On the Stability of Money Demand in Ghana; A Bounds Testing Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Markus Knell & Helmut Stix, 2006. "Three decades of money demand studies: differences and similarities," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(7), pages 805-818.
- Ghartey, Edward E., 1998. "Monetary dynamics in Ghana: evidence from cointegration, error correction modelling, and exogeneity," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 473-486.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Abera Gelan, 2009. "How stable is the demand for money in African countries?," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 216-235, July.
- Pradhan, Basanta K. & Subramanian, A., 2003. "On the stability of demand for money in a developing economy: Some empirical issues," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 335-351, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsDemand for money; Ghana; Money demand; bounds testing; stability; monetary policy; inflation; foreign currency; Econometric Methods: - Single Equation Models;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2011-12-19 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2011-12-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2011-12-19 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2011-12-19 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2011-12-19 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:11/273. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .