Recent Credit Stagnation in the Mena Region; What to Expect? What Can Be Done?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Prakash Kannan, 2010. "Credit Conditions and Recoveries from Recessions Associated with Financial Crises," IMF Working Papers 10/83, International Monetary Fund.
- Adolfo Barajas & Roberto Steiner, 2002. "Credit Stagnation in Latin America," IMF Working Papers 02/53, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Herrera, Santiago & Hurlin, Christophe & Zaki, Chahir, 2013. "Why don't banks lend to Egypt's private sector?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 347-356.
- Vahram Stepanyan & Kai Guo, 2011. "Determinants of Bank Credit in Emerging Market Economies," IMF Working Papers 11/51, International Monetary Fund.
- Saadaoui Zied, 2015. "The Cyclical Behaviour of Bank Capital Buffers: An Empirical Evidence for MENA Banking Systems," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 11(2), pages 145-182, August.
- Liliana Rojas-Suarez and Carlos Montoro, 2012. "Credit at Times of Stress: Latin American Lessons from the Global Financial Crisis - Working Paper 289," Working Papers 289, Center for Global Development.
- Simon T Gray & Philippe D Karam & Rima Turk-Ariss, 2014. "Are Banks Really Lazy? Evidence from Middle East and North Africa," IMF Working Papers 14/86, International Monetary Fund.
- Selim Elekdag & Yiqun Wu, 2013. "Rapid Credit Growth in Emerging Markets: Boon or Boom-Bust?," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(5), pages 45-62, September.
- Carlos Montoro & Liliana Rojas-Suarez, 2012. "Credit at times of stress: Latin American lessons from the global financial crisis," BIS Working Papers 370, Bank for International Settlements.
- Corinne C Delechat & Camila Henao Arbelaez & Priscilla S Muthoora & Svetlana Vtyurina, 2012. "The Determinants of Banks' Liquidity Buffers in Central America," IMF Working Papers 12/301, International Monetary Fund.
- Selim Elekdag & Yiqun Wu, 2011. "Rapid Credit Growth; Boon or Boom-Bust?," IMF Working Papers 11/241, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsBanking sector; Bank credit; Economic growth; Cross country analysis; Credit expansion; North Africa; Monetary policy; Middle East; Credit boom; deposit; banks balance sheet; credit booms; banking; pre-crisis; bank lending;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2010-10-16 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-BAN-2010-10-16 (Banking)
- NEP-CWA-2010-10-16 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-FDG-2010-10-16 (Financial Development & Growth)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:10/219. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .