The Size of Government and U.S.-European Differences in Economic Performance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard Disney, 2004. "Are contributions to public pension programmes a tax on employment?," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 19(39), pages 267-311, July.
- Hall, Robert E, 1997.
"Macroeconomic Fluctuations and the Allocation of Time,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(1), pages 223-250, January.
- Robert E. Hall, 1997. "Macroeconomic Fluctuations and the Allocation of Time," NBER Working Papers 5933, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kennan, John, 1988. "An Econometric Analysis of Fluctuations in Aggregate Labor Supply and Demand," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(2), pages 317-333, March.
- Lei Fang & Richard Rogerson, 2011.
"Product Market Regulation and Market Work: A Benchmark Analysis,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 163-188, April.
- Lei Fang & Richard Rogerson, 2007. "Product Market Regulation and Market Work: A Benchmark Analysis," NBER Working Papers 12891, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lei Fang & Richard Rogerson, 2009. "Product market regulation and market work: a benchmark analysis," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2009-07, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Casey B. Mulligan, 1998. "Pecuniary Incentives to Work in the United States during World War II," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(5), pages 1033-1077, October.
More about this item
KeywordsCross country analysis; Europe; Economic models; Government expenditures; National income; Public finance; Public sector; United States; Macroeconomics; labor supply; labor market; unemployment; employment; labor market policies;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-05-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2009-05-23 (European Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2009-05-23 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:09/92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.