Post-Laspeyres; The Case for a New Formula for Compiling Consumer Price Indexes
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Paul Armknecht & Mick Silver, 2014. "Post-Laspeyres: The Case for a New Formula for Compiling Consumer Price Indexes," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(2), pages 225-244, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Laurence Ball & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1995.
"Relative-Price Changes as Aggregate Supply Shocks,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 110(1), pages 161-193.
- Laurence Ball & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1992. "Relative-Price Changes as Aggregate Supply Shocks," NBER Working Papers 4168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laurence Ball & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1993. "Relative-price changes as aggregate supply shocks," Working Papers 93-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Ball, L. & Mankiw, G.H., 1992. "Relative-Price Change as Aggregate Supply Shocks," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1609, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Mick Silver & Christos Ioannidis, 2001. "Intercountry Differences in the Relationship between Relative Price Variability and Average Prices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(2), pages 355-374, April.
- Balk, Bert M., 1983. "Does there exist a relation between inflation and relative price-change variability? : The effect of the aggregation level," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 173-180.
- Silver, Mick & Heravi, Saeed, 2007. "Why elementary price index number formulas differ: Evidence on price dispersion," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 874-883, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:264:y:2018:i:1:p:388-401 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shang, Yizi & Lu, Shibao & Shang, Ling & Li, Xiaofei & Shi, Hongwang & Li, Wei, 2017. "Decomposition of industrial water use from 2003 to 2012 in Tianjin, China," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 53-61.
- Mick Silver, 2012. "Why House Price Indexes Differ; Measurement and Analysis," IMF Working Papers 12/125, International Monetary Fund.
- Jianchang Lu & Weiguo Fan & Ming Meng, 2015. "Empirical Research on China’s Carbon Productivity Decomposition Model Based on Multi-Dimensional Factors," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(4), pages 1-25, April.
- Wang, Minggang & Tian, Lixin & Xu, Hua & Li, Weiyu & Du, Ruijin & Dong, Gaogao & Wang, Jie & Gu, Jiani, 2017. "Systemic risk and spatiotemporal dynamics of the consumer market of China," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 473(C), pages 188-204.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:490:y:2018:i:c:p:664-680 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsIndex numbers; Consumer Price Index; Laspeyres; Superlative; Young; Geometric Young; Lowe index Formula; arithmetic; expenditure; equation; survey; expenditure shares; Methodology for Collecting; Estimating; and Organizing Microeconomic Data;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-15 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:12/105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .