Fiscal Expectations Under the Stability and Growth Pact; Evidence from Survey Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Xavier Debrun & David Hauner & Manmohan S. Kumar, 2009. "Independent Fiscal Agencies," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 44-81, February.
- Frederick van der Ploeg, 2007.
"Prudent Budgetary Policy: Political Economy of Precautionary Taxation,"
Economics Working Papers
ECO2007/39, European University Institute.
- Frederick Van der Ploeg, 2007. "Prudent Budgetary Policy: Political Economy of Precautionary Taxation," CESifo Working Paper Series 1973, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jacopo Cimadomo, 2012. "Fiscal Policy in Real Time," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 114(2), pages 440-465, June.
- Eric M. Leeper, 2009.
"Anchoring fiscal expectations,"
Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin,
Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 72, pages 17-42, September.
- Eric M. Leeper, 2009. "Anchoring Fiscal Expectations," NBER Working Papers 15269, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eric M. Leeper, 2009. "Anchoring Fiscal Expectations," Caepr Working Papers 2009-015, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Manganelli, Simone & Wolswijk, Guido, 2007. "Market discipline, financial integration and fiscal rules: what drives spreads in the euro area government bond market?," Working Paper Series 745, European Central Bank.
- Lars Jonung & Martin Larch, 2006.
"Improving fiscal policy in the EU: the case for independent forecasts,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 21(47), pages 491-534, July.
- Lars Jonung & Martin Larch, 2004. "Improving fiscal policy in the EU: the case for independent forecasts," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 210, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Reitz, Stefan & Stadtmann, Georg & Taylor, Mark P., 2010.
"The effects of Japanese interventions on FX-forecast heterogeneity,"
Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 62-64, July.
- Reitz, Stefan & Stadtmann, Georg & Taylor, Mark P., 2009. "The Effects of Japanese Interventions on FX-Forecast Heterogeneity," MPRA Paper 15603, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marcos Poplawski Ribeiro, 2009. "New Evidence on the Effectiveness of Europe's Fiscal Restrictions," Working Papers 2009-13, CEPII research center.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rülke, Jan-Christoph & Frenkel, Michael & Lis, Eliza, 2013. "Do budget balance rules anchor budget balance expectations? -- Some international evidence," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 80050, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Cimadomo, Jacopo & Claeys, Peter & Poplawski-Ribeiro, Marcos, 2016. "How do experts forecast sovereign spreads?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 216-235.
- Joao Tovar Jalles, 2015. "How Quickly is News Incorporated in Fiscal Forecasts?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(4), pages 2802-2812.
- Lledó, Victor & Poplawski-Ribeiro, Marcos, 2013.
"Fiscal Policy Implementation in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 79-91.
- Victor Duarte Lledo & Marcos Poplawski-Ribeiro, 2011. "Fiscal Policy Implementation in Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 11/172, International Monetary Fund.
- Laura Carabotta, 2014. "Which Agency and Which Period is The Best? Analyzing National and International Fiscal Forecasts in Italy," International Journal of Economic Sciences, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2014(1), pages 27-46.
- Rülke, Jan-Christoph & Pierdzioch, Christian, 2014. "Government Forecasts of Budget Balances Under Asymmetric Loss: International Evidence," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100317, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Jesse Schreger, 2016.
"Bias in Official Fiscal Forecasts: Can Private Forecasts Help?,"
NBER Working Papers
22349, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Schreger, Jesse, 2016. "Bias in Official Fiscal Forecasts: Can Private Forecasts Help?," Working Paper Series 16-021, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Roberto Tamborini, 2015. "Heterogeneous Market Beliefs, Fundamentals and the Sovereign Debt Crisis in the Eurozone," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 82, pages 1153-1176, December.
- Claeys, Peter & Cimadomo, Jacopo & Poplawski Ribeiro, Marcos, 2014. "How do financial institutions forecast sovereign spreads?," Working Paper Series 1750, European Central Bank.
- Jalles, João Tovar & Karibzhanov, Iskander & Loungani, Prakash, 2015. "Cross-country evidence on the quality of private sector fiscal forecasts," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 186-201.
More about this item
KeywordsExpectations; Fiscal policy; credibility; Stability and Growth Pact; survey data; budget deficit; survey; fiscal authorities; fiscal forecasts; equation; Structure; Scope; and Performance of Government; Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents: General; National Government Expenditures and Related Policies: General;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2011-04-02 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2011-04-02 (European Economics)
- NEP-FDG-2011-04-02 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-FOR-2011-04-02 (Forecasting)
- NEP-MAC-2011-04-02 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:11/48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .