Current Account Balance Estimates for Emerging Market Economies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Philip R. Lane & Gian Maria Milesi-Ferretti, 2004.
"The Transfer Problem Revisited: Net Foreign Assets and Real Exchange Rates,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 86(4), pages 841-857, November.
- Gian M Milesi-Ferretti & Philip R. Lane, 2000. "The Transfer Problem Revisited; Net Foreign Assets and Real Exchange Rates," IMF Working Papers 00/123, International Monetary Fund.
- Philip R. Lane & Gian Maria Milesi-Ferretti, 2000. "The Transfer Problem Revisited: Net Foreign Assets and Real Exchange Rates," Working Papers 062000, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Lane, Philip R. & Milesi-Ferretti, Gian Maria, 2000. "The Transfer Problem Revisited: Net Foreign Assets and Real Exchange Rates," CEPR Discussion Papers 2511, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anwar Nasution, 2007. "Global Savings-Investment Imbalances: What Role for East Asia?," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 6(2), pages 1-13, Spring/Su.
- Irineu E de Carvalho Filho & Rudolfs Bems, 2009. "Exchange Rate Assessments; Methodologies for Oil Exporting Countries," IMF Working Papers 09/281, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:bla:ajecsc:v:53:y:1994:i:1:p:15-15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jaewoo Lee & Jonathan David Ostry & Alessandro Prati & Luca A Ricci & Gian M Milesi-Ferretti, 2008. "Exchange Rate Assessments; CGER Methodologies," IMF Occasional Papers 261, International Monetary Fund.
- Jungjin Lee & Abdul d Abiad & Prakash Kannan, 2009. "Evaluating Historical CGER Assessments; How Well Have They Predicted Subsequent Exchange Rate Movements?," IMF Working Papers 09/32, International Monetary Fund.
- Ehsan U. Choudhri & Mohsin S. Khan, 2005.
"Real Exchange Rates in Developing Countries: Are Balassa-Samuelson Effects Present?,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 52(3), pages 1-2.
- Mohsin S. Khan & Ehsan U. Choudhri, 2004. "Real Exchange Rates In Developing Countries; Are Balassa-Samuelson Effects Present?," IMF Working Papers 04/188, International Monetary Fund.
- Jesmin Rahman, 2008. "Current Account Developments in New Member States of the European Union; Equilibrium, Excess, and EU-Phoria," IMF Working Papers 08/92, International Monetary Fund.
- Russell Smyth, 2007. "Asia'S Booming Economies A Decade After The Crisis," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 26(3), pages 193-195, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mariarosaria Comunale, 2016. "A Closer Look at EU Current Accounts," CEIS Research Paper 393, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 11 Aug 2016.
- Mariarosaria Comunale, 2017.
"A panel VAR analysis of macro-financial imbalances in the EU,"
Bank of Lithuania Working Paper Series
40, Bank of Lithuania.
- Comunale, Mariarosaria, 2017. "A panel VAR analysis of macro-financial imbalances in the EU," Working Paper Series 2026, European Central Bank.
- Calista Cheung & Davide Furceri & Elena Rusticelli, 2013.
"Structural and Cyclical Factors behind Current Account Balances,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(5), pages 923-944, November.
- Calista Cheung & Davide Furceri & Elena Rusticelli, 2010. "Structural and Cyclical Factors behind Current-Account Balances," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 775, OECD Publishing.
- repec:bof:bofitp:urn:nbn:fi:bof-201510131420 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mariarosaria Comunale, 2015.
"Current Account and Reer Misalignments in Central Eastern EU Countries: an Update Using the Macroeconomic Balance Approach,"
Bank of Lithuania Working Paper Series
20, Bank of Lithuania.
- Comunale, Mariarosaria, 2015. "Current account and REER misalignments in Central Eastern EU countries: an update using the macroeconomic balance approach," BOFIT Discussion Papers 28/2015, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- António Afonso & Florence Huart & João Tovar Jalles & Piotr Stanek, 2018. "Twin Deficits Revisited: a role for fiscal institutions?," Working Papers REM 2018/31, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, REM, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Yıldız AKKAYA & Refet S. GÜRKAYNAK, 2012. "Cari açık, bütçe dengesi, finansal istikrar ve para politikası: Heyecanlı bir dönemin izi," Iktisat Isletme ve Finans, Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 27(315), pages 93-119.
- Ghassan, Hassan B. & Al-Jefri, Essam H., 2016.
"الحساب الجاري للاقتصاد السعودي عبر نموذج داخلي الزمن دلائل من منهجية نموذج التقهقر الذاتي البنيوي
[The Current Account of Saudi Economy through Intertemporal Model: Evidence from SVAR]," MPRA Paper 80302, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2017.
- Milan Nedeljkovic & Branko Uroševic & Emir Zildžovic, 2012. "Jackknife Model Averaging of the Current Account Determinants," Working papers 23, National Bank of Serbia.
- Paul Cashin & Samya Beidas-Strom, 2011. "Are Middle Eastern Current Account Imbalances Excessive?," IMF Working Papers 11/195, International Monetary Fund.
- Danica Unevska Andonova & Branimir Jovanovic, 2011. "Sustainability of the Macedonian Current Account," Working Papers 2011-06, National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia.
- Yin-Wong Cheung, 2012. "Exchange Rate Misalignment - The Case of the Chinese Renminbi," CESifo Working Paper Series 3797, CESifo Group Munich.
- Comunale, Mariarosaria, 2018.
"Current account and real effective exchange rate misalignments in Central Eastern EU countries: An update using the macroeconomic balance approach,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 414-436.
- Mariarosaria Comunale, 2015. "Current Account and Real Effective Exchange Rate Misalignments in Central Eastern EU Countries: an Update Using the Macroeconomic Balance Approach," CEIS Research Paper 360, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 13 Nov 2015.
- The SEACEN Centre, 2013. "Finding Asia’s New Sustainable Growth Model Post GFC: The Role of the Central Banks (Proceedings of High-Level Conference)," Research Studies, South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre, number rp91, April.
- Bernd Schnatz, 2011. "Global Imbalances And The Pretence Of Knowing Fundamental Equilibrium Exchange Rates," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(5), pages 604-615, December.
- Harald Badinger & Aurélien Fichet de Clairfontaine & Wolf Heinrich Reuter, 2017.
"Fiscal Rules and Twin Deficits: The Link between Fiscal and External Balances,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 21-35, January.
- Badinger, Harald & Fichet de Clairfontaine, Aurélien & Reuter, Wolf Heinrich, 2015. "Fiscal Rules and Twin Deficits: The Link between Fiscal and External Balances," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 4579, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Harald Badinger & Aurélien Fichet de Clairfontaine & Wolf Heinrich Reuter, 2015. "Fiscal Rules and Twin Deficits: The Link between Fiscal and External Balances," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp196, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Teresa Sastre & Francesca Viani, 2014. "Countries’ safety and competitiveness, and the estimation of current account misalignments," Working Papers 1401, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Hakan KARA & Çağrı SARIKAYA, 2013.
"Türkiye’de Konjonktürel Etkilerden Arındırılmış Cari İşlemler Dengesi,"
Iktisat Isletme ve Finans,
Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 28(332), pages 09-32.
- Hakan Kara & Cagri Sarikaya, 2013. "Turkiye’de Konjonkturel Etkilerden Arindirilmis Cari Islemler Dengesi," Working Papers 1340, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Enrique Moral-Benito & Francesca Viani, 2017.
"An anatomy of the spanish current account adjustment: the role of permanent and transitory factors,"
1737, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Moral-Benito, Enrique & Viani, Francesca, 2017. "An anatomy of the Spanish current account adjustment: the role of permanent and transitory factors," MPRA Paper 80079, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsCross country analysis; Emerging markets; Economic models; Foreign exchange; Real effective exchange rates; Real exchange rate; macro-balance approach; current account norm; current account; current account balance; current account balances; current account deficits; International Finance Forecasting and Simulation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-03-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-IFN-2010-03-28 (International Finance)
- NEP-OPM-2010-03-28 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:10/43. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.