The GCC Banking Sector; Topography and Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Grigorian David & Manole Vlad, 2013.
"Cross-Country Nonparametric Analysis of Bahrains Banking System,"
Acta Universitatis Sapientiae, Economics and Business,
Sciendo, vol. 1(1), pages 23-38, July.
- Vlad Manole & David A. Grigorian, 2005. "A Cross-Country Nonparametric Analysis of Bahrain’s Banking System," IMF Working Papers 05/117, International Monetary Fund.
- Joe Crowley, 2008. "Credit Growth in the Middle East, North Africa, and Central Asia Region," IMF Working Papers 08/184, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:intfin:v:50:y:2017:i:c:p:135-155 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marga PEETERS, 2011.
"The Changing Pattern in International Trade and Capital Flows of the Gulf Cooperation Council Countries in Comparison with other Oil-Exporting Countries,"
Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology,
ScientificPapers.org, vol. 1(7), pages 1-29, December.
- Peeters, Marga, 2010. "The changing pattern in international trade and capital flows of the Gulf cooperation council countries in comparison with other oil-exporting countries," MPRA Paper 23539, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Al-Khouri, Ritab & Arouri, Houda, 2016. "The simultaneous estimation of credit growth, valuation, and stability of the Gulf Cooperation Council banking industry," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 499-518.
- Marga Peeters, 2010. "The changing pattern of international trade and capital flows of the GCC countries," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 415, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Mirzaei, Ali & Al-Khouri, Ritab Salem Farhan, 2016. "The resilience of oil-rich economies to the global financial crisis: Evidence from Kuwaiti financial and real sectors," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 93-108.
- Hassan B. Ghassan & Hassan R. Alhajhoj, 2016.
"Long-Run Dynamic Relationship between FDI and Domestic Investment in GCC Countries,"
Journal of Economics and Econometrics,
Economics and Econometrics Society, vol. 59(2), pages 16-43.
- Hassan B. Ghassan & Hassan R. Alhajhoj, 2016. "Long-Run Dynamic Relationship between FDI and Domestic Investment in GCC Countries," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 2016/16, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Syed Abul Basher & Stefano Fachin, 2013.
"The long-run relationship between savings and investment in oil-exporting developing countries: a case study of the Gulf Arab states,"
OPEC Energy Review,
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, vol. 37(4), pages 429-446, December.
- Basher, Syed Abul & Fachin, Stefano, 2011. "The long-run relationship between savings and investment in oil-exporting developing countries: A case study of the Gulf Arab States," MPRA Paper 29077, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maghyereh, Aktham I. & Awartani, Basel, 2012. "Financial integration of GCC banking markets: A non-parametric bootstrap DEA estimation approach," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 181-195.
- Mahfoudh Abdul Karem Al-Musalli1 & Ku Nor Izah Ku Ismail2, 2012. "Corporate Governance, Bank Specific Characteristics, Banking Industry Characteristics,and Intellectual Capital (IC) Performance of Banks in Arab Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries," Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance (AAMJAF), Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia, vol. 8(Supp. 1), pages 115-135.
- Ullah, Nazim, 2016. "Influencing Factors of Profitability on the Banking Industry : A case study of GCC countries," MPRA Paper 69124, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Al-Hadi, Ahmed & Taylor, Grantley & Al-Yahyaee, Khamis Hamed, 2016. "Ruling Family Political Connections and Risk Reporting: Evidence from the GCC," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 504-524.
- Samargandi, Nahla & Fidrmuc, Jan & Ghosh, Sugata, 2014. "Financial development and economic growth in an oil-rich economy: The case of Saudi Arabia," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 267-278.
- Padamja Khandelwal & Ken Miyajima & Andre O Santos, 2016. "The Impact of Oil Prices on the Banking System in the GCC," IMF Working Papers 16/161, International Monetary Fund.
- Ghassan, Hassan B. & Alhajhoj, Hassan R., 2012.
"Long Run Relationship between IFDI and Domestic Investment in GCC Countries,"
62544, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2013.
- Ghassan, Hassan B. & Alhajhoj, Hassan R., 2015. "Long Run Relationship between IFDI and Domestic Investment in GCC Countries," MPRA Paper 72668, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2016.
- repec:eee:intfin:v:51:y:2017:i:c:p:58-74 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBank soundness; Asset management; Banking sector; Capital; Credit risk; Credit expansion; Household credit; Liquidity; Gulf Cooperation Council; credit growth; financial statements; banking; national bank; banking system; central bank;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2010-05-02 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-BAN-2010-05-02 (Banking)
- NEP-CWA-2010-05-02 (Central & Western Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:10/87. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.