Determinants of Inflation in GCC
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- O. Liu & Olumuyiwa S Adedeji, 2000. "Determinants of Inflation in the Islamic Republic of Iran; A Macroeconomic Analysis," IMF Working Papers 00/127, International Monetary Fund.
- Mame Astou Diouf, 2007. "Modeling Inflation for Mali," IMF Working Papers 07/295, International Monetary Fund.
- David T. Coe & C. John McDermott, 1997. "Does the Gap Model Work in Asia?," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 44(1), pages 59-80, March.
- Hofmann, Boris, 2006. "Do monetary indicators (still) predict euro area inflation?," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2006,18, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Jonathan David Ostry & Anne Marie Gulde & Atish R. Ghosh & Holger C. Wolf, 1995.
"Does the Nominal Exchange Rate Regime Matter?,"
IMF Working Papers
95/121, International Monetary Fund.
- Atish R. Ghosh & Anne-Marie Gulde & Jonathan D. Ostry & Holger C. Wolf, 1997. "Does The Nominal Exchange Rate Regime Matter?," Working Papers 97-09, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Atish R. Ghosh & Anne-Marie Gulde & Jonathan D. Ostry & Holger C. Wolf, 1997. "Does the Nominal Exchange Rate Regime Matter?," NBER Working Papers 5874, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bonato Leo, 2008.
"Money and Inflation in the Islamic Republic of Iran,"
Review of Middle East Economics and Finance,
De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 41-58, January.
- Leo Bonato, 2007. "Money and Inflation in the Islamic Republic of Iran," IMF Working Papers 07/119, International Monetary Fund.
- Hesham Alogeel & Maher Hasan, 2008. "Understanding the Inflationary Process in the GCC Region; The Case of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait," IMF Working Papers 08/193, International Monetary Fund.
- Marta Campillo & Jeffrey A. Miron, 1997. "Why Does Inflation Differ across Countries?," NBER Chapters,in: Reducing Inflation: Motivation and Strategy, pages 335-362 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kandil, Magda & Mirzaie, Aghdas, 2002. "Exchange rate fluctuations and disaggregated economic activity in the US: theory and evidence," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 1-31, February.
- Altissimo, Filippo & Benigno, Pierpaolo & Rodriguez Palenzuela, Diego, 2005.
"Long-Run Determinants of Inflation Differentials in a Monetary Union,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5149, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Filippo Altissimo & Pierpaolo Benigno & Diego Rodriguez Palenzuela, 2005. "Long-Run Determinants of Inflation Differentials in a Monetary Union," NBER Working Papers 11473, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Romer, 1993.
"Openness and Inflation: Theory and Evidence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 108(4), pages 869-903.
- Calista Cheung, 2009. "Are Commodity Prices Useful Leading Indicators of Inflation?," Discussion Papers 09-5, Bank of Canada.
- Claudio E. V. Borio & Andrew Filardo, 2007. "Globalisation and inflation: New cross-country evidence on the global determinants of domestic inflation," BIS Working Papers 227, Bank for International Settlements.
- Mangal Goswami & Oya Celasun, 2002. "An Analysis of Money Demand and Inflation in the Islamic Republic of Iran," IMF Working Papers 02/205, International Monetary Fund.
- Muhammad Aslam Chaudhry & Munir A. S. Choudhary, 2006. "Why the State Bank of Pakistan should not Adopt Inflation Targeting," SBP Research Bulletin, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department, vol. 2, pages 195-209.
- Juselius, Katarina, 1992. "Domestic and foreign effects on prices in an open economy: The case of Denmark," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 401-428, August.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic models; Exchange rate depreciation; Exchange rate pass-through; External shocks; Currency pegs; Cross country analysis; Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf; Domestic liquidity; Inflation; Monetary policy; domestic policies; inflationary pressures; price inflation; money supply; monetary growth;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-05-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2009-05-23 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2009-05-23 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2009-05-23 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:09/82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .