Velocity of Pledged Collateral; Analysis and Implications
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arvind Krishnamurthy & Stefan Nagel & Dmitry Orlov, 2014. "Sizing Up Repo," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 69(6), pages 2381-2417, December.
- Dive, Matthew & Hodge, Ronan & Jones, Catrin & Purchase, James, 2011. "Developments in the global securities lending market," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 51(3), pages 224-233.
- Gorton, Gary & Metrick, Andrew, 2012.
"Securitized banking and the run on repo,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 425-451.
- Gary B. Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," NBER Working Papers 15223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2358, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2009.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Gary Gorton & Arvind Krishnamurthy, 2012. "Risk Topography," NBER Macroeconomics Annual, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(1), pages 149-176.
- Adrian, Tobias & Shin, Hyun Song, 2010. "Liquidity and leverage," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 418-437, July.
- Ang, Andrew & Gorovyy, Sergiy & van Inwegen, Gregory B., 2011. "Hedge fund leverage," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 102-126, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sheri M Markose, 2013. "Systemic risk analytics: A data-driven multi-agent financial network (MAFN) approach," Journal of Banking Regulation, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 14(3-4), pages 285-305, July.
- Duffie, Darrell & Scheicher, Martin & Vuillemey, Guillaume, 2015.
"Central clearing and collateral demand,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 237-256.
- Darrell Duffie & Martin Scheicher & Guillaume Vuillemey, 2014. "Central Clearing and Collateral Demand," NBER Working Papers 19890, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Scheicher, Martin & Vuillemey, Guillaume & Duffie, Darrell, 2014. "Central clearing and collateral demand," Working Paper Series 1638, European Central Bank.
- Darrell Duffie & Martin Schneicher & Guillaume Vuillemey, 2014. "Central Clearing and Collateral Demand," Economics Working Papers 14104, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- Manmohan Singh, 2013. "Collateral and Monetary Policy," IMF Working Papers 13/186, International Monetary Fund.
- Manmohan Singh, 2015. "Managing the Fed’s Liftoff and Transmission of Monetary Policy," IMF Working Papers 15/202, International Monetary Fund.
- Duc Thi Luu & Mauro Napoletano & Paolo Barucca & Stefano Battiston, 2018.
"Collateral Unchained : Rehypothecation networkd, concentration and systemic effects,"
Sciences Po publications
2018-07, Sciences Po.
- Duc Thi Luu & Mauro Napoletano & Paolo Barucca & Stefano Battiston, 2018. "Collateral Unchained: Rehypothecation networks, concentration and systemic effects," LEM Papers Series 2018/05, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Duc Thi Luu & Mauro Napoletano & Paolo Barucca & Stefano Battiston, 2018. "Collateral Unchained: Rehypothecation networks, concentration and systemic effects," Papers 1802.02127, arXiv.org.
- Duc Thi Luu & Mauro Napoletano & Paolo Barucca & Stefano Battiston, 2018. "Collateral Unchained: Rehypothecation Networks, Concentration and Systemic Effects," GREDEG Working Papers 2018-05, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
- Duc Thi Luu & Mauro Napoletano & Paolo Barucca & Stafano Battiston, 2018. "Collateral Unchained : Rehypothecation networks, concentration and systemic effects," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2018-07, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Derek Anderson & Benjamin L Hunt & Stephen Snudden, 2013. "Fiscal Consolidation in the Euro Area; How Much Can Structural Reforms Ease the Pain?," IMF Working Papers 13/211, International Monetary Fund.
- Alberto Giovannini, 2013. "Risk-free assets in financial markets," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Sovereign risk: a world without risk-free assets?, volume 72, pages 73-78 Bank for International Settlements.
- Branch, William A., 2016. "Imperfect knowledge, liquidity and bubbles," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 17-42.
- Kartik Anand & James Chapman & Prasanna Gai, 2012. "Covered bonds, core markets, and financial stability," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-065, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- W. Arrata & B. Nguyen & I. Rahmouni-Rousseau & M. Vari, 2017. "Eurosystem’s asset purchases and money market rates," Working papers 652, Banque de France.
- Michael Grill & Karl Schmedders & Felix Kubler & Johannes Brumm, 2017.
"Re-use of Collateral: Leverage, Volatility, and Welfare,"
2017 Meeting Papers
697, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Brumm, Johannes & Grill, Michael & Kubler, Felix & Schmedders, Karl, 2018. "Re-use of collateral: leverage, volatility, and welfare," Working Paper Series 2218, European Central Bank.
- Johannes Brumm & Michael Grill & Felix Kubler & Karl Schmedders, 2017. "Re-Use of Collateral: Leverage, Volatility, and Welfare," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 17-04, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Héctor Pérez Saiz & Gabriel Xerri, 2016. "Credit Risk and Collateral Demand in a Retail Payment System," Discussion Papers 16-16, Bank of Canada.
- Lucas Marc Fuhrer & Basil Guggenheim & Silvio Schumacher, 2016. "Re‐Use of Collateral in the Repo Market," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 48(6), pages 1169-1193, September.
- Anderson, Ronald W. & Jõeveer, Karin, 2014. "The economics of collateral," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 59295, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Pellerin, Sabrina & Sabol, Steven & Walter, John R., 2013. "MBS Real Estate Investment Trusts: A Primer," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue 3Q, pages 193-227.
- repec:eee:finsta:v:33:y:2017:i:c:p:311-330 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bank for International Settlements, 2015. "Central bank operating frameworks and collateral markets," CGFS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 53, July.
- William R. White, 2012. "Ultra easy monetary policy and the law of unintended consequences," Globalization Institute Working Papers 126, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Anastasia Nesvetailova, 2015. "A Crisis of the Overcrowded Future: Shadow Banking and the Political Economy of Financial Innovation," New Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 431-453, June.
- repec:taf:rripxx:v:23:y:2016:i:6:p:967-1000 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tao Sun, 2015. "The Impact of Global Liquidity on Financial Landscapes and Risks in the ASEAN-5 Countries," IMF Working Papers 15/211, International Monetary Fund.
- Maya Eden & Benjamin Kay, 2015. "Safe Assets as Commodity Money," Working Papers 15-23, Office of Financial Research, US Department of the Treasury.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational financial markets; Monetary policy; pledged collateral; velocity of collateral; churning; rehypothecation; collateral; hedge; hedge funds; financial system; hedge fund; Financial Institutions and Services: Government Policy and Regulation; International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions; Corporation and Securities Law; General Financial Markets: Government Policy and Regulation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:11/256. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hassan Zaidi to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.