The (Sizable) Role of Rehypothecation in the Shadow Banking System
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary B. Gorton, 2010. "Questions and Answers about the Financial Crisis," NBER Working Papers 15787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tobias Adrian & Michael J. Fleming, 2005. "What financing data reveal about dealer leverage," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 11(Mar).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andolfatto, David & Martin, Fernando M. & Zhang, Shengxing, 2017. "Rehypothecation and liquidity," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 488-505.
- Gorton, Gary & Metrick, Andrew, 2012.
"Securitized banking and the run on repo,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 425-451.
- Gary B. Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," NBER Working Papers 15223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2358, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2009.
- Hansjörg HERR, 2016. "After the Financial Crisis: Reforms and Reform Options for Finance, Regulation and Institutional Structure," Journal of Economics Bibliography, KSP Journals, vol. 3(2), pages 172-202, June.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Ashok Vir Bhatia, 2012. "Leverage? What Leverage? A Deep Dive into the U.S. Flow of Funds in Search of Clues to the Global Crisis," IMF Working Papers 12/162, International Monetary Fund.
- William R. White, 2014. "The Prudential Regulation of Financial Institutions: Why Regulatory Responses to the Crisis Might Not Prove Sufficient," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1108, OECD Publishing.
- Sidanius, Che & Zikes, Filip, 2012. "Financial Stability Paper No 18: OTC derivatives reform and collateral demand impact," Bank of England Financial Stability Papers 18, Bank of England.
- Donaldson, Jason & Micheler, Eva, 2016. "Resaleable debt and systemic risk," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 66042, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Orestes Collazo Brañanova, 2013. "Shadow banking in Spain," IFC Bulletins chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Proceedings of the Sixth IFC Conference on "Statistical issues and activities in a changing environment", Basel, 28-29 August 2012., volume 36, pages 89-98 Bank for International Settlements.
- Kempf, Elisabeth & Manconi, Alberto & Massa, Massimo, 2017. "Canary in a Coalmine: Securities Lending Predicting the Performance of Securitized Bonds," CEPR Discussion Papers 11993, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ebrahim, M. Shahid & Jaafar, Aziz & Omar, Fatma A. & Salleh, Murizah Osman, 2016. "Can Islamic injunctions indemnify the structural flaws of securitized debt?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 271-286.
- Michael Grill & Karl Schmedders & Felix Kubler & Johannes Brumm, 2017.
"Re-use of Collateral: Leverage, Volatility, and Welfare,"
2017 Meeting Papers
697, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Johannes Brumm & Michael Grill & Felix Kubler & Karl Schmedders, 2017. "Re-Use of Collateral: Leverage, Volatility, and Welfare," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 17-04, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Lucas Marc Fuhrer & Basil Guggenheim & Silvio Schumacher, 2016. "Re‐Use of Collateral in the Repo Market," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 48(6), pages 1169-1193, September.
- Gianfranco Battisti, 2014. "SHADOW BANKING - A Geographical Interpretation," ERSA conference papers ersa14p642, European Regional Science Association.
- Arvind Krishnamurthy & Stefan Nagel & Dmitry Orlov, 2014. "Sizing Up Repo," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 69(6), pages 2381-2417, December.
- Ghosh, Swati & Gonzalez del Mazo, Ines & İnci Ötker-Robe, 2012. "Chasing the Shadows: How Significant Is Shadow Banking in Emerging Markets?," World Bank - Economic Premise, The World Bank, issue 88, pages 1-7, September.
- Swati Ghosh & Ines Gonzalez del Mazo & ?nci Ötker-Robe, 2012. "Chasing the Shadows : How Significant is Shadow Banking in Emerging Markets?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 17088, The World Bank.
- Dive, Matthew & Hodge, Ronan & Jones, Catrin & Purchase, James, 2011. "Developments in the global securities lending market," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 51(3), pages 224-233.
- Mark J. Flannery & Paul Glasserman & David K.A. Mordecai & Cliff Rossi, 2012. "Forging Best Practices in Risk Management," Working Papers 12-02, Office of Financial Research, US Department of the Treasury.
- Sakurai, Yuji & Uchida, Yoshihiko, 2014. "Rehypothecation dilemma: Impact of collateral rehypothecation on derivative prices under bilateral counterparty credit risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 361-373.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational financial markets; Rehypothecation; FSA; Velocity or Churning of Collateral; Counterparty Risk; collateral; hedge; hedge funds; hedge fund; Financial Institutions and Services: Government Policy and Regulation; International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions; Corporation and Securities Law; General Financial Markets: Government Policy and Regulation;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:10/172. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .