The Impact of the Global Financial Crisison Microfinance and Policy Implications
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven B. Caudill & Daniel M. Gropper & Valentina Hartarska, 2009. "Which Microfinance Institutions Are Becoming More Cost Effective with Time? Evidence from a Mixture Model," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 41(4), pages 651-672, June.
- Gonzalez, Adrian, 2007. "Resilience of Microfinance Institutions to National Macroeconomic Events: An Econometric Analysis of MFI asset quality," MPRA Paper 4317, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ahlin, Christian & Lin, Jocelyn & Maio, Michael, 2011. "Where does microfinance flourish? Microfinance institution performance in macroeconomic context," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 105-120, July.
- Nicolas Krauss & Ingo Walter, 2009. "Can Microfinance Reduce Portfolio Volatility?," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(1), pages 85-110, October.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Esther Duflo, 2007. "The Economic Lives of the Poor," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(1), pages 141-168, Winter.
- Niels Hermes & Robert Lensink, 2007. "The empirics of microfinance: what do we know?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(517), pages 1-10, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marie Briere & Ariane Szafarz, 2015.
"Does commercial microfinance belong to the financial sector? Lessons from the stock market,"
ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 67, pages 110-125, March.
- Brière, Marie & Szafarz, Ariane, 2015. "Does Commercial Microfinance Belong to the Financial Sector? Lessons from the Stock Market," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 110-125.
- Marie Briere & Ariane Szafarz, 2014. "Does Commercial Microfinance Belong to the Financial Sector? Lessons from the Stock Market," Working Papers CEB 14-024, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marie Brière & Ariane Szafarz, 2015. "Does Commercial Microfinance Belong to the Financial Sector? Lessons from the Stock Market," Post-Print hal-01491987, HAL.
- Berg, Gunhild & Kirschenmann, Karolin, 2012. "Funding vs. real economy shock : the impact of the 2007-2009 crisis on small firms'credit availability," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6030, The World Bank.
- Mohieldin , Mahmoud & Rostom , Ahmed & Fu, Xiaochen & Iqbal, Zamir, 2012.
"The Role of Islamic Finance in Enhancing Financial Inclusion in Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) Countries,"
Islamic Economic Studies,
The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 20, pages 55-120.
- Mohieldin, Mahmoud & Iqbal, Zamir & Rostom, Ahmed & Fu, Xiaochen, 2011. "The role of Islamic finance in enhancing financial inclusion in organization of Islamic cooperation (OIC) countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5920, The World Bank.
- Pawel Galinski, 2013. "Activity Of Microfinance Institutions In The Period Of The Global Financial Crisis," Equilibrium. Quarterly Journal of Economics and Economic Policy, Institute of Economic Research, vol. 8(1), pages 91-105, March.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7858 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicolas A. LASH & Bala BATAVIA, 2016. "Government Policies And Micro Lending In Emerging Markets," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 17, pages 9-32, June.
- Marie Briere & Ariane Szafarz, 2011. "Investment in Microfinance Equity: Risk, Return, and Diversification Benefits," Working Papers CEB 11-050, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Wagner, Charlotte & Winkler, Adalbert, 2013. "The Vulnerability of Microfinance to Financial Turmoil – Evidence from the Global Financial Crisis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 71-90.
- Wijesiri, Mahinda, 2016.
"Weathering the storm: ownership structure and performance of microfinance institutions in the wake of the global financial crisis,"
Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 238-247.
- Mahinda Wijesiri, 2016. "Weathering the storm: Ownership structure and performance of microfinance institutions in the wake of the global financial crisis," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2016-002, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic conditions; Credit risk; International capital markets; Interest rates on loans; Microfinance; Systemic risk; global financial crisis; lending rate fundamentals; capital markets; international capital; Financial Institutions and Services: Government Policy and Regulation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2011-08-22 (Banking)
- NEP-MFD-2011-08-22 (Microfinance)
- NEP-REG-2011-08-22 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:11/175. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .