Competition and Firm Productivity; Evidence from Firm-Level Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Panzar, John C & Rosse, James N, 1987. "Testing for "Monopoly" Equilibrium," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 443-456, June.
- Vesala, Jukka, 1995. "Testing for competition in banking : Behavioral evidence from Finland," Scientific Monographs, Bank of Finland, number 1995_001, November.
- Roberto Alvarez & Andrés Zahler, 2014. "Export Mix Changes and Firm Performance: Evidence from Chile," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6514, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Semih Yildirim & George C. Philippatos, 2003. "Competition And Contestability In Central And Eastern European Banking Markets," Finance 0310004, EconWPA.
- Gelos, R. G. & Roldos, Jorge, 2004.
"Consolidation and market structure in emerging market banking systems,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 39-59, March.
- R. G Gelos & Jorge Roldos, 2002. "Consolidation and Market Structure in Emerging Market Banking Systems," IMF Working Papers 02/186, International Monetary Fund.
- Claessens, Stijn & Laeven, Luc, 2004.
"What Drives Bank Competition? Some International Evidence,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 563-583, June.
- Stijn Claessens & Luc Laeven, 2004. "What drives bank competition? Some international evidence," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 563-592.
- Claessens, Stijn & Laeven, Luc, 2003. "What drives bank competition? some international evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3113, The World Bank.
- Kaushik Bhattacharya, 2003. "How good is the BankScope database? A cross-validation exercise with correction factors for market concentration measures," BIS Working Papers 133, Bank for International Settlements.
- Molyneux, Phil & Lloyd-Williams, D. M. & Thornton, John, 1994. "Competitive conditions in european banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 445-459, May.
- Hempell, Hannah S., 2002. "Testing for Competition Among German Banks," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2002,04, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Nicola Cetorelli, 1999. "Competitive analysis in banking: appraisal of the methodologies," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q I, pages 2-15.
- Hondroyiannis, George & Lolos, Sarantis & Papapetrou, Evangelia, 1999. "Assessing competitive conditions in the Greek banking system," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 377-391, November.
- Paolo Coccorese, 2002. "Competition Among Dominant Firms in Concentrated Markets: Evidence from the Italian Banking Industry," CSEF Working Papers 89, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1989. "Empirical studies of industries with market power," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 17, pages 1011-1057 Elsevier.
- S. Baranzoni & P. Bianchi & L. Lambertini, 2000. "Multiproduct Firms, Product Differentiation, and Market Structure," Working Papers 368, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Xavier Vives, 2001. "Competition in the Changing World of Banking," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(4), pages 535-547.
- J.A. Bikker & J.M. Groeneveld, 1998. "Competition and Concentration in the EU Banking Industry," Research Series Supervision (discontinued) 8, Netherlands Central Bank, Directorate Supervision.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sánchez-Valadez, Manuel, 2012. "Decisiones financieras, competencia en el mercado y desempeño de las empresas: Evidencia empírica para Iberoamérica/Financial Decisions, Market Competition and Firm Performance: Empirical Evidence for," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 30, pages 359(36)-359, Abril.
- Klaus S. Friesenbichler & Michael Böheim & Daphne Channa Laster, 2014. "Market Competition in Transition Economies: A Literature Review," WIFO Working Papers 477, WIFO.
- Gnidchenko, Andrey, 2011.
"Моделирование Технологических И Институциональных Эффектов В Макроэкономическом Прогнозировании
[Technological and Institutional Effects Modeling in Macroeconomic Forecasting]," MPRA Paper 35484, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2011.
- repec:wsi:medjxx:v:03:y:2011:i:02:n:s1793812011000399 is not listed on IDEAS
- Juan Jung & Enrique López-Bazo & Matteo Grazzi, 2017.
"Internet and enterprise productivity: evidence from Latin America,"
IREA Working Papers
201709, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised May 2017.
- Juan Jung & Enrique López-Bazo & Matteo Grazzi, 2017. "“Internet and enterprise productivity:evidence from Latin America”," AQR Working Papers 201705, University of Barcelona, Regional Quantitative Analysis Group, revised May 2017.
- Francesco Daveri & Rémy Lecat & Maria Laura Parisi, 2016.
"Service Deregulation, Competition, and the Performance of French and Italian Firms,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 63(3), pages 278-302, July.
- Daveri, F. & Lecat, R. & Parisi , M L., 2011. "Service deregulation, competition and the performance of French and Italian firms," Working papers 346, Banque de France.
- Francesco Daveri & Rèmy Lecat & Maria Laura Parisi, 2013. "Service deregulation, competition and the performance of French and Italian firms," Working Papers 3, Department of the Treasury, Ministry of the Economy and of Finance.
- Richard Harris & John Moffat, 2011.
"Plant-level Determinants of Total Factor Productivity in Great Britain, 1997-2006,"
SERC Discussion Papers
0064, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Harris, Richard & Moffat, John, 2011. "Plant-level determinants of total factor productivity in Great Britain, 1997-2006," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 33561, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Izak Atiyas, 2011. "Firm Level Data in The ERF Region: Research Questions, Data Requirements and Possibilities," Working Papers 589, Economic Research Forum, revised 06 Jan 2011.
- Tibor Lalinsky, 2013. "Firm competitiveness determinants: results of a panel data analysis," Working and Discussion Papers WP 4/2013, Research Department, National Bank of Slovakia.
- repec:eee:rujoec:v:1:y:2015:i:1:p:30-54 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCompetition; Productivity; regulation; entry costs; survey; correlation; instrumental variables; heteroscedasticity; Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development; Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity: General;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-03-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2010-03-28 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2010-03-28 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-EFF-2010-03-28 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:10/67. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.