Financial Stability Frameworks and the Role of Central Banks; Lessons From the Crisis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mishkin, F S., 2008. "How should we respond to asset price bubbles?," Financial Stability Review, Banque de France, issue 12, pages 65-74, October.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 2001. "Should Central Banks Respond to Movements in Asset Prices?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 253-257, May.
- Acharya, Viral V. & Yorulmazer, Tanju, 2007.
"Too many to fail--An analysis of time-inconsistency in bank closure policies,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 1-31, January.
- Acharya, Viral V & Yorulmazer, Tanju, 2004. "Too Many to Fail - An Analysis of Time Inconsistency in Bank Closure Policies," CEPR Discussion Papers 4778, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Viral Acharya & Tanju Yorulmazer, 2007. "Too many to fail - an analysis of time-inconsistency in bank closure policies," Bank of England working papers 319, Bank of England.
- Anna Schwartz, 2003. "Asset price inflation and monetary policy," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 31(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Clive Briault, 2002. "Revisiting the Rationale for a Single National Financial Services Regulator," FMG Special Papers sp135, Financial Markets Group.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2006. "Money in a Theory of Banking," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(1), pages 30-53, March.
- Claudio Borio & Ilhyock Shim, 2007. "What can (macro-)prudential policy do to support monetary policy?," BIS Working Papers 242, Bank for International Settlements.
- Michael D. Bordo & Olivier Jeanne, 2002.
"Boom-Busts in Asset Prices, Economic Instability, and Monetary Policy,"
NBER Working Papers
8966, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bordo, Michael D & Jeanne, Olivier, 2002. "Boom-Busts in Asset Prices, Economic Instability and Monetary Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 3398, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Douglas W. Diamond, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414.
- Nier, Erlend & Baumann, Ursel, 2006. "Market discipline, disclosure and moral hazard in banking," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 332-361, July.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1989. "Agency Costs, Net Worth, and Business Fluctuations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 14-31, March.
- Claudio E. V. Borio & Philip Lowe, 2004. "Securing sustainable price stability: should credit come back from the wilderness?," BIS Working Papers 157, Bank for International Settlements.
- Shin, Hyun Song & Adrian, Tobias, 2008.
"Financial intermediaries, financial stability and monetary policy,"
Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole,
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 287-334.
- Tobias Adrian & Hyun Song Shin, 2008. "Financial intermediaries, financial stability, and monetary policy," Staff Reports 346, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Nier, Erlend & Yang, Jing & Yorulmazer, Tanju & Alentorn, Amadeo, 2007. "Network models and financial stability," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 2033-2060, June.
- Ratnovski, Lev, 2009. "Bank liquidity regulation and the lender of last resort," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 541-558, October.
- Claudio Borio & William R. White, 2003.
"Whither monetary and financial stability : the implications of evolving policy regimes,"
Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole,
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 131-211.
- William R. White & Claudio E. V. Borio, 2004. "Whither monetary and financial stability? the implications of evolving policy regimes," BIS Working Papers 147, Bank for International Settlements.
- Luis Ignacio Jácome, 2008. "Central Bank Involvement in Banking Crises in Latin America," IMF Working Papers 08/135, International Monetary Fund.
- Lea Zicchino & Erlend Nier, 2008. "Bank Losses, Monetary Policy and Financial Stability—Evidence on the Interplay from Panel Data," IMF Working Papers 08/232, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Masciandaro, Donato & Volpicella, Alessio, 2016. "Macro prudential governance and central banks: Facts and drivers," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 101-119.
- Eva Zamrazilová, 2011.
"Měnová politika: staré lekce, nové výzvy
[Monetary Policy: Old Lessons and New Challenges]," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2011(1), pages 3-21.
- Malgorzata Olszak, 2012. "Macroprudential policy - aim, instruments and institutional architecture (Polityka ostroznosciowa w ujêciu makro - cel, instrumenty i architektura instytucjonalna)," Problemy Zarzadzania, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 10(39), pages 7-32.
- Chen-Min Hsu & Chih-Feng Liao, 2010. "Financial Turmoil in the Banking Sector and the Asian Lamfalussy Process: The Case of Four Economies," Working Papers id:3121, eSocialSciences.
- Qiang Ji & Bing-Yue Liu & Juncal Cunado & Rangan Gupta, 2017. "Risk Spillover between the US and the Remaining G7 Stock Markets Using Time-Varying Copulas with Markov Switching: Evidence from Over a Century of Data," Working Papers 201759, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Siregar, Reza Yamora & Lim & C.S. Vincent, 2010.
"The Role of Central Banks in Sustaining Economic Recovery and in Achieving Financial Stability,"
South East Asian Central Banks (SEACEN) Research and Training Centre, number sp74, April.
- Siregar, Reza Yamora & Lim, CS Vincent, 2010. "The Role of Central Banks in Sustaining Economic Recovery and in Achieving Financial Stability," MPRA Paper 20846, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ukb:journl:y:2016:i:236:p:19-29 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nasha Ananchotikul & Chayawadee Chai-anant & Krist Dacharux & Manop Udomkerdmongkol, 2009. "Thailand’s Medium-term Macroeconomic Policies: Major Challenges and Appropriate Responses," Working Papers 2009-05, Monetary Policy Group, Bank of Thailand.
- International Monetary Fund, 2009. "United States; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 09/229, International Monetary Fund.
- Moshirian, Fariborz, 2011. "The global financial crisis and the evolution of markets, institutions and regulation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 502-511, March.
- Gábor Gyura & Anikó Szombati, 2009. "Systemic risk in focus – New directions of financial supervision at home and abroad," MNB Bulletin (discontinued), Magyar Nemzeti Bank (Central Bank of Hungary), vol. 4(4), pages 6-12, December.
- Erlend Nier & Luis Ignacio Jácome & Jacek Osinski & Pamela Madrid, 2011. "Towards Effective Macroprudential Policy Frameworks; An Assessment of Stylized Institutional Models," IMF Working Papers 11/250, International Monetary Fund.
- Buklemishev, O. & Danilov, Yu., 2013. "Effective Financial Regulation and Creation of the Mega-Regulator in Russia," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 19(3), pages 82-98.
- EDOARDO GAFFEO & Lucio Gobbi & Massimo Molinari, 2018. "Bilateral netting and systemic liquidity shortages in banking networks," DEM Working Papers 2018/06, Department of Economics and Management.
- Donato Masciandaro & Davide Romelli, 2018. "Beyond the Central Bank Independence Veil: New Evidence," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1871, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Masciandaro Donato, 2012. "Back to the Future?," European Company and Financial Law Review, De Gruyter, vol. 9(2), pages 112-130, July.
- Gjorgji Gockov & Trenovski Borce, 2013. "The Role Of Macroprudential Measures In Terms Of Global Economic Crises Â€“ The Case Of The Republic Of Macedonia," Journal Articles, Center For Economic Analyses, pages 37-49, December.
- Dalla Pellegrina, L. & Masciandaro, D. & Pansini, R.V., 2013. "The central banker as prudential supervisor: Does independence matter?," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 415-427.
- Tristan Nguyen, 2011. "A macro-prudential perspective of financial regulation," Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 19(3), pages 289-297, July.
- Aviral Kumar Tiwari & Juncal Cunado & Rangan Gupta & Mark E. Wohar, 2017. "Volatility Spillovers across Global Asset Classes: Evidence from Time and Frequency Domains," Working Papers 201780, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- repec:nzb:nzbbul:dec2017:11 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBank regulations; Bank resolution; Bank supervision; Credit risk; Crisis resolution; Central banks; Financial crisis; Financial sector; Financial stability; Financial systems; Risk management; Monetary policy; Systemic risk; Prudential Regulation; central bank; financial regulation; financial markets;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-05-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2009-05-02 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2009-05-02 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2009-05-02 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-REG-2009-05-02 (Regulation)
- NEP-RMG-2009-05-02 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:09/70. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.