Lessons for Monetary Policy; What Should the Consensus Be?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tobias Adrian & Hyun Song Shin, 2009.
"Prices and Quantities in the Monetary Policy Transmission Mechanism,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 5(4), pages 131-142, December.
- Tobias Adrian & Hyun Song Shin, 2009. "Prices and quantities in the monetary policy transmission mechanism," Staff Reports 396, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Michael Scharnagl & Christina Gerberding & Franz Seitz, 2010. "Should Monetary Policy Respond to Money Growth? New Results for the Euro Area," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(3), pages 409-441, Winter.
- DETKEN Carsten & SMETS Frank, "undated". "Asset Price Booms and Monetary Policy," EcoMod2003 330700042, EcoMod.
- Rüffer, Rasmus & Stracca, Livio, 2006.
"What is global excess liquidity, and does it matter?,"
Working Paper Series
696, European Central Bank.
- Rasmus Ruffer & Livio Stracca, 2007. "What is global excess liquidity, and does it matter?," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2006 120, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Stephan Fahr & Roberto Motto & Massimo Rostagno & Frank Smets & Oreste Tristani, 2013.
"A monetary policy strategy in good and bad times: lessons from the recent past,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 28(74), pages 243-288, April.
- Smets, Frank & Tristani, Oreste & Motto, Roberto & Rostagno, Massimo & Fahr, Stephan, 2011. "A monetary policy strategy in good and bad times: lessons from the recent past," Working Paper Series 1336, European Central Bank.
- Vasco Curdia & Michael Woodford, 2010. "Credit Spreads and Monetary Policy," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(s1), pages 3-35, September.
- Charles R. Bean & Matthias Paustian & Adrian Penalver & Tim Taylor, 2010. "Monetary policy after the fall," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 267-328.
- Detken, Carsten & Alessi, Lucia, 2009. "'Real time'early warning indicators for costly asset price boom/bust cycles: a role for global liquidity," Working Paper Series 1039, European Central Bank.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2007. "Will monetary policy become more of a science?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2007-44, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hyun Song Shin & Kwanho Shin, 2011. "Procyclicality and Monetary Aggregates," NBER Working Papers 16836, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Issing Otmar & Wieland Volker, 2013.
"Monetary Theory and Monetary Policy: Reflections on the Development over the last 150 Years,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 233(3), pages 423-445, June.
- Issing, Otmar & Wieland, Volker, 2012. "Monetary theory and monetary policy: Reflections on the development over the last 150 years," CFS Working Paper Series 2012/20, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Issing, Otmar & Wieland, Volker, 2012. "Monetary theory and monetary policy: Reflections on the development over the last 150 years," IMFS Working Paper Series 67, Goethe University Frankfurt, Institute for Monetary and Financial Stability (IMFS).
- Roseline Nyakerario Misati & Esman Morekwa Nyamongo & Lucas Kamau Njoroge & Sheila Kaminchia, 2012. "Feasibility of inflation targeting in an emerging market: evidence from Kenya," Journal of Financial Economic Policy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(2), pages 146-159, May.
- Dumitriu, Ramona & Stefanescu, Razvan, 2014.
"Perspective ale ţintirii inflaţiei
[Perspectives of the Inflation Targeting]," MPRA Paper 52943, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Jan 2014.
- repec:bla:obuest:v:79:y:2017:i:3:p:395-410 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ravn, Søren Hove, 2014. "Asymmetric monetary policy towards the stock market: A DSGE approach," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 39(PA), pages 24-41.
- Emmanuel Carré & Jézabel Couppey-Soubeyran & Salim Dehmej, 2015.
"La coordination entre politique monétaire et politique macroprudentielle. Que disent les modèles dsge ?,"
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 66(3), pages 541-572.
- Emmanuel Carré & Jézabel Couppey-Soubeyran & Salim Dehmej, 2015. "La coordination entre politique monétaire et politique macroprudentielle. Que disent les modèles DSGE ?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01299318, HAL.
- Philipp M. Hildebrand, 2013. "Why Central Banks Need a Macroeconomic Toolkit," Chapters,in: Stability of the Financial System, chapter 23 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Käfer Benjamin, 2014. "The Taylor Rule and Financial Stability – A Literature Review with Application for the Eurozone," Review of Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 65(2), pages 159-192, August.
- repec:wsi:serxxx:v:59:y:2014:i:02:n:s0217590814800010 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hlebik Sviatlana & Verga Giovanni, 2015. "The European Central Bank Quantitative Policy and Its Consistency with the Demand for Liquidity," Scientific Annals of Economics and Business, De Gruyter Open, vol. 62(3), pages 425-451, November.
- Issing, Otmar, 2016. "Central banks: From overburdening to decline?," SAFE White Paper Series 42, Goethe University Frankfurt, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial stability; Asset prices; Central banks and their policies; Monetary policy; Inflation targeting; ECB; inflation; central bank; price stability; Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-05-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2011-05-14 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2011-05-14 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2011-05-14 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:11/97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .