Today versus Tomorrow - The Sensitivity of the Non-Oil Current Account Balance to Permanent and Current Income
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pierfederico Asdrubali & Soyoung Kim, 2008.
"Incomplete Intertemporal Consumption Smoothing and Incomplete Risk Sharing,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 40(7), pages 1521-1531, October.
- Pierfederico Asdrubali & Soyoung Kim, 2005. "Incomplete Intertemporal Consumption Smoothing and Incomplete Risksharing," International Finance 0506010, EconWPA.
- Pierfederico Asdrubali & Soyoung Kim, 2007. "Incomplete Intertemporal Consumption Smoothing and Incomplete Risksharing," Discussion Paper Series 0725, Institute of Economic Research, Korea University.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Michael W. Klein, 1997. "A Provincial View of Economic Integration," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 44(4), pages 534-556, December.
- Alun H. Thomas & Jun I Kim & Aqib Aslam, 2008. "Equilibrium Non-Oil Current Account Assessments for Oil Producing Countries," IMF Working Papers 08/198, International Monetary Fund.
- Calderon Cesar Augusto & Chong Alberto & Loayza Norman V., 2002.
"Determinants of Current Account Deficits in Developing Countries,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-33, March.
- César Calderón & Alberto Chong & Norman Loayza, 1999. "Determinants of Current Account Deficits in Developing Countries," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 51, Central Bank of Chile.
- Calderon, Cesar & Chong, Alberto & Loayza, Norman, 2000. "Determinants of current account deficits in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2398, The World Bank.
- Blanchard, Olivier J, 1985. "Debt, Deficits, and Finite Horizons," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(2), pages 223-247, April.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Sgherri, Silvia, 2006.
"Mr Ricardo's Great Adventure: Estimating Fiscal Multipliers in a Truly Intertemporal Model,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5839, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Silvia Sgherri & Tamim Bayoumi, 2006. "Mr. Ricardo’s Great Adventure; Estimating Fiscal Multipliers in a Truly Intertemporal Model," IMF Working Papers 06/168, International Monetary Fund.
- Alonso A Segura Vasi, 2006. "Management of Oil Wealth Under the Permanent Income Hypothesis; The Case of São Tomé and Príncipe," IMF Working Papers 06/183, International Monetary Fund.
- Campbell, John Y & Mankiw, N Gregory, 1990.
"Permanent Income, Current Income, and Consumption,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 8(3), pages 265-279, July.
- John Y. Campbell & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1987. "Permanent Income, Current Income, and Consumption," NBER Working Papers 2436, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campbell, John Y. & Mankiw, N. Gregory, 1990. "Permanent Income, Current Income, and Consumption," Scholarly Articles 3353762, Harvard University Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cherif, Reda & Hasanov, Fuad, 2013.
"Oil Exporters’ Dilemma: How Much to Save and How Much to Invest,"
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 120-131.
- Reda Cherif & Fuad Hasanov, 2012. "Oil Exporters' Dilemma; How Much to Save and How Much to Invest," IMF Working Papers 12/4, International Monetary Fund.
- Araujo, Juliana D. & Li, Bin Grace & Poplawski-Ribeiro, Marcos & Zanna, Luis-Felipe, 2016.
"Current account norms in natural resource rich and capital scarce economies,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 144-156.
- Juliana Dutra Araujo & Grace B Li & Marcos Poplawski-Ribeiro & Luis-Felipe Zanna, 2013. "Current Account Norms in Natural Resource Rich and Capital Scarce Economies," IMF Working Papers 13/80, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic models; Africa; Consumption; Oil exporting countries; Oil prices; Oil revenues; Private sector; Public sector; Nonoil sector; National income; Permanent Income Model; non-oil current account; oil wealth; rate of return; current account; permanent income; current income; consumption decisions;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2009-11-27 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2009-11-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2009-11-27 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-ENE-2009-11-27 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:09/248. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .