Oil Prices and Bank Profitability; Evidence From Major Oil-Exporting Countries in the Middle East and North Africa
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mostak Ahamed, M., 2017. "Asset quality, non-interest income, and bank profitability: Evidence from Indian banks," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 1-14.
- Alqahtani, Faisal & Mayes, David G. & Brown, Kym, 2017. "Reprint of Economic turmoil and Islamic banking: Evidence from the Gulf Cooperation Council," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 113-125.
- Mohamed El Hédi Arouri & Christophe Rault, 2010.
"Les effets des fluctuations du prix du pétrole sur les marchés boursiers dans les pays du Golfe,"
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 61(5), pages 945-959.
- Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Christophe Rault, 2010. "Les effets des fluctuations du prix du pétrole sur les marchés boursiers dans les pays du Golfe," Working Papers hal-00507825, HAL.
- Pohl, Birte, 2011.
"Spillover and Competition Effects: Evidence from the Sub-Saharan African Banking Sector,"
Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2011
66, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Birte Pohl, 2011. "Spillover and Competition Effects: Evidence from the sub-Saharan African Banking Sector," GIGA Working Paper Series 165, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Tahsin Saadi Sedik & Oral Williams, 2011. "Global and Regional Spillovers to GCC Equity Markets," IMF Working Papers 11/138, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:eco:journ2:2017-03-42 is not listed on IDEAS
- Naceur, Sami Ben & Omran, Mohammed, 2011. "The effects of bank regulations, competition, and financial reforms on banks' performance," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-20, March.
- Alqahtani, Faisal & Mayes, David G. & Brown, Kym, 2016. "Economic turmoil and Islamic banking: Evidence from the Gulf Cooperation Council," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 44-56.
- repec:eee:ememar:v:31:y:2017:i:c:p:193-208 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sufian, Fadzlan & Habibullah, Muzafar Shah, 2012. "Globalizations and bank performance in China," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 221-239.
- Ismail Tijjani Idris & Sabri Nayan, 2016. "The Joint Effects of Oil Price Volatility and Environmental Risks on Non-performing Loans: Evidence from Panel Data of Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 6(3), pages 522-528.
- Barkoulas, John T. & Chakraborty, Atreya & Ouandlous, Arav, 2012. "A metric and topological analysis of determinism in the crude oil spot market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 584-591.
More about this item
KeywordsExternal shocks; Banks; Commodity price fluctuations; Oil exporting countries; Oil exports; Oil prices; Oil sector; Profits; Profit margins; North Africa; Middle East; bank profitability; oil price shocks; system GMM; banking; exporting countries; bank performance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2009-10-31 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2009-10-31 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-BAN-2009-10-31 (Banking)
- NEP-CWA-2009-10-31 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-ENE-2009-10-31 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2009-10-31 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:09/220. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .