Institutional Cash Pools and the Triffin Dilemma of the U.S. Banking System
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arvind Krishnamurthy & Annette Vissing-Jorgensen, 2007. "The Demand for Treasury Debt," NBER Working Papers 12881, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Perry Mehrling, 2010. "The New Lombard Street: How the Fed Became the Dealer of Last Resort," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 9298.
- Jeremy C. Stein, 2011. "Monetary Policy as Financial-Stability Regulation," NBER Working Papers 16883, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ricardo J. Caballero, 2010. "The "Other" Imbalance and the Financial Crisis," NBER Working Papers 15636, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:taf:rripxx:v:24:y:2017:i:5:p:802-838 is not listed on IDEAS
- Swati Ghosh & Ines Gonzalez del Mazo & ?nci Ötker-Robe, 2012. "Chasing the Shadows : How Significant is Shadow Banking in Emerging Markets?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 17088, The World Bank.
- Rodrigo Pérez Artica & Lisana Martinez & Leandro Brufman, 2016. "A Study of Excess Savings at the Firm Level in Developed Countries. Three Hypotheses about its Causes," Ensayos Económicos, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department, vol. 1(74), pages 57-104, December.
- Claessens, Stijn, 2017. "Regulation and structural change in financial systems," CEPR Discussion Papers 11822, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Baranova, Yuliya & Liu, Zijun & Noss, Joseph, 2016. "The role of collateral in supporting liquidity," Bank of England working papers 609, Bank of England.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2012. "Entérese rápidamente de la crisis financiera: guía de lectura para un fin de semana," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 14(26), pages 15-46, January-J.
- Derek Anderson & Benjamin L Hunt & Stephen Snudden, 2013. "Fiscal Consolidation in the Euro Area; How Much Can Structural Reforms Ease the Pain?," IMF Working Papers 13/211, International Monetary Fund.
- Yeva Nersisyan, 2015. "The Repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act and the Federal Reserve's Extraordinary Intervention during the Global Financial Crisis," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_829, Levy Economics Institute.
- Unger, Robert, 2016. "Traditional banks, shadow banks and the US credit boom: Credit origination versus financing," Discussion Papers 11/2016, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Rodrigo Pérez Artica & Leandro Brufman & Lisana Belén Martinez, 2017. "Delving into the Secular Stagnation Hypothesis: A Firm-Level Analysis of the Private Sector’s Excess Savings in Advanced Economies," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 59(1), pages 77-106, March.
- Michel Aglietta & Jean-Charles Hourcade & Carlo Jaeger & Baptiste Fabert, 2015. "Financing transition in an adverse context: climate finance beyond carbon finance," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 403-420, November.
- Joachim Keller, 2012. "The shadow banking system : economic characteristics and regulatory issues," Financial Stability Review, National Bank of Belgium, vol. 10(1), pages 121-134, June.
- repec:taf:rripxx:v:23:y:2016:i:6:p:915-940 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tao Sun, 2015. "The Impact of Global Liquidity on Financial Landscapes and Risks in the ASEAN-5 Countries," IMF Working Papers 15/211, International Monetary Fund.
- Zoltan Pozsar, 2014. "Shadow Banking: The Money View," Working Papers 14-04, Office of Financial Research, US Department of the Treasury.
More about this item
KeywordsMoney; Shadow banking; United States; institutional cash pools; Treasury bills; macroprudential; banking; banking system; deposit insurance; money market; insured deposit; Money And Interest Rates; Financial Institutions And Services;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-09-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2011-09-22 (Banking)
- NEP-MON-2011-09-22 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:11/190. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .