The Stock of Intangible Capital in Canada; Evidence from the Aggregate Value of Securities
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nazim Belhocine, 2008. "The Stock of Intangible Capital in Canada: Evidence from the Aggregate Value of Securities," Working Papers 1216, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carol Corrado & Charles Hulten & Daniel Sichel, 2005.
"Measuring Capital and Technology: An Expanded Framework,"
NBER Chapters,in: Measuring Capital in the New Economy, pages 11-46
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carol Corrado & Charles R. Hulten & Daniel E. Sichel, 2004. "Measuring capital and technology: an expanded framework," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-65, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Boyan Jovanovic & Jeremy Greenwood, 1999. "The Information-Technology Revolution and the Stock Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 116-122, May.
- Matthew D. Shapiro, 1986.
"The Dynamic Demand for Capital and Labor,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 101(3), pages 513-542.
- Matthew D. Shapiro, 1984. "The Dynamic Demand for Capital and Labor," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 735, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Matthew D. Shapiro, 1986. "The Dynamic Demand for Capital and Labor," NBER Working Papers 1899, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charlotta Groth & Hashmat Khan, 2010.
"Investment Adjustment Costs: An Empirical Assessment,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(8), pages 1469-1494, December.
- Hashmat Khan & Charlotta Groth, 2007. "Investment Adjustment Costs: An Empirical Assessment," Carleton Economic Papers 07-08, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2010.
- Baldwin, John R. & Gellatly, Guy, 2006. "Innovation Capabilities: The Knowledge Capital Behind the Survival and Growth of Firms," The Canadian Economy in Transition 2006013e, Statistics Canada, Economic Analysis Division.
- Nazim Belhocine, 2008.
"Treating Intangible Inputs as Investment Goods: the Impact on Canadian GDP,"
1215, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Nazim Belhocine, 2009. "Treating Intangible Inputs as Investment Goods; The Impact on Canadian GDP," IMF Working Papers 09/240, International Monetary Fund.
- Caballero, Ricardo J., 1999. "Aggregate investment," Handbook of Macroeconomics,in: J. B. Taylor & M. Woodford (ed.), Handbook of Macroeconomics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 813-862 Elsevier.
- John Laitner & Dmitriy Stolyarov, 2003. "Technological Change and the Stock Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1240-1267, September.
- Bart Hobijn & Boyan Jovanovic, 2001.
"The Information-Technology Revolution and the Stock Market: Evidence,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1203-1220, December.
- Bart Hobijn & Boyan Jovanovic, 2000. "The Information Technology Revolution and the Stock Market: Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7684, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adams, James D, 1990. "Fundamental Stocks of Knowledge and Productivity Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(4), pages 673-702, August.
More about this item
KeywordsCorporate sector; Canada; Capital goods; Economic models; National income accounts; Intangible capital; Investment; Stock markets; Stock prices; q-Theory; Unrecorded Capital; capital stock; capital formation; capital accumulation; stock market; Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy;
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G31 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Capital Budgeting; Fixed Investment and Inventory Studies
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2009-11-27 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2009-11-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2009-11-27 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CFN-2009-11-27 (Corporate Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:09/250. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .