The Challenge of Reforming Budgetary Institutions in Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Douglass C. North & John Joseph Wallis & Barry R. Weingast, 2006. "A Conceptual Framework for Interpreting Recorded Human History," NBER Working Papers 12795, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Allen, 2008. "Reforming Fiscal Institutions: The Elusive Art of the Budget Advisor," OECD Journal on Budgeting, OECD Publishing, vol. 8(3), pages 1-9.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- World Bank Group & New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade & Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade & Overseas Development Institute, 2016. "Strengthening Public Financial Management Reform in Pacific Island Countries," World Bank Other Operational Studies 25070, The World Bank.
- repec:eee:accfor:v:37:y:2013:i:3:p:213-230 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Knack, 2014.
"Building or Bypassing Recipient Country Systems: Are Donors Defying the Paris Declaration?,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(6), pages 839-854, June.
- Knack, Stephen, 2013. "Building or bypassing recipient country systems : are donors defying the Paris declaration ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6423, The World Bank.
- Lledó, Victor & Poplawski-Ribeiro, Marcos, 2013.
"Fiscal Policy Implementation in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 79-91.
- Victor Duarte Lledo & Marcos Poplawski Ribeiro, 2011. "Fiscal Policy Implementation in Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 11/172, International Monetary Fund.
- Peterson, Stephen Bovard, 2010. "Reforming Public Financial Management in Africa," Scholarly Articles 4669673, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- repec:eee:crpeac:v:41:y:2016:i:c:p:34-62 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peterson, Stephen, 2011. "Reforming Public Financial Management in Africa," Working Paper Series rwp10-048, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Abbas Al-Mejren, 2015. "Impacts of Fiscal Legal Setting and Institutions on Budget Outcomes in the Rentire State of Kuwait," Working Papers 920, Economic Research Forum, revised Jun 2015.
- Carter Patrick, 2013. "Does Foreign Aid Displace Domestic Taxation?," Journal of Globalization and Development, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-47, August.
- Knack, Stephen, 2013. "Aid and donor trust in recipient country systems," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 316-329.
- Patalinghug, Epictetus E., 2017. "Assessment of Planning and Programming for Capital Projects at the National and Agency Levels," Discussion Papers DP 2017-37, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Sophia Gollwitzer & Eteri Kvintradze & Tej Prakash & Luis-Felipe Zanna & Era Dabla-Norris & Richard I Allen & Irene Yackovlev & Victor Duarte Lledo, 2010. "Budget Institutions and Fiscal Performance in Low-Income Countries," IMF Working Papers 10/80, International Monetary Fund.
- Séne, Ligane & Fall, El Hadji, 2013.
"Bilan et défis des reformes harmonisées de programmation budgétaire en Afrique : cas du CDMT, Quid de l’expérience du Sénégal ?
[Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) in Africa : A Senegal Case ," MPRA Paper 58841, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsDeveloping countries; Budgetary reforms; Budgets; Public financial management; Public finance; World Bank; PEFA; budget; institutions; platform approach; reform; donors; Paris Declaration; Accra Agenda for Action; budgetary institutions; financial management; budget process; performance budgeting;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:09/96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hassan Zaidi to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.