How the Financial Crisis Affects Pensions and Insurance and Why the Impacts Matter
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Juan Yermo, 2007. "Reforming the Valuation and Funding of Pension Promises: Are Occupational Pension Plans Safer?," OECD Working Papers on Insurance and Private Pensions 13, OECD Publishing.
- Klaus Neusser & Maurice Kugler, 1998. "Manufacturing Growth And Financial Development: Evidence From Oecd Countries," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 638-646, November.
- Gregorio Impavido, 2008. "Efficiency and Performance of Bulgarian Private Pensions," IMF Working Papers 08/268, International Monetary Fund.
- Jeannine Bailliu & Helmut Reisen, 1998.
"Do funded pensions contribute to higher aggregate savings? A cross-country analysis,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 134(4), pages 692-711, December.
- Jeanine Bailliu & Helmut Reisen, 1997. "Do Funded Pensions Contribute to Higher Aggregate Savings?: A Cross-Country Analysis," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 130, OECD Publishing.
- Assar Lindbeck & Mats Persson, 2003.
"The Gains from Pension Reform,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 41(1), pages 74-112, March.
- Lindbeck, Assar & Persson, Mats, 2002. "The Gains from Pension Reform," Working Paper Series 580, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Lindbeck, Assar & Persson, Mats, 2002. "The Gains from Pension Reform," Seminar Papers 712, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Colin Pugh & Juan Yermo, 2008. "Funding Regulations and Risk Sharing," OECD Working Papers on Insurance and Private Pensions 17, OECD Publishing.
- Holzmann, Robert & Palacios, Robert & Zviniene, Asta, 2004. "Implicit pension debt: issues, measurement and scope in international perspective," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 30153, The World Bank.
- Impavido, Gregorio & Thorburn, Craig & Wadsworth, Mike, 2004. "A conceptual framework for retirement products : Risk sharing arrangements between providers and retirees," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3208, The World Bank.
- Fiona Stewart, 2007. "Benefit Security Pension Fund Guarantee Schemes," OECD Working Papers on Insurance and Private Pensions 5, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Berdin, Elia, 2016. "Interest rate risk, longevity risk and the solvency of life insurers," ICIR Working Paper Series 23/16, Goethe University Frankfurt, International Center for Insurance Regulation (ICIR).
- Berdin, Elia & Pancaro, Cosimo & Kok Sørensen, Christoffer, 2016.
"A stochastic forward-looking model to assess the profitability and solvency of European insurers,"
ICIR Working Paper Series
21/16, Goethe University Frankfurt, International Center for Insurance Regulation (ICIR).
- Berdin, Elia & Pancaro, Cosimo & Kok Sørensen, Christoffer, 2016. "A stochastic forward-looking model to assess the profitability and solvency of European insurers," SAFE Working Paper Series 137, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Kok, Christoffer & Pancaro, Cosimo & Berdin, Elia, 2017. "A stochastic forward-looking model to assess the profitability and solvency of European insurers," Working Paper Series 2028, European Central Bank.
- Edgardo Cayon & Susan Thorp, 2014.
"Financial Autarchy as Contagion Prevention: The Case of Colombian Pension Funds,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(03), pages 122-139, May.
- Edgardo Cayon & Susan Thorp, 2013. "Financial Autarchy as Contagion Prevention: The Case of Colombian Pension Funds," Research Paper Series 323, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:13:y:2015:i:2:p:19166297 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:finlet:v:22:y:2017:i:c:p:20-29 is not listed on IDEAS
- Düll, Robert & König, Felix & Ohls, Jana, 2015. "On the exposure of insurance companies to sovereign risk: Portfolio investments and market forces," Discussion Papers 34/2015, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Patty Duijm & Sophie Steins Bisschop, 2015. "Short-termism of long-term investors? The investment behaviour of Dutch insurance companies and pension funds," DNB Working Papers 489, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Teresa Bianchi & Gernot Ebner & Raimund Korherr & Eva Ubl, 2011. "The Austrian Insurance Industry in CESEE: Risks and Opportunities from a Financial Stability Point of View," Financial Stability Report, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 22, pages 88-106.
- Aaron George Grech, 2015. "The Financial Crisis and Differences in State Pension Generosity across EU Countries," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 13(2), pages 36-41, 08.
- Casper Christophersen & Juan Zschiesche, 2015. "Macroprudential Objectives and Instruments for Insurance – An Initial Discussion," EIOPA Financial Stability Report - Thematic Articles 5, EIOPA, Risks and Financial Stability Department.
- Michael G. Papaioannou & Joonkyu Park & Jukka Pihlman & Han van der Hoorn, 2013. "Procyclical Behavior of Institutional Investors During the Recent Financial Crisis; Causes, Impacts, and Challenges," IMF Working Papers 13/193, International Monetary Fund.
- Douglas, Graeme & Noss, Joseph & Vause, Nicholas, 2017. "The impact of Solvency II regulations on life insurers’ investment behaviour," Bank of England working papers 664, Bank of England.
- Jelena Kocovic & Tatjana Rakonjac Antic & Marija Jovovic, 2011. "The Impact of the Global Financial Crisis on the Structure of Investment Portfolios of Insurance Companies," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 56(191), pages 143-162, October-D.
- Grech, Aaron George, 2015. "Pension reforms in the 1990s and during the financial crisis: More of the same?," MPRA Paper 66894, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsCross country analysis; Asset prices; Asset management; External shocks; Financial crisis; Financial institutions; Financial risk; Insurance; Insurance supervision; Insurance regulations; Latin America; OECD; Pensions; Private investment; pension; insurance companies; pension plans; life insurance; pension funds;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-IAS-2009-10-10 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-RMG-2009-10-10 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:09/151. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .