Modeling Inflation in Chad
This paper examines the determinants of inflation in Chad using quarterly data from 1983:Q1 to 2009:Q3. The analysis is based on a single-equation model, completed by a structural vector auto regression model to capture inflation persistence. The results show that the main determinants of inflation in Chad are rainfall, foreign prices, exchange rate movements, and public spending. The effects of rainfall shocks and changes in foreign prices on inflation persist during six quarters. Changes in public spending and the nominal exchange rate affect inflation during three and four quarters, respectively.
|Date of creation:||01 Mar 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA|
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/pubs/ord_info.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Magda Kandil & Hanan Morsy, 2011.
"Determinants Of Inflation In Gcc,"
Middle East Development Journal (MEDJ),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 3(02), pages 141-158.
- Kadima D. Kalonji & Jan Gottschalk & Ken Miyajima, 2008. "Analyzing Determinants of Inflation When There Are Data Limitation; The Case of Sierra Leone," IMF Working Papers 08/271, .
- Angel J. Ubide, 1997. "Determinants of Inflation in Mozambique," IMF Working Papers 97/145, .
- Régis Barnichon & Shanaka J. Peiris, 2008.
"Sources of Inflation in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 17(5), pages 729-746, November.
- Loening, Josef L. & Durevall, Dick & Birru, Yohannes A., 2009.
"Inflation dynamics and food prices in an agricultural economy : the case of Ethiopia,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4969, The World Bank.
- Loening, Josef L. & Durevall, Dick & Ayalew Birru, Yohannes, 2009. "Inflation Dynamics and Food Prices in an Agricultural Economy: The Case of Ethiopia," Working Papers in Economics 347, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Simeon Coleman, 2008.
"Inflation persistence in the Franc Zone: evidence from disaggregated prices,"
2008/16, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham Business School, Economics Division.
- Coleman, Simeon, 2010. "Inflation persistence in the Franc zone: Evidence from disaggregated prices," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 426-442, March.
- Mame Astou Diouf, 2007. "Modeling Inflation for Mali," IMF Working Papers 07/295, .
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:11/57. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow)or (Hassan Zaidi)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.