Macroeconomic Costs of Higher Bank Capital and Liquidity Requirements
This paper uses a DSGE model with banks and financial frictions in credit markets to assess the medium-term macroeconomic costs of increasing capital and liquidity requirements. The analysis indicates that the macroeconomic costs of such measures are sensitive to the length of the implementation period as well as to the adjustment strategy used by banks, and the scope for monetary policy to respond to the regulatory changes.
|Date of creation:||01 May 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/pubs/ord_info.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrea Gerali & Stefano Neri & Luca Sessa & Federico M. Signoretti, 2010.
"Credit and Banking in a DSGE Model of the Euro Area,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(s1), pages 107-141, 09.
- Andrea Gerali & Stefano Neri & Luca Sessa & Federico M. Signoretti, 2010. "Credit and banking in a DSGE model of the euro area," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 740, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Matteo Iacoviello & Stefano Neri, 2007.
"Housing Market Spillovers: Evidence from an Estimated DSGE Model,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
659, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 23 Oct 2009.
- Matteo Iacoviello & Stefano Neri, 2010. "Housing Market Spillovers: Evidence from an Estimated DSGE Model," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 2(2), pages 125-64, April.
- Matteo Iacoviello & Stefano Neri, 2008. "Housing market spillovers: Evidence from an estimated DSGE model," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 659, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Matteo Iacoviello & Stefano Neri, 2008. "Housing market spillovers : evidence from an estimated DSGE model," Working Paper Research 145, National Bank of Belgium.
- Calza, Alessandro & Monacelli, Tommaso & Stracca, Livio, 2007.
"Mortgage Markets, Collateral Constraints, and Monetary Policy: Do Institutional Factors Matter?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6231, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Calza, Alessandro & Monacelli, Tommaso & Stracca, Livio, 2006. "Mortgage markets, collateral constraints, and monetary policy: Do institutional factors matter?," CFS Working Paper Series 2007/10, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- William Francis & Matthew Osborne, 2009. "Bank regulation, capital and credit supply: Measuring the Impact of Prudential Standards," Occasional Papers 36, Financial Services Authority.
- Matteo Iacoviello, 2005.
"House Prices, Borrowing Constraints, and Monetary Policy in the Business Cycle,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(3), pages 739-764, June.
- Matteo Iacoviello, 2002. "House prices, borrowing constraints and monetary policy in the business cycle," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 542, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 06 Dec 2004.
- Memmel, Christoph & Raupach, Peter, 2010. "How do banks adjust their capital ratios?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 509-528, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:11/103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow)or (Hassan Zaidi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.