Velocity of Pledged Collateral; Analysis and Implications
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arvind Krishnamurthy & Stefan Nagel & Dmitry Orlov, 2014. "Sizing Up Repo," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 69(6), pages 2381-2417, December.
- Dive, Matthew & Hodge, Ronan & Jones, Catrin & Purchase, James, 2011. "Developments in the global securities lending market," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 51(3), pages 224-233.
- Gorton, Gary & Metrick, Andrew, 2012.
"Securitized banking and the run on repo,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 425-451.
- Gary B. Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," NBER Working Papers 15223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2358, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2009.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Gary Gorton & Arvind Krishnamurthy, 2012. "Risk Topography," NBER Macroeconomics Annual, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(1), pages 149-176.
- Adrian, Tobias & Shin, Hyun Song, 2010. "Liquidity and leverage," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 418-437, July.
- Ang, Andrew & Gorovyy, Sergiy & van Inwegen, Gregory B., 2011. "Hedge fund leverage," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 102-126, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sheri M Markose, 2013. "Systemic risk analytics: A data-driven multi-agent financial network (MAFN) approach," Journal of Banking Regulation, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 14(3-4), pages 285-305, July.
- Duffie, Darrell & Scheicher, Martin & Vuillemey, Guillaume, 2015.
"Central clearing and collateral demand,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 237-256.
- Darrell Duffie & Martin Scheicher & Guillaume Vuillemey, 2014. "Central Clearing and Collateral Demand," NBER Working Papers 19890, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Scheicher, Martin & Vuillemey, Guillaume & Duffie, Darrell, 2014. "Central clearing and collateral demand," Working Paper Series 1638, European Central Bank.
- Darrell Duffie & Martin Schneicher & Guillaume Vuillemey, 2014. "Central Clearing and Collateral Demand," Economics Working Papers 14104, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- Manmohan Singh, 2013. "Collateral and Monetary Policy," IMF Working Papers 13/186, International Monetary Fund.
- Manmohan Singh, 2015. "Managing the Fed’s Liftoff and Transmission of Monetary Policy," IMF Working Papers 15/202, International Monetary Fund.
- Duc Thi Luu & Mauro Napoletano & Paolo Barucca & Stefano Battiston, 2018.
"Collateral Unchained: Rehypothecation Networks, Concentration and Systemic Effects,"
GREDEG Working Papers
2018-05, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
- Duc Thi Luu & Mauro Napoletano & Paolo Barucca & Stefano Battiston, 2018. "Collateral Unchained: Rehypothecation networks, concentration and systemic effects," LEM Papers Series 2018/05, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Duc Thi Luu & Mauro Napoletano & Paolo Barucca & Stefano Battiston, 2018. "Collateral Unchained: Rehypothecation networks, concentration and systemic effects," Papers 1802.02127, arXiv.org.
- Derek Anderson & Benjamin L Hunt & Stephen Snudden, 2013. "Fiscal Consolidation in the Euro Area; How Much Can Structural Reforms Ease the Pain?," IMF Working Papers 13/211, International Monetary Fund.
- Alberto Giovannini, 2013. "Risk-free assets in financial markets," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Sovereign risk: a world without risk-free assets?, volume 72, pages 73-78 Bank for International Settlements.
- Branch, William A., 2016. "Imperfect knowledge, liquidity and bubbles," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 17-42.
- Kartik Anand & James Chapman & Prasanna Gai, 2012. "Covered bonds, core markets, and financial stability," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-065, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- W. Arrata & B. Nguyen & I. Rahmouni-Rousseau & M. Vari, 2017. "Eurosystem’s asset purchases and money market rates," Working papers 652, Banque de France.
- Michael Grill & Karl Schmedders & Felix Kubler & Johannes Brumm, 2017.
"Re-use of Collateral: Leverage, Volatility, and Welfare,"
2017 Meeting Papers
697, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Johannes Brumm & Michael Grill & Felix Kubler & Karl Schmedders, 2017. "Re-Use of Collateral: Leverage, Volatility, and Welfare," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 17-04, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Héctor Pérez Saiz & Gabriel Xerri, 2016. "Credit Risk and Collateral Demand in a Retail Payment System," Discussion Papers 16-16, Bank of Canada.
- Lucas Marc Fuhrer & Basil Guggenheim & Silvio Schumacher, 2016. "Re‐Use of Collateral in the Repo Market," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 48(6), pages 1169-1193, September.
- Anderson, Ronald W. & Jõeveer, Karin, 2014. "The economics of collateral," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 59295, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Pellerin, Sabrina & Sabol, Steven & Walter, John R., 2013. "MBS Real Estate Investment Trusts: A Primer," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue 3Q, pages 193-227.
- repec:eee:finsta:v:33:y:2017:i:c:p:311-330 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bank for International Settlements, 2015. "Central bank operating frameworks and collateral markets," CGFS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 53.
- William R. White, 2012. "Ultra easy monetary policy and the law of unintended consequences," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 126, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Duc Thi Luu & Mauro Napoletano & Paolo Barucca & Stefano Battiston, 2018. "Collateral Unchained : Rehypothecation networkd, concentration and systemic effects," Sciences Po publications 2018-07, Sciences Po.
- Anastasia Nesvetailova, 2015. "A Crisis of the Overcrowded Future: Shadow Banking and the Political Economy of Financial Innovation," New Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 431-453, June.
- repec:taf:rripxx:v:23:y:2016:i:6:p:967-1000 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tao Sun, 2015. "The Impact of Global Liquidity on Financial Landscapes and Risks in the ASEAN-5 Countries," IMF Working Papers 15/211, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational financial markets; Monetary policy; pledged collateral; velocity of collateral; churning; rehypothecation; collateral; hedge; hedge funds; financial system; hedge fund; Financial Institutions and Services: Government Policy and Regulation; International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions; Corporation and Securities Law; General Financial Markets: Government Policy and Regulation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-12-19 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:11/256. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .