Can You Map Global Financial Stability?
The Global Financial Stability Map was developed as a tool to interpret the risks and conditions that impact financial stability in a graphical manner. It complements other existing tools for assessing financial stability, and seeks to overcome some of the drawbacks of earlier approaches. This paper provides the motivation for the tool, a detailed discussion of its construction, including the choice of risk factors and conditions, a description of the underlying indicators, and a discussion on how the final assessment is determined. When applied to past events of financial instability, the Global Financial Stability Map performs reasonably well in signaling risks to stability, as well as in characterizing the depth of crisis episodes.
|Date of creation:||01 Jun 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA|
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/pubs/ord_info.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jan Willem van den End, 2006. "Indicator and boundaries of financial stability," DNB Working Papers 097, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Kenneth A. Froot & Paul G. J. O'Connell, 2003. "The Risk Tolerance of International Investors," NBER Working Papers 10157, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark Illing & Ying Liu, 2003. "An Index of Financial Stress for Canada," Staff Working Papers 03-14, Bank of Canada.
- International Monetary Fund, 2004. "Toward a Framework for Safeguarding Financial Stability," IMF Working Papers 04/101, International Monetary Fund.
- O. Aspachs & C. Goodhart & M. Segoviano & D. Tsomocos & L. Zicchino, 2006.
"Searching for a Metric for Financial Stability,"
OFRC Working Papers Series
2006fe09, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Lea Zicchino & Dimitrios Tsomocos & Miguel Segoviano & Charles Goodhart & Oriol Aspachs Bracon, 2006. "Searching for a Metric for Financial Stability," FMG Special Papers sp167, Financial Markets Group.
- Martin Cihak, 2006. "How Do Central Banks Writeon Financial Stability?," IMF Working Papers 06/163, International Monetary Fund. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)