Euro Area Export Performance and Competitiveness
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Valerie Cerra & Jarkko Soikkeli & Sweta C. Saxena, 2003. "How Competitive is Irish Manufacturing?," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 34(2), pages 173-193.
- repec:wsi:wschap:9789814749589_0001 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mick Silver, 2007. "Do Unit Value Export, Import, and Terms of Trade Indices Represent or Misrepresent Price Indices?," IMF Working Papers 07/121, International Monetary Fund.
- Morris Goldstein & Mohsin S. Khan, 2017. "Income and Price Effects in Foreign Trade," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: TRADE CURRENCIES AND FINANCE, chapter 1, pages 3-81 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Helge Berger & Volker Nitsch, 2010. "The Euro’s Effecton Trade Imbalances," IMF Working Papers 10/226, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Walter Paternesi Meloni, 2017. "Austerity & Competitiveness in the Eurozone: a misleading linkage," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0223, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- repec:kap:openec:v:29:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11079-017-9457-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- THORBECKE, Willem & KATO Atsuyuki, 2012. "The Effect of Exchange Rate Changes on Germany's Exports," Discussion papers 12081, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- D. Siena, 2014. "The European Monetary Union and Imbalances: Is it an Anticipation Story ?," Working papers 501, Banque de France.
- Hughes Hallett, Andrew & Martinez Oliva, Juan Carlos, 2015.
"The importance of trade and capital imbalances in the European debt crisis,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 229-252.
- Andrew Hughes Hallett & Juan Carlos Martinez Oliva, 2013. "The Importance of Trade and Capital Imbalances in the European Debt Crisis," Working Paper Series WP13-1, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Francesco Aiello & Graziella Bonanno & Alessia Via, 2015.
"Again on trade elasticities: evidence from a selected sample of countries,"
Eurasian Business Review,
Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 5(2), pages 259-287, December.
- Francesco Aiello & Graziella Bonanno & Alessia Via, 2015. "Again On Trade Elasticities. Evidence From A Selected Sample Of Countries," Working Papers 201504, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Tkačevs, Olegs & Christodoulopoulou, Styliani & Bobeica, Elena, 2016.
"The role of price and cost competitiveness for intra- and extra-euro area trade of euro area countries,"
Working Paper Series
1941, European Central Bank.
- Elena Bobeica & Olegs Tkacevs & Styliani Christodoulopoulou, 2016. "The role of price and cost competitiveness for intra- and extra-euro area trade of euro area countries," Working Papers 2016/04, Latvijas Banka.
- Matteo Bugamelli & Silvia Fabiani & Stefano Federico & Alberto Felettigh & Claire Giordano & Andrea Linarello, 2018.
"Back on Track? A Macro–Micro Narrative of Italian Exports,"
Italian Economic Journal: A Continuation of Rivista Italiana degli Economisti and Giornale degli Economisti,
Springer;Società Italiana degli Economisti (Italian Economic Association), vol. 4(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Matteo Bugamelli & Silvia Fabiani & Stefano Federico & Alberto Felettigh & Claire Giordano & Andrea Linarello, 2017. "Back on track? A macro-micro narrative of Italian exports," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 399, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Matteo Bugamelli & Silvia Fabiani & Stefano Federico & Alberto Felettigh & Claire Giordano & Andrea Linarello, 2018. "Back on Track? A micro-macro Narrative of Italian Exports," Working Papers 1, Department of the Treasury, Ministry of the Economy and of Finance.
- Meriem Bouchoucha, 2015. "The Euro Effect on Eurozone Exports," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(3), pages 399-418, September.
- Cinzia Alcidi & Ansgar Belke & Alessandro Giovannini & Daniel Gros, 2016. "Macroeconomic adjustment programmes in the euro area: an overall assessment," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 345-358, July.
- Andrew J Tiffin, 2014. "European Productivity, Innovation and Competitiveness; The Case of Italy," IMF Working Papers 14/79, International Monetary Fund.
- Styliani Christodoulopoulou & Oļegs Tkačevs, 2016.
"Measuring the effectiveness of cost and price competitiveness in external rebalancing of euro area countries: What do alternative HCIs tell us?,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 43(3), pages 487-531, August.
- Styliani Christodoulopoulou & Olegs Tkacevs, 2014. "Measuring the Effectiveness of Cost and Price Competitiveness in External Rebalancing of Euro Area Countries: What Do Alternative HCIs Tell Us?," Working Papers 2014/06, Latvijas Banka.
- Tkačevs, Olegs & Christodoulopoulou, Styliani, 2014. "Measuring the effectiveness of cost and price competitiveness in external rebalancing of euro area countries: What do alternative HCIs tell us?," Working Paper Series 1736, European Central Bank.
- Ryota Nakatani, 2014. "The Effects of Financial and Real Shocks, Structural Vulnerability and Monetary Policy on Exchange Rates from the Perspective of Currency Crises Models," UTokyo Price Project Working Paper Series 043, University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Economics.
- Christoph Zwick, 2013. "Current Account Adjustment in the Euro-Zone: Lessons from a Flexible-Price-Model," Graz Economics Papers 2013-08, University of Graz, Department of Economics.
- Christoph Fischer & Oliver Hossfeld & Karin Radeck, 2018.
"On the Suitability of Alternative Competitiveness Indicators for Explaining Real Exports of Advanced Economies,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 119-139, February.
- Fischer, Christoph & Hossfeld, Oliver & Radeck, Karin, 2016. "On the suitability of alternative competitiveness indicators for explaining real exports of advanced economies," Discussion Papers 36/2016, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Gianluigi Nocella, 2015. "Competitività e distribuzione funzionale nell'Eurozona," a/ Working Papers Series 1504, Italian Association for the Study of Economic Asymmetries, Rome (Italy).
- International Monetary Fund, 2011. "Cyprus; Selected Issues Paper," IMF Staff Country Reports 11/332, International Monetary Fund.
- Mariarosaria Comunale & Jeroen Hessel, 2014. "Current account imbalances in the Euro area: Competitiveness or financial cycle?," DNB Working Papers 443, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Mirdala, Rajmund, 2015.
"Real Exchange Rates, Current Accounts and Competitiveness Issues in the Euro Area,"
68864, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rajmund Mirdala, 2016. "Real Exchange Rates, Current Accounts and Competitiveness Issues in the Euro Area," FIW Working Paper series 173, FIW.
- Thierry Tressel & Shengzu Wang, 2014. "Rebalancing in the Euro Area and Cyclicality of Current Account Adjustments," IMF Working Papers 14/130, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:liu:liucej:v:14:y:2017:i:1:p:13-36 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paternesi Meloni, Walter, 2016. "Austerity and competitiveness in the Eurozone: a misleading linkage," MPRA Paper 75962, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:liu:liucej:v:14:y:2017:i:1:p:13-37 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fedoseeva, Svetlana & Zeidan, Rodrigo, 2016. "A dead-end tunnel or the light at the end of it: The role of BRICs in European exports," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 237-248.
- Francesco Aiello & Graziella Bonanno & Alessia Via, 2014.
"Do Export Price Elasticities Support Tensions In Currency Markets? Evidence From China And Six Oecd Countries,"
201405, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Aiello, Francesco & Bonanno, Graziella & Via, Alessia, 2014. "Do export price elasticities support tensions in currency markets? Evidence from China and six OECD countries," MPRA Paper 56727, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic models; Euro Area; Export performance; Export growth; Export competitiveness; Exports; Demand; Cross country analysis; Real effective exchange rates; Price elasticity; Foreign exchange; Competitiveness; Trade equations; euro; export; reer; exchange rates; Macroeconomic Policy; Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance; and General Outlook: General; Country and Industry Studies of Trade;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-07-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2011-07-21 (Central Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2011-07-21 (European Economics)
- NEP-INT-2011-07-21 (International Trade)
- NEP-OPM-2011-07-21 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:11/140. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.