An Index Number Formula Problem; The Aggregation of Broadly Comparable items
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hong, Pilky & McAfee, R. Preston & Nayyar, Ashish, 2002. "Equilibrium Price Dispersion with Consumer Inventories," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 503-517, August.
- Mick Silver & Saeed Heravi, 2006. "Why Elementary Price Index Number Formulas Differ; Price Dispersion and Product Heterogeneity," IMF Working Papers 06/174, International Monetary Fund.
- Mick Silver, 2007. "Do Unit Value Export, Import, and Terms of Trade Indices Represent or Misrepresent Price Indices?," IMF Working Papers 07/121, International Monetary Fund.
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- Jerry Hausman & Ephraim Leibtag, 2009.
"CPI Bias from Supercenters: Does the BLS Know that Wal-Mart Exists?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Price Index Concepts and Measurement, pages 203-231
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jerry Hausman & Ephraim Leibtag, 2004. "CPI Bias from Supercenters: Does the BLS Know that Wal-Mart Exists?," NBER Working Papers 10712, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan T. Sorensen, 2000. "Equilibrium Price Dispersion in Retail Markets for Prescription Drugs," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(4), pages 833-862, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Diewert W.Erwin & Lippe Peter von der, 2010. "Notes on Unit Value Index Bias," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 230(6), pages 690-708, December.
- de Haan, Jan & Diewert, W. Erwin & Fox, Kevin J., 2015. "Weekly versus Monthly Unit Value Price Indexes," Economics working papers erwin_diewert-2015-15, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 20 Jul 2015.
- Lorraine Ivancic & Kevin J. Fox, 2013.
"Understanding Price Variation Across Stores and Supermarket Chains: Some Implications for CPI Aggregation Methods,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 59(4), pages 629-647, December.
- Lorraine Ivancic & Kevin J. Fox, 2010. "Understanding Price Variation Across Stores and Supermarket Chains: Some Implications for CPI Aggregation Methods," Discussion Papers 2010-17, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Mick Silver, 2010. "The Wrongs And Rights Of Unit Value Indices," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 56(s1), pages 206-223, June.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic models; Hedonic regression; Index numbers; Indexation; Price dispersion; Unit value index; Superlative index; Consumer price index; Producer Price Index; equation; statistics; correlation; political economy; number theory;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-03-28 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:09/19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .