Policy Coordination in Fiscal Federalism; Drawing Lessons From the Dubai Debt Crisis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tanzi, Vito, 2008. "The future of fiscal federalism," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance SP II 2008-03, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Arturo Galindo & Carlos Scartascini & J. Mark Payne & Robert Daughters & Alberto Melo & Koldo Echebarría & Eduardo Lora & Gabriel Filc & Alejandro Micco & Alberto E. Chong & Ugo Panizza & Juan Benavid, 2007. "The State of State Reform in Latin America," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 352 edited by Eduardo Lora, March.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Adala Bwire, 2004. "The economic (in)efficiency of devolution," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 36(11), pages 1907-1928, November.
- Crivelli, Ernesto & Staal, Klaas, 2006.
"Size and soft budget constraints,"
Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems
172, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Ernesto Crivelli & Klaas Staal, 2006. "Size and Soft Budget Constraints," Working Papers 2006-13, University of Kentucky, Institute for Federalism and Intergovernmental Relations.
- Ernesto Crivelli & Klaas Staal, 2006. "Size and Soft Budget Constraints," CESifo Working Paper Series 1858, CESifo Group Munich.
- Teresa Ter-Minassian, 2007. "Fiscal Rules for Subnational Governments: Can They Promote Fiscal Discipline?," OECD Journal on Budgeting, OECD Publishing, vol. 6(3), pages 1-11.
- Morten O. Ravn & Harald Uhlig, 2002. "On adjusting the Hodrick-Prescott filter for the frequency of observations," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 371-375.
- Wildasin, David E., 1997.
"Externalities and bailouts : hard and soft budget constraints in intergovernmental fiscal relations,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1843, The World Bank.
- David E. Wildasin, 2001. "Externalities and Bailouts: Hard and Soft Budget Constraints in Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations," Public Economics 0112002, EconWPA.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Arturo Galindo & Carlos Scartascini & J. Mark Payne & Robert Daughters & Alberto Melo & Koldo Echebarría & Eduardo Lora & Gabriel Filc & Alejandro Micco & Alberto E. Chong & Ugo Panizza & Juan Benavid, 2007. "The State of State Reform in Latin America," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 59578 edited by Eduardo Lora, February.
- Raphael A Espinoza & Abdelhak S Senhadji, 2011. "How Strong are Fiscal Multipliers in the GCC?," IMF Working Papers 11/61, International Monetary Fund.
- Tanzi, Vito, 2008. "The future of fiscal federalism," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 705-712, September.
- International Monetary Fund, 2010. "The Cyclicality of Fiscal Policy in the Middle East and Central Asia; Is the Current Crisis Different?," IMF Working Papers 10/68, International Monetary Fund.
- Gary Woller & Kerk Phillips, 1998. "Fiscal decentralisation and IDC economic growth: An empirical investigation," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(4), pages 139-148.
- Thushyanthan Baskaran & Lars P. Feld, 2009. "Fiscal Decentralization and Economic Growth in OECD Countries: Is there a Relationship?," CESifo Working Paper Series 2721, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:idb:brikps:59578 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raimundo Soto & Ilham Haouas, 2012. "Has the UAE Escaped the Oil Curse?," Working Papers 728, Economic Research Forum, revised 2012.
- Carlos Caceres & Serhan Cevik & Ricardo Fenochietto & Borja Gracia, 2015.
"The Day After Tomorrow: Designing an Optimal Fiscal Strategy for Libya,"
Journal of Banking and Financial Economics,
University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 2(4), pages 32-50, July.
- Carlos Caceres & Serhan Cevik & Marco Committeri & Borja Gracia, 2013. "The Day After Tomorrow; Designing an Optimal Fiscal Strategy for Libya," IMF Working Papers 13/79, International Monetary Fund.
- Syed Basher, 2015.
"Regional initiative in the Gulf Arab States: the search for a common currency,"
International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(2), pages 185-202, June.
- Syed Abul, Basher, 2013. "Regional Initiative in the Gulf Arab States: The Search for a Common Currency," MPRA Paper 46486, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness cycles; Debt sustainability; Contingent liabilities; Fiscal imbalances; Public debt; Fiscal sustainability; Fiscal policy; Hydrocarbons; Natural resources; United Arab Emirates; Taxation; cyclically-adjusted budget balance; fiscal federalism; statement of fiscal risks; debt; deficit; budget; public sector; General Outlook and Conditions; Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents: General; National Government Expenditures and Related Policies: General; National Budget; and Debt: General; National Budget; and Debt: Other; Governmental Loans; Loan Guarantees; Credits; and Grants; And Finance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-07-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2011-07-21 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-MAC-2011-07-21 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:11/147. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .