The Euro’s Effecton Trade Imbalances
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Menzie D. Chinn & Shang-Jin Wei, 2008.
"A Faith-based Initiative: Does a Flexible Exchange Rate Regime Really Facilitate Current Account Adjustment?,"
NBER Working Papers
14420, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Menzie D. Chinn & Shang-Jin Wei, 2009. "A Faith-based Initiative: Does a Flexible Exchange Rate Regime Really Facilitate Current Account Adjustment?," Working Papers 122009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Chinn, Menzie David & Wei, Shang-Jin, 2008. "A Faith-based Initiative: Does a Flexible Exchange Rate Regime Really Facilitate Current Account Adjustment?," CEPR Discussion Papers 7076, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jonathan Eaton & Robert Dekle & Samuel Kortum, 2007. "Unbalanced Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(2), pages 351-355, May.
- Alberto Alesina & Silvia Ardagna & Giuseppe Nicoletti & Fabio Schiantarelli, 2005.
"Regulation And Investment,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 3(4), pages 791-825, June.
- Alberto Alesina & Silvia Ardagna & Giuseppe Nicoletti & Fabio Schiantarelli, 2002. "Regulation and Investment," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 549, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Nicoletti, Giuseppe & Ardagna, Silvia & Alesina, Alberto & Schiantarelli, Fabio, 2005. "Regulation and Investment," Scholarly Articles 2579825, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alberto Alesina & Silvia Ardagna & Giuseppe Nicoletti & Fabio Schiantarelli, 2003. "Regulation and Investment," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 352, OECD Publishing.
- Alesina, Alberto F & Ardagna, Silvia & Nicoletti, Giorgio & Schiantarelli, Fabio, 2003. "Regulation and Investment," CEPR Discussion Papers 3851, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alberto Alesina & Silvia Ardagna & Giuseppe Nicoletti & Fabio Schiantarelli, 2003. "Regulation and Investment," NBER Working Papers 9560, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jiandong Ju & Shang-Jin Wei, 2007.
"Current Account Adjustment: Some New Theory and Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
13388, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shang-Jin Wei & Jiandong Ju, 2008. "Current Account Adjustment: Some New Theory and Evidence," 2008 Meeting Papers 851, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Pietro Biroli & Gilles Mourre & Alessandro Turrini, 2010.
"Adjustment in the Euro Area and Regulation of Product and Labour Markets: An Empirical Assessment,"
European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015
428, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Biroli, Pietro & Mourre, Gilles & Turrini, Alessandro Antonio, 2010. "Adjustment in the Euro Area and Regulation of Product and Labour Markets: An Empirical Assessment," CEPR Discussion Papers 8010, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Holger Zemanek & Ansgar Belke & Gunther Schnabl, 2010.
"Current account balances and structural adjustment in the euro area,"
International Economics and Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 83-127, May.
- Zemanek, Holger & Belke, Ansgar & Schnabl, Gunther, 2010. "Current Account Balances and Structural Adjustment in the Euro Area," Ruhr Economic Papers 176, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Alan Ahearne & Jürgen von Hagen, 2005. "Global current account imbalances: how to manage the risk for Europe," Policy Briefs 231, Bruegel.
- Amelia Santos-Paulino & A. P. Thirlwall, 2004. "The impact of trade liberalisation on exports, imports and the balance of payments of developing countries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(493), pages 50-72, February.
- Olivier Blanchard, 2007.
"Current Account Deficits in Rich Countries,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 54(2), pages 191-219, June.
- Rose, Andrew K., 1990. "Exchange rates and the trade balance : Some evidence from developing countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 271-275, November.
- Michele Ca' Zorzi & Michał Rubaszek, 2012.
"On the Empirical Evidence of the Intertemporal Current Account Model for the Euro Area Countries,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 95-106, February.
- Ca' Zorzi, Michele & Rubaszek, Michał, 2008. "On the empirical evidence of the intertemporal current account model for the euro area countries," Working Paper Series 895, European Central Bank.
- Jörg Decressin & Emil Stavrev, 2009. "Current Accounts in a Currency Union," IMF Working Papers 09/127, International Monetary Fund.
- Giuseppe Nicoletti & Steve Golub & Dana Hajkova & Daniel Mirza & Kwang-Yeol Yoo, 2003. "Policies and International Integration: Influences on Trade and Foreign Direct Investment," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 359, OECD Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsCross country analysis; Bilateral trade; Balance of trade; Euro; Exchange rate regimes; Europe; Euro Area; Economic integration; Labor market policy; Time series; imbalances; trade balance; trade surplus; trade deficit; EMU; European integration; exchange rate; trade imbalances; exchange rates; real exchange rate; Trade and Labor Market Interactions; Financial Aspects of Economic Integration; International Policy Coordination and Transmission;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2010-10-30 (European Economics)
- NEP-OPM-2010-10-30 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:10/226. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.