Determinants of Bank Credit in Emerging Market Economies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ralph Chami & Raphael A Espinoza & Adolfo Barajas & Heiko Hesse, 2010. "Recent Credit Stagnation in the Mena Region; What to Expect? What Can Be Done?," IMF Working Papers 10/219, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Frommel & Murat Midilic, 2016. "The Role of the Real Exchange Rate in Credit Growth in Central and Eastern European Countries: A Bank-Level Analysis," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 66(5), pages 426-452, October.
- Imran, Kashif & Nishat, Mohammed, 2013. "Determinants of bank credit in Pakistan: A supply side approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 384-390.
- Park,Haelim & Ruiz Ortega,Claudia & Tressel,Thierry, 2015. "Determinants of long-term versus short-term bank credit in EU countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7436, The World Bank.
- Petar Peshev, 2014. "Credit dynamics in Central and Eastern Europe," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 2, pages 37-58,59-79.
- Gozgor, Giray, 2014. "Determinants of domestic credit levels in emerging markets: The role of external factors," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 1-18.
- Wilfred E. N. Mbowe, 2017. "The Bank Lending Channel of Monetary Policy Transmission: A Dynamic Bank-level Panel Data Analysis on Tanzania," Applied Economics and Finance, Redfame publishing, vol. 4(1), pages 169-190, January.
- Maciej Albinowski, 2017. "The role of fractional-reserve banking in amplifying credit booms: evidence from panel data," Working Papers 2017-024, Warsaw School of Economics, Collegium of Economic Analysis.
- Wagner, Charlotte & Winkler, Adalbert, 2013. "The Vulnerability of Microfinance to Financial Turmoil – Evidence from the Global Financial Crisis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 71-90.
- Yung, Kenneth & Li, DeQing Diane & Jian, Yi, 2015. "The value of corporate financial flexibility in emerging countries," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 32, pages 25-41.
- Chau H. A. Le, 2016. "Macro-financial linkages and bank behaviour: evidence from the second-round effects of the global financial crisis on East Asia," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 6(3), pages 365-387, December.
- Sophocles Vogiazas & Constantinos Alexiou, 2013. "Liquidity And The Business Cycle: Empirical Evidence From The Greek Banking Sector," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 58(199), pages 109-126, October -.
- Anna Białek-Jaworska & Natalia Nehrebecka, 2016. "The role of bank credit in business financing in Poland," Working Papers 2016-03, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Maciej Albinowski, 2017. "The role of fractional-reserve banking in amplifying credit booms: evidence from panel data," Working Papers 2016-024, Warsaw School of Economics, Collegium of Economic Analysis.
- Sandra M. Leitner & Robert Stehrer, 2013. "R&D and Non-R&D Innovators in the Financial Crisis: the Role of Binding Credit Constraints," wiiw Working Papers 95, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Sandra M. Leitner & Robert Stehrer, 2012. "Access to Finance and Composition of Funding during the Crisis: A firm-level analysis for Latin American countries," wiiw Working Papers 78, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Chau Le & Dickinson David, 2014. "Asset price volatility and financial contagion: analysis using the MS-VAR framework," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 4(2), pages 133-162, December.
More about this item
KeywordsBank credit; Emerging markets; pre-crisis; banking; banking sector; post-crisis period; Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2011-04-02 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2011-04-02 (Central Banking)
- NEP-FDG-2011-04-02 (Financial Development & Growth)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:11/51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.