The Challenge of Reforming Budgetary Institutions in Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Douglass C. North & John Joseph Wallis & Barry R. Weingast, 2006. "A Conceptual Framework for Interpreting Recorded Human History," NBER Working Papers 12795, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Allen, 2008. "Reforming Fiscal Institutions: The Elusive Art of the Budget Advisor," OECD Journal on Budgeting, OECD Publishing, vol. 8(3), pages 1-9.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- World Bank Group & New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade & Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade & Overseas Development Institute, 2016. "Strengthening Public Financial Management Reform in Pacific Island Countries," World Bank Other Operational Studies 25070, The World Bank.
- Lledó, Victor & Poplawski-Ribeiro, Marcos, 2013.
"Fiscal Policy Implementation in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 79-91.
- Victor Duarte Lledo & Marcos Poplawski-Ribeiro, 2011. "Fiscal Policy Implementation in Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 11/172, International Monetary Fund.
- Peterson, Stephen Bovard, 2010. "Reforming Public Financial Management in Africa," Scholarly Articles 4669673, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Peterson, Stephen, 2011. "Reforming Public Financial Management in Africa," Working Paper Series rwp10-048, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Abbas Al-Mejren, 2015. "Impacts of Fiscal Legal Setting and Institutions on Budget Outcomes in the Rentire State of Kuwait," Working Papers 920, Economic Research Forum, revised Jun 2015.
- Carter Patrick, 2013. "Does Foreign Aid Displace Domestic Taxation?," Journal of Globalization and Development, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-47, August.
- Knack, Stephen, 2013. "Aid and donor trust in recipient country systems," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 316-329.
- Patalinghug, Epictetus E., 2017. "Assessment of Planning and Programming for Capital Projects at the National and Agency Levels," Discussion Papers DP 2017-37, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Sophia Gollwitzer & Eteri Kvintradze & Tej Prakash & Luis-Felipe Zanna & Era Dabla-Norris & Richard I Allen & Irene Yackovlev & Victor Duarte Lledo, 2010. "Budget Institutions and Fiscal Performance in Low-Income Countries," IMF Working Papers 10/80, International Monetary Fund.
- Séne, Ligane & Fall, El Hadji, 2013.
"Bilan et défis des reformes harmonisées de programmation budgétaire en Afrique : cas du CDMT, Quid de l’expérience du Sénégal ?
[Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) in Africa : A Senegal Case ," MPRA Paper 58841, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsDeveloping countries; Budgetary reforms; Budgets; Public financial management; Public finance; World Bank; PEFA; budget; institutions; platform approach; reform; donors; Paris Declaration; Accra Agenda for Action; budgetary institutions; financial management; budget process; performance budgeting;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:09/96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .