Today versus Tomorrow - The Sensitivity of the Non-Oil Current Account Balance to Permanent and Current Income
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tamim Bayoumi & Michael W. Klein, 1997. "A Provincial View of Economic Integration," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 44(4), pages 534-556, December.
- Pierfederico Asdrubali & Soyoung Kim, 2008.
"Incomplete Intertemporal Consumption Smoothing and Incomplete Risk Sharing,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 40(7), pages 1521-1531, October.
- Pierfederico Asdrubali & Soyoung Kim, 2005. "Incomplete Intertemporal Consumption Smoothing and Incomplete Risksharing," International Finance 0506010, EconWPA.
- Pierfederico Asdrubali & Soyoung Kim, 2007. "Incomplete Intertemporal Consumption Smoothing and Incomplete Risksharing," Discussion Paper Series 0725, Institute of Economic Research, Korea University.
- Calderon Cesar Augusto & Chong Alberto & Loayza Norman V., 2002.
"Determinants of Current Account Deficits in Developing Countries,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-33, March.
- César Calderón & Alberto Chong & Norman Loayza, 1999. "Determinants of Current Account Deficits in Developing Countries," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 51, Central Bank of Chile.
- Calderon, Cesar & Chong, Alberto & Loayza, Norman, 2000. "Determinants of current account deficits in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2398, The World Bank.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Sgherri, Silvia, 2006.
"Mr Ricardo's Great Adventure: Estimating Fiscal Multipliers in a Truly Intertemporal Model,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5839, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Silvia Sgherri & Tamim Bayoumi, 2006. "Mr. Ricardo’s Great Adventure; Estimating Fiscal Multipliers in a Truly Intertemporal Model," IMF Working Papers 06/168, International Monetary Fund.
- Alonso A Segura Vasi, 2006. "Management of Oil Wealth Under the Permanent Income Hypothesis; The Case of São Tomé and Príncipe," IMF Working Papers 06/183, International Monetary Fund.
- Campbell, John Y & Mankiw, N Gregory, 1990.
"Permanent Income, Current Income, and Consumption,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 8(3), pages 265-279, July.
- John Y. Campbell & N. Gregory Mankiw, 1987. "Permanent Income, Current Income, and Consumption," NBER Working Papers 2436, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Campbell, John Y. & Mankiw, N. Gregory, 1990. "Permanent Income, Current Income, and Consumption," Scholarly Articles 3353762, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alun H. Thomas & Jun I Kim & Aqib Aslam, 2008. "Equilibrium Non-Oil Current Account Assessments for Oil Producing Countries," IMF Working Papers 08/198, International Monetary Fund.
- Blanchard, Olivier J, 1985. "Debt, Deficits, and Finite Horizons," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(2), pages 223-247, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cherif, Reda & Hasanov, Fuad, 2013.
"Oil Exporters’ Dilemma: How Much to Save and How Much to Invest,"
Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 120-131.
- Reda Cherif & Fuad Hasanov, 2012. "Oil Exporters' Dilemma; How Much to Save and How Much to Invest," IMF Working Papers 12/4, International Monetary Fund.
- Araujo, Juliana D. & Li, Bin Grace & Poplawski-Ribeiro, Marcos & Zanna, Luis-Felipe, 2016.
"Current account norms in natural resource rich and capital scarce economies,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 144-156.
- Juliana Dutra Araujo & Grace B Li & Marcos Poplawski-Ribeiro & Luis-Felipe Zanna, 2013. "Current Account Norms in Natural Resource Rich and Capital Scarce Economies," IMF Working Papers 13/80, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic models; Africa; Consumption; Oil exporting countries; Oil prices; Oil revenues; Private sector; Public sector; Nonoil sector; National income; Permanent Income Model; non-oil current account; oil wealth; rate of return; current account; permanent income; current income; consumption decisions;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2009-11-27 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2009-11-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2009-11-27 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-ENE-2009-11-27 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:09/248. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.