Can You Map Global Financial Stability?
The Global Financial Stability Map was developed as a tool to interpret the risks and conditions that impact financial stability in a graphical manner. It complements other existing tools for assessing financial stability, and seeks to overcome some of the drawbacks of earlier approaches. This paper provides the motivation for the tool, a detailed discussion of its construction, including the choice of risk factors and conditions, a description of the underlying indicators, and a discussion on how the final assessment is determined. When applied to past events of financial instability, the Global Financial Stability Map performs reasonably well in signaling risks to stability, as well as in characterizing the depth of crisis episodes.
|Date of creation:||01 Jun 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/pubs/ord_info.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jan Willem van den End, 2006. "Indicator and boundaries of financial stability," DNB Working Papers 097, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- International Monetary Fund, 2004. "Toward a Framework for Safeguarding Financial Stability," IMF Working Papers 04/101, International Monetary Fund.
- Dimitrios P Tsomocos & O. Aspachs & C. Goodhart & M. Segoviano & L. Zicchino, 2006.
"Searching for a Metric for Financial Stability,"
Economics Series Working Papers
2006-FE-09, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Lea Zicchino & Dimitrios Tsomocos & Miguel Segoviano & Charles Goodhart & Oriol Aspachs Bracon, 2006. "Searching for a Metric for Financial Stability," FMG Special Papers sp167, Financial Markets Group.
- O. Aspachs & C. Goodhart & M. Segoviano & D. Tsomocos & L. Zicchino, 2006. "Searching for a Metric for Financial Stability," OFRC Working Papers Series 2006fe09, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Mark Illing & Ying Liu, 2003. "An Index of Financial Stress for Canada," Working Papers 03-14, Bank of Canada.
- Kenneth A. Froot & Paul G. J. O'Connell, 2003. "The Risk Tolerance of International Investors," NBER Working Papers 10157, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin CihÃ¡k, 2006. "How Do Central Banks Writeon Financial Stability?," IMF Working Papers 06/163, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:10/145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow)or (Hassan Zaidi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.