The Demographic Dividend; Evidence from the Indian States
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Aiyar, Shekhar & Mody, Ashoka, 2013. "The Demographic Dividend: Evidence from the Indian States," India Policy Forum, National Council of Applied Economic Research, vol. 9(1), pages 105-148.
References listed on IDEAS
- David E. Bloom & David Canning & Pia N. Malaney, 1999.
"Demographic Change and Economic Growth in Asia,"
CID Working Papers
15, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- David E. Bloom & David Canning & Jocelyn E. Finlay, 2008. "Demographic Change and Economic Growth in Asia," PGDA Working Papers 4108, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
- Barry R. Bloom & David Canning & Pia Malaney, 1999. "Demographic Change and Economic Growth in Asia," CID Working Papers 15A, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Bloom, David E. & Canning, David & Fink, Gunther & Finlay, Jocelyn E., 2007.
"Does age structure forecast economic growth?,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 569-585.
- David E. Bloom & David Canning & Günther Fink & Jocelyn Finlay, 2006. "Does Age Structure Forecast Economic Growth?," PGDA Working Papers 2006, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
- David E. Bloom & David Canning & Günther Fink & Jocelyn E. Finlay, 2007. "Does Age Structure Forecast Economic Growth?," NBER Working Papers 13221, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rajendra P. Mamgain & Shivakar Tiwari, 2016. "Youth in India: Challenges of Employment and Employability," Working Papers id:10547, eSocialSciences.
- Peeters, Marga, 2011. "Demographic pressure, excess labour supply and public-private sector employment in Egypt - Modelling labour supply to analyse the response of unemployment, public finances and welfare," MPRA Paper 31101, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:105:y:2018:i:c:p:95-106 is not listed on IDEAS
- Harkat, Tahar & Driouchi, Ahmed, 2017. "Demographic Dividend & Economic Development in Arab Countries," MPRA Paper 82880, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-17-00173 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shekhar Aiyar & Romain A Duval & Damien Puy & Yiqun Wu & Longmei Zhang, 2013. "Growth Slowdowns and the Middle-Income Trap," IMF Working Papers 13/71, International Monetary Fund.
- Gunja Baranwal, 2016. "Links between foreign direct investment and human capital formation: Evidence from the manufacturing sector in India," WIDER Working Paper Series 123, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Utsav Kumar, 2014. "India's Demographic Transition: Boon or Bane?," Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 186-203, January.
- Patnaik, Ila & Pundit, Madhavi, 2016. "Where is India's Growth Headed?," Working Papers 16/159, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Ila Patnaik, 2016. "Where is Indiaâ€™s Growth Headed?," Working Papers id:8436, eSocialSciences.
- Utsav Kumar & Arvind Subramanian, 2011. "India's Growth in the 2000s: Four Facts," Working Paper Series WP11-17, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Amjad, Rashid & Yusuf, Anam, 2014. "More and better jobs for Pakistan: Can the manufacturing sector play a greater role," MPRA Paper 59518, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsMigration; India; Demographic dividend; Indian states; age-structure; convergence; growth rate; per capita income; per capita income growth; economic growth; age distribution; Economywide Country Studies: Asia including Middle East;
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:11/38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .