Market Discipline and Conflicts of Interest Between Banks and Pension Funds
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward Whitehouse, 2009. "Pensions During the Crisis: Impact on Retirement Income Systems and Policy Responses," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 34(4), pages 536-547, October.
- Roberto Steiner & Adolfo Barajas, 2000. "Depositor Behavior and Market Discipline in Colombia," IMF Working Papers 00/214, International Monetary Fund.
- Berger, Allen N. & Turk-Ariss, Rima, 2010.
"Do Depositors Discipline Banks? An International Perspective,"
11-25, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Allen N. Berger & Rima Turk-Ariss, 2011. "Do depositors discipline banks? an international perspective," Proceedings 1121, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Catal N, Mario, 2004. "Pension funds and corporate governance in developing countries: what do we know and what do we need to know?," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(02), pages 197-232, July.
- Ljungqvist, Alexander & Marston, Felicia & Starks, Laura T. & Wei, Kelsey D. & Yan, Hong, 2007.
"Conflicts of interest in sell-side research and the moderating role of institutional investors,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 420-456, August.
- Ljungqvist, Alexander P. & Marston, Felicia & Starks, Laura T & Wei, Kelsey D. & Yan, Hong, 2005. "Conflicts of Interest in Sell-Side Research and the Moderating Role of Institutional Investors," CEPR Discussion Papers 5001, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Adolfo Barajas & Emiliano Basco & V Hugo Juan-Ramón & Carlos Quarracino, 2007.
"Banks During the Argentine Crisis: Were They All Hurt Equally? Did They All Behave Equally?,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 54(4), pages 621-662, November.
- V. Hugo Juan-Ramon & Emiliano Basco & Carlos Quarracino & Adolfo Barajas, 2006. "Banks During the Argentine Crisis; Were they All Hurt Equally? Did they All Behave Equally?," IMF Working Papers 06/42, International Monetary Fund.
- Park, Sangkyun & Peristiani, Stavros, 1998. "Market Discipline by Thrift Depositors," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 347-364, August.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Andrew Powell, 2001. "Can Emerging Market Bank Regulators Establish Credible Discipline? The Case of Argentina, 1992-99," NBER Chapters,in: Prudential Supervision: What Works and What Doesn't, pages 147-196 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fabian Valencia & Luc Laeven, 2008. "Systemic Banking Crises; A New Database," IMF Working Papers 08/224, International Monetary Fund.
- Clark, Gordon L., 2004. "Pension fund governance: expertise and organizational form," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(02), pages 233-253, July.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 2004. "Market discipline and deposit insurance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 375-399, March.
More about this item
KeywordsBanks; Banking crisis; Argentina; Asset management; Economic models; Pension funds; Investment; conflicts of interest; institutional investors; market discipline; pension; pension fund; pension fund management; private pension funds; Financial Institutions And Services; Corporate Finance And Governance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:11/282. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .