, Ian, 2014. "The end of Peak Oil? Why this topic is still relevant despite recent denials," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 93-101.
- González-Eguino, Mikel, 2015. "Energy poverty: An overview," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 377-385.
- James D. Hamilton, 2014. "The Changing Face of World Oil Markets," NBER Working Papers 20355, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:hig:fsight:v:12:y:2018:i:4:p:78-89 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bentley, Roger & Bentley, Yongmei, 2015. "Explaining the price of oil 1971–2014 : The need to use reliable data on oil discovery and to account for ‘mid-point’ peak," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 880-890.
- Arunanondchai, Panit & Senia, Mark C. & Capps, Oral Jr, 2017. "Can U.S. EIA Retail Gasoline Price Forecasts Be Improved Upon?," 2017 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2017, Mobile, Alabama 252717, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- repec:eee:intfor:v:35:y:2019:i:1:p:213-223 is not listed on IDEAS
- Glynn, James & Chiodi, Alessandro & Gargiulo, Maurizio & Deane, J.P. & Bazilian, Morgan & Gallachóir, Brian Ó, 2014. "Energy Security Analysis: The case of constrained oil supply for Ireland," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 312-325.
- Dahl, Roy Endré & Lorentzen, Sindre & Oglend, Atle & Osmundsen, Petter, 2017.
"Pro-cyclical petroleum investments and cost overruns in Norway,"
Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 68-78.
- Roy Endré Dahl & Sindre Lorentzen & Atle Oglend & Petter Osmundsen, 2016. "Pro-Cyclical Petroleum Investments and Cost Overruns in Norway," CESifo Working Paper Series 6086, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:122:y:2018:i:c:p:260-272 is not listed on IDEAS
- Capellán-Pérez, Iñigo & Mediavilla, Margarita & de Castro, Carlos & Carpintero, Óscar & Miguel, Luis Javier, 2014. "Fossil fuel depletion and socio-economic scenarios: An integrated approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 641-666.
- Chavez-Rodriguez, Mauro F. & Szklo, Alexandre & de Lucena, Andre Frossard Pereira, 2015. "Analysis of past and future oil production in Peru under a Hubbert approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 140-151.
- Bumsoo Lee & Yongsung Lee, 2013. "Complementary Pricing and Land Use Policies: Does It Lead to Higher Transit Use?," Journal of the American Planning Association, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 79(4), pages 314-328, October.
- Voudouris, Vlasios & Matsumoto, Ken'ichi & Sedgwick, John & Rigby, Robert & Stasinopoulos, Dimitrios & Jefferson, Michael, 2014. "Exploring the production of natural gas through the lenses of the ACEGES model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 124-133.
More about this item
KeywordsDemand; Economic models; External shocks; Exhaustible resources; Oil depletion; Fossil fuels; Oil prices; Oil production; Supply; Hubbert’s Peak; Bayesian econometrics; oil supply; oil demand; world oil production; Bayesian Analysis; Forecasting and Other Model Applications; Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation: Demand and Supply; Exhaustible Resources and Economic Development;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CWA-2012-05-15 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-ENE-2012-05-15 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-FOR-2012-05-15 (Forecasting)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:12/109. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hassan Zaidi to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.