Credit Derivatives; Systemic Risks and Policy Options?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Darrell Duffie, 2009. "Policy Issues Facing the Market for Credit Derivatives," Book Chapters, in: John D. Ciorciari & John Taylor (ed.),The Road Ahead for the Fed, chapter 8, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- Bliss, Robert R. & Kaufman, George G., 2006. "Derivatives and systemic risk: Netting, collateral, and closeout," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 55-70, April.
- Jean Helwege & Samuel Maurer & Asani Sarkar & Yuan Wang, 2009. "Credit default swap auctions," Staff Reports 372, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Robert R. Bliss & Robert Steigerwald, 2006. "Derivatives clearing and settlement: a comparison of central counterparties and alternative structures," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, vol. 30(Q IV), pages 22-29.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Augustin, Patrick & Subrahmanyam, Marti G. & Tang, Dragon Yongjun & Wang, Sarah Qian, 2014. "Credit Default Swaps: A Survey," Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance, now publishers, vol. 9(1-2), pages 1-196, December.
- Long H. Vo, 2015. "Lessons From The 2008 Global Financial Crisis: Imprudent Risk Management And Miss Calculated Regulation," Journal of Management Sciences, Geist Science, Iqra University, Faculty of Business Administration, vol. 2(1), pages 205-222, March.
- Mayordomo, Sergio & Rodriguez-Moreno, Maria & Peña, Juan Ignacio, 2014.
"Derivatives holdings and systemic risk in the U.S. banking sector,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 84-104.
- MarÃa RodrÃguez-Moreno & Sergio Mayordomo & Juan Ignacio PeÃ±a, 2012. "Derivatives Holdings and Systemic Risk in the U.S. Banking Sector," Faculty Working Papers 21/12, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Edina Berlinger & Barbara Dömötör & Ferenc Illés & Kata Váradi, 2016. "Stress Indicator for Clearing Houses," Central European Business Review, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2016(4), pages 47-60.
- Berlinger, Edina & Váradi, Kata & Dömötör, Barbara & Illés, Ferenc, 2016. "A tőzsdei elszámolóházak vesztesége [The loss from central clearing houses]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(9), pages 993-1010.
- Lang, William W. & Jagtiani, Julapa, 2010. "The Mortgage Financial Crises: The Role of Credit Risk Management and Corporate Governance," Working Papers 10-12, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Gabriel A. Giménez-Roche, 2011. "Institutional Illusion and Financial Entrepreneurship in the European Debt Scheme," Chapters, in: David Howden (ed.),Institutions in Crisis, chapter 1, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Hutchison, Michael & Jinjarak, Yothin, 2013.
"What is the risk of European sovereign debt defaults? Fiscal space, CDS spreads and market pricing of risk,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 37-59.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Hutchison, Michael & Jinjarak, Yothin, 2011. "What is the Risk of European Sovereign Debt Defaults? Fiscal Space, CDS Spreads and Market Pricing of Risk," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt2914v9fh, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Joshua Aizenman & Michael M. Hutchison & Yothin Jinjarak, 2011. "What is the Risk of European Sovereign Debt Defaults? Fiscal Space, CDS Spreads and Market Pricing of Risk," NBER Working Papers 17407, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stan Cerulus, 2012. "Central clearing for credit default swaps: A legal analysis of the new central clearing regulations in Europe and the US," Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(2), pages 212-244, May.
- Helene Schuberth & Stephan Schulmeister, 2011. "Settlement Systems and Financial Transactions Taxes," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 42610, September.
- Berlinger, Edina & Dömötör, Barbara & Illés, Ferenc, 2019.
"Anti-cyclical versus risk-sensitive margin strategies in central clearing,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 117-131.
- Berlinger, Edina & Dömötör, Barbara & Illés, Ferenc, 2017. "Anti-cyclical versus Risk-sensitive Margin Strategies in Central Clearing," Corvinus Economics Working Papers (CEWP) 2017/03, Corvinus University of Budapest.
- Óscar Arce & Fco. Javier González Pueyo & Lucio Sanjuán, 2010. "The Credit Default Swaps market: areas of vulnerability and regulatory responses," CNMV Working Papers CNMV Working Papers no. 4, CNMV- Spanish Securities Markets Commission - Research and Statistics Department.
- William Lang & Julapa Jagtiani, 2010.
"The Mortgage and Financial Crises: The Role of Credit Risk Management and Corporate Governance,"
Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 38(3), pages 295-316, September.
- William Lang & Julapa Jagtiani, 2010. "The Mortgage and Financial Crises: The Role of Credit Risk Management and Corporate Governance," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 38(2), pages 123-144, June.
- Eva Jenkner & Zhongjin Lu, 2014. "Sub-National Credit Risk and Sovereign Bailouts; Who Pays the Premium?," IMF Working Papers 14/20, International Monetary Fund.
- Markose, Sheri & Giansante, Simone & Shaghaghi, Ali Rais, 2012. "‘Too interconnected to fail’ financial network of US CDS market: Topological fragility and systemic risk," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 627-646.
- Váradi, Kata & Ladoniczki, Sára Kata, 2018. "Elszámolóházak alapbiztosítéki követelményeinek számítási módszertana [Numerical methodology in the basic insurance requirements of clearing houses]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(7), pages 780-809.
- Neuner, Stefan & Schäfer, Klaus, 2011. "Zentrale Gegenparteien für den außerbörslichen Derivatehandel in der Praxis," Bayreuth Working Papers on Finance, Accounting and Taxation (FAcT-Papers) 2011-02, University of Bayreuth, Chair of Finance and Banking.
- Ivana Ruffini & Robert Steigerwald, 2014. "OTC Derivatives—A Primer on Market Infrastructure and Regulatory Policy," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q III, pages 80-99.
- Asia Aman, 2019. "Are CDS Spreads Sensitive to the Term Structure of the Yield Curve? A Sector-Wise Analysis under Various Market Conditions," Journal of Risk and Financial Management, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(4), pages 1-13, September.
- Stefan ARPING,, 2002. "Playing Hardball: Relationship Banking in the Age of Credit Derivatives," FAME Research Paper Series rp49, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Sorin Gabriel Anton, 2011. "The Local Determinants Of Emerging Market Sovereign Cds Spreads In The Context Of The Debt Crisis. An Explanatory Study "," Analele Stiintifice ale Universitatii "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" din Iasi - Stiinte Economice, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 58, pages 41-52, november.
- Yulia Titova & Henry Penikas & Nikita Gomayun, 2020. "The impact of hedging and trading derivatives on value, performance and risk of European banks," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 58(2), pages 535-565, February.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial derivatives; Financial instruments; Financial stability; Asset management; Credit risk; Fiscal policy; Securities markets; Securities regulations; Transparency; derivative; otc; credit derivatives; derivative markets; credit derivative;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-RMG-2009-11-27 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:09/254. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Hassan Zaidi to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.