Inflation Targeting and Monetary Policy Transmission Mechanisms in Emerging Market Economies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert M. Townsend & Kenichi Ueda, 2010. "Welfare Gains From Financial Liberalization," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 51(3), pages 553-597, August.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1998.
"The Global Capital Market: Benefactor or Menace?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 12(4), pages 9-30, Fall.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1998. "The Global Capital Market: Benefactor or Menace?," NBER Working Papers 6559, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 2000. "The Global Capital Market: Benefactor or Menace?," International Finance 0004001, EconWPA.
- Maurice Obstfeld., 1998. "The Global Capital Market: Benefactor or Menace?," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C98-098, University of California at Berkeley.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 1998. "The Global Capital Market: Benefactor or Menace?," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt3kn3n2s8, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Mustapha Kamel Nabli, 2007. "Breaking the Barriers to Higher Economic Growth : Better Governance and Deeper Reforms in the Middle East and North Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6914.
- Joshua Greene & Delano Villanueva, 1991. "Private Investment in Developing Countries: An Empirical Analysis," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 38(1), pages 33-58, March.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Ioannis Tokatlidis, 2003.
"Financial Liberalisation: The African Experience,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 12(Supplemen), pages 53-88, September.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Tokatlidis, Ioannis, 2000. "Financial Liberalization: The African Experience," MPRA Paper 13423, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Tokatlidis, Ioannis, 2005. "Before and After Financial Liberalization," MPRA Paper 6986, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Ostry, Jonathan, 1995.
"El ahorro y 1a tasa de interes real en los paises en desarrollo
[Saving and the Real Interest Rate in Developing Countries]," MPRA Paper 13733, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Ostry, Jonathan, 1995. "Saving and real interest rates in developing countries," MPRA Paper 13352, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simon Neaime, 2008. "Monetary Policy Transmission and Targeting Mechanisms in the MENA Region," Working Papers 395, Economic Research Forum, revised 03 Jan 2008.
- Lahcen ACHY, 2004. "Financial liberalization, saving, investment and growth in MENA countries," Finance 0411004, EconWPA.
- Jonathan Gruber, 2006. "A Tax-Based Estimate of the Elasticity of Intertemporal Substitution," NBER Working Papers 11945, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ben Naceur, Samy & Ghazouani, Samir & Omran, Mohammed, 2008. "Does stock market liberalization spur financial and economic development in the MENA region?," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 673-693, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Taha Bahadir Sarac & OkYAY Ucan, 2013. "The Interest Rate Channel in Turkey: An Investigation with Kalman Filter Approach," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(4), pages 874-884.
- Kapur, Muneesh & Behera, Harendra, 2012. "Monetary Transmission Mechanism in India: A Quarterly Model," MPRA Paper 70631, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Afrin, Sadia, 2017. "Monetary policy transmission in Bangladesh: Exploring the lending channel," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 60-80.
- Montes, Gabriel Caldas, 2013. "Credibility and monetary transmission channels under inflation targeting: An econometric analysis from a developing country," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 670-684.
- Benson Ogbonna & Kalu Uma, 2014. "Monetary Policy Transmission Mechanism In Nigeria: An Overview," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 0702101, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Kalu E. Uma & Benson M. Ogbonna & Paul Obidike, 2014. "Monetary Policy Transmission Mechanism In Nigeria: An Overview," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 0702180, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Zhandos Ybrayev, 2017. "The Prospect Of Inflation Targeting In Kazakhstan," Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance, Eurasian Publications, vol. 5(1), pages 33-48.
- Jamilov, Rustam, 2012. "Channels of Monetary Transmission in the CIS," MPRA Paper 39568, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dumitriu, Ramona & Stefanescu, Razvan, 2014.
"Perspective ale ţintirii inflaţiei
[Perspectives of the Inflation Targeting]," MPRA Paper 52943, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Jan 2014.
- Turhan, Ibrahim M. & Gumus, Nihat, 2014. "On the relative importance of monetary transmission channels in Turkey," MPRA Paper 69827, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 May 2014.
- Holtemöller, Oliver & Mallick, Sushanta, 2016. "Global food prices and monetary policy in an emerging market economy: The case of India," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 56-70.
More about this item
KeywordsInflation targeting; Monetary policy; Private investment; Private consumption; interest rate elasticity; financial market development; capital account; deposit rate; financial sector; stock market; Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy; Open Economy Macroeconomics; International Policy Coordination and Transmission;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2011-10-15 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-CBA-2011-10-15 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2011-10-15 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2011-10-15 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:11/229. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .