Are House Prices Rising Too Fast in China?
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wu, Jing & Gyourko, Joseph & Deng, Yongheng, 2016.
"Evaluating the risk of Chinese housing markets: What we know and what we need to know,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 91-114.
- Jing Wu & Joseph Gyourko & Yongheng Deng, 2015. "Evaluating the Risk of Chinese Housing Markets: What We Know and What We Need to Know," NBER Working Papers 21346, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yu-Fu Chen & Michael Funke & Aaron Mehrotra, 2017.
"What Drives Urban Consumption in Mainland China? The Role of Property Price Dynamics,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 383-409, August.
- Yu-Fu Chen & Michael Funke & Aaron Mehrotra, 2011. "What Drives Urban Consumption In Mainland China? The Role Of Property Price Dynamics," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 255, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Yu-Fu Chen & Michael Funke & Aaron Mehrotra, 2011. "What Drives Urban Consumption in Mainland China? The Role of Property Price Dynamics," Working Papers 152011, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Chen, Yu-Fu & Funke, Michael & Mehrotra, Aaron, 2011. "What drives urban consumption in mainland China? : The role of property price dynamics," BOFIT Discussion Papers 13/2011, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Chen, Yu-Fu & Funke, Michael & Mehrotra, Aaron, 2011. "What drives urban consumption in mainland china? The role of property price dynamics," SIRE Discussion Papers 2011-50, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Yiu, Matthew S. & Yu, Jun & Jin, Lu, 2013.
"Detecting bubbles in Hong Kong residential property market,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 115-124.
- Matthew S. Yiu & Jun Yu & Lu Jin, 2012. "Detecting Bubbles in Hong Kong Residential Property Market," Working Papers 31-2012, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Tie-Ying Liu & Hsu-Ling Chang & Chi-Wei Su & Xu-Zhao Jiang, 2016. "China's housing bubble burst?," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 24(2), pages 361-389, April.
- Michael, Bryane & Zhao, Simon, 2016. "Bubble Economics How Big a Shock to China’s Real Estate Sector Will Throw the Country into Recession, and Why Does It Matter?," EconStor Preprints 141314, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Zhang, Yanbing & Hua, Xiuping & Zhao, Liang, 2012. "Exploring determinants of housing prices: A case study of Chinese experience in 1999–2010," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2349-2361.
- Roland Döhrn & Philipp an de Meulen & Tobias Kitlinski & Torsten Schmidt & Simeon Vosen, 2011. "Die wirtschaftliche Entwicklung im Ausland zur Jahreswende 2010/2011 - Aufschwung setzt sich fort – Divergenzen bleiben groß," RWI Konjunkturbericht, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, pages 34, 03.
- Xi Chen & Michael Funke, 2013.
"Real-Time Warning Signs of Emerging and Collapsing Chinese House Price Bubbles,"
National Institute Economic Review,
National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 223(1), pages 39-48, February.
- Chen, Xi & Funke, Michael, 2012. "Real-time warning signs of emerging and collapsing Chinese house price bubbles," BOFIT Discussion Papers 27/2012, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Jing Wu & Yongheng Deng & Hongyu Liu, 2014. "House Price Index Construction in the Nascent Housing Market: The Case of China," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 522-545, April.
- Gauvin, Ludovic & Rebillard, Cyril, 2013.
"Towards Recoupling? Assessing the Impact of a Chinese Hard Landing on Commodity Exporters: Results from Conditional Forecast in a GVAR Model,"
65457, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ludovic Gauvin & Cyril Rebillard, 2015. "Towards Recoupling? Assessing the Global Impact of a Chinese Hard Landing through Trade and Commodity Price Channels," EconomiX Working Papers 2015-21, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- L. Gauvin & C. Rebillard, 2015. "Towards Recoupling? Assessing the Global Impact of a Chinese Hard Landing through Trade and Commodity Price Channels," Working papers 562, Banque de France.
- repec:eco:journ1:2017-04-18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ng, Eric C.Y., 2015. "Housing market dynamics in China: Findings from an estimated DSGE model," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 26-40.
- Döhrn, Roland & an de Meulen, Philipp & Kitlinski, Tobias & Schmidt, Torsten & Vosen, Simeon, 2011. "Die wirtschaftliche Entwicklung im Ausland: Aufschwung setzt sich fort - Divergenzen bleiben groß," RWI Konjunkturberichte, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, vol. 62(1), pages 5-37.
- M. Albert & C. Jude & C. Rebillard, 2015. "The Long Landing Scenario: Rebalancing from Overinvestment and Excessive Credit Growth. Implications for Potential Growth in China," Working papers 572, Banque de France.
- Yongheng Deng & Eric Girardin & Roselyne Joyeux, 2015. "Fundamentals and the Volatility of Real Estate Prices in China: A Sequential Modelling Strategy," Working Papers 222015, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- repec:eee:regeco:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Funke, Michael & Leiva-Leon, Danilo & Tsang, Andrew, 2017. "Mapping China’s time-varying house price landscape," BOFIT Discussion Papers 21/2017, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Iris Claus & Les Oxley & Jie Chen & Xuehui Han, 2014. "The Evolution Of The Housing Market And Its Socioeconomic Impacts In The Post-Reform People'S Republic Of China: A Survey Of The Literature," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(4), pages 652-670, September.
- Mylène Gaulard, 2014. "Les dangers de la bulle immobilière chinoise," Revue Tiers-Monde, Armand Colin, vol. 0(3), pages 77-96.
- Wen, Xing-Chun & He, Ling-Yun, 2015. "Housing demand or money supply? A new Keynesian dynamic stochastic general equilibrium model on China’s housing market fluctuations," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 432(C), pages 257-268.
- Bian, Timothy Yang & Gete, Pedro, 2015.
"What drives housing dynamics in China? A sign restrictions VAR approach,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 96-112.
- Bian, Timothy Yang & Gete, Pedro, 2014. "What drives housing dynamics in China? a sign restrictions VAR approach," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 193, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- repec:kap:jrefec:v:55:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11146-016-9586-8 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial stability; China; House price; price misalignment; leverage cycle; mortgage; real estate; land sales; mortgage loan; mortgage interest;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-01-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2011-01-03 (China)
- NEP-TRA-2011-01-03 (Transition Economics)
- NEP-URE-2011-01-03 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:10/274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .