The Italian Labor Market; Recent Trends, Institutions, and Reform Options
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Conway & Véronique Janod & Giuseppe Nicoletti, 2005. "Product Market Regulation in OECD Countries: 1998 to 2003," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 419, OECD Publishing.
- Amable, Bruno & Demmou, Lilas & Gatti, Donatella, 2007. "Employment Performance and Institutions: New Answers to an Old Question," IZA Discussion Papers 2731, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marcello Estevão, 2007. "Labor Policies to Raise Employment," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 54(1), pages 113-138, May.
- Annabelle Mourougane & Lukas Vogel, 2009.
"Speed of Adjustment to Selected Labour Market and Tax Reforms,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 51(4), pages 500-519, December.
- Annabelle Mourougane & Lukas Vogel, 2008. "Speed of Adjustment to Selected Labour Market and Tax Reforms," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 647, OECD Publishing.
- Olivier Blanchard & Francesco Giavazzi, 2003.
"Macroeconomic Effects of Regulation and Deregulation in Goods and Labor Markets,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 118(3), pages 879-907.
- Olivier Blanchard & Francesco Giavazzi, "undated". "Macroeconomic effects of regulation and deregulation in goods and labor markets," Working Papers 187, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Olivier Blanchard & Francesco Giavazzi, 2001. "Macroeconomic Effects of Regulation and Deregulation in Goods and Labor Markets," NBER Working Papers 8120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchard, Olivier J & Giavazzi, Francesco, 2001. "Macroeconomic Effects of Regulation and Deregulation in Goods and Labour Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 2713, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rachel Griffith & Rupert Harrison & Gareth Macartney, 2007.
"Product Market Reforms, Labour Market Institutions and Unemployment,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(519), pages 142-166, March.
- Griffith, Rachel & Harrison, Rupert & Macartney, Gareth, 2006. "Product Market Reforms, Labour Market Institutions and Unemployment," CEPR Discussion Papers 5599, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rachel Griffith & Rupert Harrison & Gareth Macartney, 2006. "Product market reforms, labour market institutions and unemployment," IFS Working Papers W06/06, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Edward C. Prescott, 2004.
"Why do Americans work so much more than Europeans?,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Jul, pages 2-13.
- Edward C. Prescott, 2003. "Why do Americans work so much more than Europeans?," Staff Report 321, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Edward C. Prescott, 2004. "Why do Americans Work so Much More than Europeans?," NBER Working Papers 10316, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward C. Prescott, 2004. "Why Do Americans Work So Much More Than Europeans?," Levine's Bibliography 122247000000000413, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Helge Berger & Stephan Danninger, 2007.
"The Employment Effects of Labor and Product Market Deregulation and Their Implications for Structural Reform,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 54(3), pages 591-619, July.
- Berger, Helge & Danninger, Stephan, 2006. "The employment effects of labor and product markets deregulations and their implications for structural reform," Discussion Papers 2006/10, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Helge Berger & Stephan Danninger, 2006. "The Employment Effects of Labor and Product Markets Deregulation and their Implications for Structural Reform," CESifo Working Paper Series 1709, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lars Ljungqvist & Thomas J. Sargent, 1998.
"The European Unemployment Dilemma,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(3), pages 514-550, June.
- Lars Ljungqvist & Thomas J. Sargent, 1995. "The European unemployment dilemma," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 95-17, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Lars Ljungqvist & Thomas J. Sargent, 1996. "The European Unemployment Dilemma," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 36, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Ljungqvist, Lars & Sargent, Thomas J., 1997. "The European Unemployment Dilemma," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 178, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Ljungqvist, Lars & Sargent, Thomas J., 1997. "The European Unemployment Dilemma," Working Paper Series 481, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- de Neubourg, Chris & Castonguay, Julie & Roelen, Keetie, 2007. "Social safety nets and targeted social assistance : lessons from the European experience," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 41529, The World Bank.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Shimer, Robert, 2000.
"Productivity gains from unemployment insurance,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 1195-1224, June.
- Daron Acemoglu & Robert Shimer, 1999. "Productivity Gains from Unemployment Insurance," NBER Working Papers 7352, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daron Acemoglu & Robert Shimer, 1999. "Productivity Gains from Unemployment Insurance," Working papers 99-29, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Giuseppe Fiori & Giuseppe Nicoletti & Stefano Scarpetta & Fabio Schiantarelli, 2007.
"Employment Outcomes and the Interaction Between Product and Labor Market Deregulation: Are They Substitutes or Complements?,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
663, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 08 Aug 2008.
- Fiori, Giuseppe & Nicoletti, Giuseppe & Scarpetta, Stefano & Schiantarelli, Fabio, 2007. "Employment Outcomes and the Interaction Between Product and Labor Market Deregulation: Are They Substitutes or Complements?," IZA Discussion Papers 2770, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Rogerson, Richard & Schindler, Martin, 2002. "The welfare costs of worker displacement," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(6), pages 1213-1234, September.
- Jespersen, Svend T. & Munch, Jakob R. & Skipper, Lars, 2008. "Costs and benefits of Danish active labour market programmes," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 859-884, October.
- Anthony M Annett, 2007. "Lessons from Successful Labor Market Reformers in Europe," IMF Policy Discussion Papers 07/1, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maurizio Baussola & Chiara Mussida, 2014. "Transitions in the Labour Market: Discouragement Effect and Individual Characteristics," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 28(2), pages 209-232, June.
- Niall O’Higgins, 2011. "Italy: Limited Policy Responses and Industrial Relations in Flux, Leading to Aggravated Inequalities," Chapters,in: Work Inequalities in the Crisis, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Matthew Melchiorre & Emilio Rocca, 2013. "The Unintended Consequences of Italy's Labour Laws: How Extensive Labour Regulation Distorts the Italian Economy," Economic Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 156-173, June.
- Fabio Clementi & Michele Giammatteo, 2012. "The labour market and the distribution of income: an empirical analysis for Italy," Working Papers 42-2012, Macerata University, Department of Studies on Economic Development (DiSSE), revised Jul 2014.
- Casadio, Paolo & Paradiso, Antonio & Rao, B. Bhaskara, 2012. "Estimates of the steady state growth rates for some European countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1119-1125.
- Maurizio Baussola & Chiara Mussida, 2011. "The natural rate of unemployment and the unemployment gender gap," DISCE - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali dises1180, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Michele Battisti, 2016.
"Individual Wage Growth: The Role of Industry Experience,"
Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(1), pages 40-70, January.
- Michele Battisti, 2013. "Individual Wage Growth: The Role of Industry Experience," ifo Working Paper Series 152, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Chiara Mussida & Matteo Picchio, 2014.
"The trend over time of the gender wage gap in Italy,"
Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 1081-1110, May.
- Mussida, Chiara & Picchio, Matteo, 2011. "The Trend over Time of the Gender Wage Gap in Italy," IZA Discussion Papers 5932, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Chiara MUSSIDA & Matteo PICCHIO, 2011. "The Trend over Time of the Gender Wage Gap in Italy," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2011031, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Mussida, C. & Picchio, M., 2011. "The Trend over Time of the GenderWage Gap in Italy," Discussion Paper 2011-093, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Carlo Di Giorgio & Massimo Giannini, 2012. "A comparison of the Beveridge curve dynamics in Italy and USA," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 945-983, December.
- Abiodun O. Folawewo, 2016. "Institutions, regulatory framework and labour market outcomes in Nigeria," Journal of Social and Economic Development, Springer;Institute for Social and Economic Change, vol. 18(1), pages 67-84, October.
- Roberto Leombruni & Michele Mosca, 2011. "The lifetime gender gap in Italy. Do the pension system countervails labour market outcomes?," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 113, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Tealdi, Cristina, 2011. "Typical and atypical employment contracts: the case of Italy," MPRA Paper 39456, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rauf Gönenç & Łukasz Rawdanowicz, 2010. "Regulatory Reforms to Unlock Long–Term Growth in Turkey," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 821, OECD Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic models; Fiscal policy; Cross country analysis; Italy; Labor markets; Labor market reforms; Labor productivity; Product markets; Wages; regulations; matching model; labor market; employment; unemployment; labor market outcomes;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-05-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2009-05-02 (European Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2009-05-02 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:09/47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.