Has the Great Recession Raised U.S. Structural Unemployment?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David H. Autor & Mark G. Duggan, 2001.
"The Rise in Disability Recipiency and the Decline in Unemployment,"
JCPR Working Papers
226, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- David H. Autor & Mark G. Duggan, 2001. "The Rise in Disability Recipiency and the Decline in Unemployment," NBER Working Papers 8336, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Menzie D. Chinn & Laurent Ferrara & Valérie Mignon, 2013.
"Post-recession US Employment through the Lens of a Non-linear Okun's law,"
NBER Working Papers
19047, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Menzie Chinn & Laurent Ferrara & Valérie Mignon, 2013. "Post-Recession US Employment through the Lens of a Non-Linear Okun's Law," Working Papers 2013-13, CEPII research center.
- Menzie Chinn & Laurent Ferrara & Valérie Mignon, 2013. "Post-recession US employment through the lens of a non-linear Okun’s law," EconomiX Working Papers 2013-12, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Chen, Jinzhu & Kannan, Prakash & Loungani, Prakash & Trehan, Bharat, 2012.
"New evidence on cyclical and structural sources of unemployment,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue March, pages 1-23.
- Jinzhu Chen & Bharat Trehan & Prakash Kannan & Prakash Loungani, 2011. "New Evidenceon Cyclical and Structural Sources of Unemployment," IMF Working Papers 11/106, International Monetary Fund.
- Zinzhu Chen & Prakash Kannan & Prakash Loungani & Bharat Trehan, 2011. "New evidence on cyclical and structural sources of unemployment," Working Paper Series 2011-17, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Kolisi, Nwabisa & Phiri, Andrew, 2017.
"Changes in the relationship between interest rates and housing prices in South Africa around the 2007 financial crisis,"
80173, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nwabisa Kolisi & Andrew Phiri, 2017. "Changes in the relationshp between interest rates and housing prices in South Africa around the 2007 financial crisis," Working Papers 1704, Department of Economics, Nelson Mandela University, revised Jul 2017.
- Arseneau, David M. & Epstein, Brendan, 2014. "The Welfare Costs of Skill-Mismatch Employment," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-42, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- McGuinness, Seamus & Pouliakas, Konstantinos & Redmond, Paul, 2017. "How Useful Is the Concept of Skills Mismatch?," IZA Discussion Papers 10786, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edward P. Lazear & James R. Spletzer, 2012.
"The United States labor market: status quo or a new normal?,"
Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole,
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 405-451.
- Edward P. Lazear & James R. Spletzer, 2012. "The United States Labor Market: Status Quo or A New Normal?," NBER Working Papers 18386, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward P. Lazear & James R. Spletzer, 2012. "The United States Labor Market: Status Quo or A New Normal?," Working Papers 12-28, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- International Labour Office., 2013. "Global employment trends for youth 2013 : a generation at risk," Global Employment Trends Reports 994816973402676, International Labour Office, Economic and Labour Market Analysis Department.
- Chinn, Menzie & Ferrara, Laurent & Mignon, Valérie, 2014.
"Explaining US employment growth after the great recession: The role of output–employment non-linearities,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 118-129.
- Menzie Chinn & Laurent Ferrara & Valérie Mignon, 2014. "Explaining US employment growth after the Great Recession: the role of output-employment non-linearities," Post-Print hal-01385949, HAL.
- International Monetary Fund, 2016. "Namibia; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 16/374, International Monetary Fund.
- Curtis Simon, 2014. "Sectoral Change And Unemployment During The Great Recession, In Historical Perspective," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(5), pages 828-855, November.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:146:y:2018:i:c:p:184-192 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arpaia, Alfonso & Kiss, Aron & Turrini, Alessandro, 2014.
"Is Unemployment Structural or Cyclical? Main Features of Job Matching in the EU after the Crisis,"
IZA Policy Papers
91, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Alfonso Arpaia & Aron Kiss & Alessandro Turrini, 2014. "Is unemployment structural or cyclical? Main features of job matching in the EU after the crisis," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 527, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Mai Dao & Davide Furceri & Jisoo Hwang & Meeyeon Kim & Tae-Jeong Kim, 2014.
"Strategies for Reforming Korea's Labor Market to Foster Growth,"
2014-25, Economic Research Institute, Bank of Korea.
- Mai Dao & Davide Furceri & Tae-Jeong Kim & Meeyeon Kim & Jisoo Hwang, 2014. "Strategies for Reforming Korea’s Labor Market to Foster Growth," IMF Working Papers 14/137, International Monetary Fund.
- Mitra, Arup., 2013. "Can industry be the key to pro-poor growth? : An exploratory analysis for India," ILO Working Papers 994843463402676, International Labour Organization.
- repec:kap:openec:v:29:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s11079-018-9494-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert J. Gordon, 2013. "The Phillips Curve is Alive and Well: Inflation and the NAIRU During the Slow Recovery," NBER Working Papers 19390, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roy J. Rotheim, 2013. "The economist who mistook his model for a market," Chapters,in: Teaching Post Keynesian Economics, chapter 2, pages 34-55 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- International Monetary Fund, 2014. "Cabo Verde; Staff Report for the 2014 Article IV Consultation," IMF Staff Country Reports 14/296, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:bla:jecsur:v:32:y:2018:i:4:p:985-1015 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:macchp:v2-2131 is not listed on IDEAS
- Downing, Janelle, 2016. "The health effects of the foreclosure crisis and unaffordable housing: A systematic review and explanation of evidence," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 162(C), pages 88-96.
- Andrés Álvarez, 2016. "La Curva de Beveridge en Colombia (1976-2014): Cambios cíclicos y estructurales," Borradores de Economia 962, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Kevin J. Mumford & Katie Schultz, 2013. "The Effect of Underwater Mortgages on Unemployment," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1274, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Hogrefe, Jan & Sachs, Andreas, 2014. "Unemployment and labor reallocation in Europe," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-083, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsUnited States; Unemployment; skills mismatches; foreclosures; unemployment rate; labor market; unemployment rates; structural unemployment; unemployed; Labor And Demographic Economics; Mobility; Unemployment; And Vacancies;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-LAB-2011-05-14 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:11/105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hassan Zaidi to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.