Fiscal Stimulus to the Rescue? Short-Run Benefits and Potential Long-Run Costs of Fiscal Deficits
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stähler, Nikolai & Thomas, Carlos, 2012.
"FiMod — A DSGE model for fiscal policy simulations,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 239-261.
- Nikolai Stähler & Carlos Thomas, 2011. "FiMod - a DSGE model for fiscal policy simulations," Working Papers 1110, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Stähler, Nikolai & Thomas, Carlos, 2011. "FiMod - a DSGE model for fiscal policy simulations," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2011,06, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Thomas Laubach, 2011.
"Fiscal Policy and Interest Rates: The Role of Sovereign Default Risk,"
NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(1), pages 7-30.
- Thomas Laubach, 2010. "Fiscal Policy and Interest Rates: The Role of Sovereign Default Risk," NBER Chapters,in: NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics 2010, pages 7-29 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aliya Algozhina, 2012.
"Monetary and Fiscal Policy Interactions in an Emerging Open Economy: A Non-Ricardian DSGE Approach,"
CERGE-EI Working Papers
wp476, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Aliya Algozhina, 2012. "Monetary and Fiscal Policy Interactions in an Emerging Open Economy: a Non-Ricardian DSGE Approach," FIW Working Paper series 094, FIW, revised Dec 2012.
- Nikolai Stähler, 2013.
"Recent Developments In Quantitative Models Of Sovereign Default,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(4), pages 605-633, September.
- Stähler, Nikolai, 2011. "Recent developments in quantitative models of sovereign default," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2011,17, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Gerhard Reitschuler & Rupert Sendlhofer, 2011. "Fiscal policy, trigger points and interest rates: Additional evidence from the U.S," Working Papers 2011-23, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Bernadette Biatour & Chantal Kegels & Jan van der Linden & Dirk Verwerft, 2017. "Working Paper 01-17 - Public Investment in Belgium - Current State and Economic Impact," Working Papers 1701, Federal Planning Bureau, Belgium.
- Philip Arestis, 2012. "Fiscal policy: a strong macroeconomic role," Review of Keynesian Economics, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 1(0), pages 93-108.
- Yongheng Deng & Randall Morck & Jing Wu & Bernard Yeung, 2011.
"Monetary and Fiscal Stimuli, Ownership Structure, and China's Housing Market,"
NBER Working Papers
16871, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deng, Yongheng & Morck, Randall & Wu, Jing & Yeung, Bernard, 2011. "Monetary and Fiscal Stimuli, Ownership Structure, and China's Housing Market," Ratio Working Papers 173, The Ratio Institute.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 2011.
"Should central banks raise their inflation targets? Some relevant issues,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue 2Q, pages 111-131.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 2011. "Should Central Banks Raise their Inflation Targets? Some Relevant Issues," NBER Working Papers 17005, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Karlis Vilerts & Olegs Tkacevs, 2016. "The Impact of Sovereign Bond Yields on Fiscal Discipline," Working Papers 2016/05, Latvijas Banka.
- Ricardo Félix & Gabriela Castro & José Maria & Paulo Júlio, 2013.
"Fiscal Multipliers in a Small Euro Area Economy: How Big Can They Get in Crisis Times?,"
- Gabriela Castro & Ricardo M. Felix & Paulo Julio & Jose R. Maria, 2014. "Fiscal multipliers in a small euro area economy: How big can they get in crisis times?," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2014_07, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Gabriela Lopes de Castro & Ricardo Mourinho Félix & Paulo Júlio & José R. Maria, 2013. "Fiscal multipliers in a small euro area economy: How big can they get in crisis times?," Working Papers w201311, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Vanda Almeida & Gabriela Lopes de Castro & Ricardo Mourinho Félix & José R. Maria, 2010. "Fiscal Stimulus in a Small Euro Area Economy," Working Papers w201016, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Pusch, Toralf & Rannenberg, Ansgar, 2011. "Fiscal Spending Multiplier Calculations based on Input-Output Tables – with an Application to EU Members," IWH Discussion Papers 1/2011, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- International Monetary Fund, 2010. "Iceland; Selected Issues Paper," IMF Staff Country Reports 10/304, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael Kumhof & Huixin Bi, 2009. "Jointly Optimal Monetary and Fiscal Policy Rules under Borrowing Constraints," IMF Working Papers 09/286, International Monetary Fund.
- Sebastian Dullien, 2012. "Is new always better than old? On the treatment of fiscal policy in Keynesian models," Review of Keynesian Economics, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 1(0), pages 5-23.
- Pietro Cova & Massimiliano Pisani & Alessandro Rebucci, 2010.
"Macroeconomic Effects of China’s Fiscal Stimulus,"
Research Department Publications
4689, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Pietro Cova & Massimiliano Pisani & Alessandro Rebucci, 2010. "Macroeconomic Effects of China's Fiscal Stimulus," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6874, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Laura Jaramillo & Alexandre Chailloux, 2015. "It’s Not All Fiscal; Effects of Income, Fiscal Policy, and Wealth on Private Consumption," IMF Working Papers 15/112, International Monetary Fund.
- Koch, Daniel, 2011. "Wirksame Begrenzung von Staatsverschuldung auf europäischer Ebene," Discussion Paper Series 114, Julius Maximilian University of Würzburg, Chair of Economic Order and Social Policy.
More about this item
KeywordsBudget deficits; Economic models; Financial crisis; External shocks; Financial sector; Global Financial Crisis 2008-2009; Government expenditures; Productivity; Public debt; Fiscal Stimulus; Crowding-Out; Non-Ricardian Households; Government Deficits; Government Debt; Macro-Financial Linkages; inflation; fiscal policy; monetary policy; real interest rates;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:09/255. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.