Tax Revenue Response to the Business Cycle
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Joshua Aizenman & Yothin Jinjarak, 2008.
"The collection efficiency of the Value Added Tax: Theory and international evidence,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 391-410.
- Joshua Aizenman & Yothin Jinjarak, 2005. "The Collection Efficiency of the Value Added Tax: Theory and International Evidence," NBER Working Papers 11539, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Jinjarak, Yothin, 2005. "The collection efficiency of the value added tax: theory and international evidence," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt42d103zh, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Hongbin Cai & Qiao Liu, 2009. "Competition and Corporate Tax Avoidance: Evidence from Chinese Industrial Firms," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 119(537), pages 764-795, April.
- Luiz de Mello, 2008. "Avoiding the Value Added Tax: Theory and Cross-Country Evidence," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 604, OECD Publishing.
- John Brondolo, 2009. "Collecting Taxes During an Economic Crisis; Challenges and Policy Options," IMF Staff Position Notes 2009/17, International Monetary Fund.
- Agha, Ali & Haughton, Jonathan, 1996. "Designing VAT Systems: Some Efficiency Considerations," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(2), pages 303-308, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gilles Mourre & Savina Princen, 2015.
"Tax Revenue Elasticities Corrected for Policy Changes in the EU,"
European Economy - Discussion Papers 2015 -
018, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Gilles Mourre & Savina Princen, 2015. "Tax Revenue Elasticities Corrected for Policy Changes in the EU," CESifo Working Paper Series 5657, CESifo Group Munich.
- Stavros Degiannakis & Timotheos Angelidis & George Filis, 2013. "Oil price shocks and volatility do predict stock market regimes," Working Papers 170, Bank of Greece.
- Nihal Bayraktar & Tuan Minh Le & Blanca Moreno-Dodson, 2012. "Tax Capacity and Tax Effort: Extended Cross-Country Analysis from 1994 to 2009," EcoMod2012 3858, EcoMod.
- Mertens, Karel & Ravn, Morten O., 2014.
"A reconciliation of SVAR and narrative estimates of tax multipliers,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(S), pages 1-19.
- Mertens, Karel & Ravn, Morten O, 2012. "A Reconciliation of SVAR and Narrative Estimates of Tax Multipliers," CEPR Discussion Papers 8973, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Romain Houssa & Kelbesa Megersa, 2017. "Institutional quality, economic development and the performance of VAT," BeFinD Working Papers 0115, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Tomáš Kouba, 2016. "The crime and the rationality in the area of tax evasions and tax arrears," Český finanční a účetní časopis, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2016(1), pages 83-97.
- Rolando Ossowski & Alberto Gonzáles-Castillo, 2012. "Manna from Heaven: The Impact of Nonrenewable Resource Revenues on Other Revenues of Resource Exporters in Latin America and the Caribbean," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4045, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Kasselaki, Maria Th. & Tagkalakis, Athanasios O., 2016. "Fiscal policy and private investment in Greece," International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 53-106.
- Tagkalakis, Athanasios O., 2013.
"Audits and tax offenders: Recent evidence from Greece,"
Elsevier, vol. 118(3), pages 519-522.
- Athanasios O. Tagkalakis, 2013. "Audits and tax offenders: recent evidence from Greece," Working Papers 152, Bank of Greece.
- Athanasios O. Tagkalakis, 2014. "Is there any evidence of VAT related buoyancy effects in Greece?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(3), pages 1762-1775.
- Salar, Laleena & Zaman, Khalid & Khilji, Bashir Ahmad & Khan, Muhammad Mushtaq & Lodhi, Mohammad Saeed, 2013. "The consequences of revenue gap in Pakistan: Unveiling the reality," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 281-294.
- Jean-François Brun & Maïmouna Diakite, 2016.
"Tax Potential and Tax Effort: An Empirical Estimation for Non-resource Tax Revenue and VAT’s Revenue,"
- MAIMOUNA DIAKITE & Jean-François BRUN, 2016. "Tax Potential and Tax Effort: An Empirical Estimation for Non-Resource Tax Revenue and VAT’s Revenue," EcoMod2016 9537, EcoMod.
- Jean-François BRUN & Maïmouna DIAKITE, 2016. "Tax Potential and Tax Effort: An Empirical Estimation for Non-resource Tax Revenue and VAT’s Revenue," Working Papers 201610, CERDI.
- Athanasios O. Tagkalakis, 2013.
"Assessing the variability of indirect tax elasticity in Greece,"
AccessEcon, vol. 33(3), pages 2098-2109.
- Athanasios O. Tagkalakis, 2014. "Assessing the variability of indirect tax elasticity in Greece," Working Papers 171, Bank of Greece.
- International Monetary Fund, 2011. "Republic of Lithuania; Selected Issues Paper," IMF Staff Country Reports 11/327, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic models; Business cycles; Economic forecasting; Fiscal policy; Tax revenues; Value added tax; tax revenue forecasting; business cycle; tax revenue efficiency; C-efficiency; VAT elasticity; vat; tax revenue; tax evasion; tax base; tax burden;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2010-05-02 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2010-05-02 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:10/71. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .