Canadian Residential Mortgage Markets; Boring But Effective?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Keith P. Sharp, 1986. "Mortgage Rate Insurance in Canada," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 12(3), pages 432-437, September.
- Freedman, C., 1998. "The Canadian Banking System," Technical Reports 81, Bank of Canada.
- Harris, Richard & Ragonetti, Doris, 1998. "Where Credit is Due: Residential Mortgage Finance in Canada, 1901 to 1954," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 223-238, March.
- Paul S. Mills & John Kiff, 2007. "Money for Nothing and Checks for Free; Recent Developments in U.S. Subprime Mortgage Markets," IMF Working Papers 07/188, International Monetary Fund.
- Vladimir Klyuev, 2008. "Show Me the Money; Access to Finance for Small Borrowers in Canada," IMF Working Papers 08/22, International Monetary Fund.
- Karen M. Pence, 2006. "Foreclosing on Opportunity: State Laws and Mortgage Credit," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 88(1), pages 177-182, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rocco Huang & Lev Ratnovski, 2009. "Why Are Canadian Banks More Resilient?," IMF Working Papers 09/152, International Monetary Fund.
- Alan Walks, 2014. "Canada's Housing Bubble Story: Mortgage Securitization, the State, and the Global Financial Crisis," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(1), pages 256-284, January.
- James A. Brox, 2010. "Canadian Banks and the North American Housing Crisis," Chapters,in: The Financial and Economic Crises, chapter 3 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kronick, Jeremy, 2015. "Do Loan-to-Value Ratio Regulation Changes Affect Canadian Mortgage Credit?," MPRA Paper 73671, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Evridiki Tsounta, 2009. "Is the Canadian Housing Market Overvalued? A Post-crisis Assessment," IMF Working Papers 09/235, International Monetary Fund.
- Mario Fortin, 2015. "Why has the mortgage debt increased by so much in Canada?," Cahiers de recherche 15-03, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Poitras, Geoffrey & Zanotti, Giovanna, 2016. "Mortgage contract design and systemic risk immunization," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 320-331.
- Chan, Sewin & Haughwout, Andrew & Tracy, Joseph, 2015. "How Mortgage Finance Affects the Urban Landscape," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier.
- Ivo Krznar & James Morsink, 2014. "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility; Macroprudential Tools at Work in Canada," IMF Working Papers 14/83, International Monetary Fund.
- Ehsan U. Choudhri & Lawrence L. Schembri, 2013. "A Tale of Two Countries and Two Booms, Canada and the United States in the 1920s and the 2000s: The Roles of Monetary and Financial Stability Policies," Working Paper series 44_13, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- John Muellbauer & Pierre St-Amant & David Williams, 2015. "Credit Conditions and Consumption, House Prices and Debt: What Makes Canada Different?," Staff Working Papers 15-40, Bank of Canada.
- International Monetary Fund, 2011. "Germany; Technical Note on the Future of German Mortgage-Backed Covered Bond (PF and Brief) and Securitization Markets," IMF Staff Country Reports 11/369, International Monetary Fund.
- Evridiki Tsounta, 2011. "Home Sweet Home; Government's Role in Reaching the American Dream," IMF Working Papers 11/191, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsCross country analysis; Banking sector; Borrowing; Canada; Bank regulations; Financial systems; Housing; Loans; Interest rates; United States; mortgage; regulations; mortgages; bonds; residential mortgage; mortgage loans;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-REG-2009-10-10 (Regulation)
- NEP-URE-2009-10-10 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:09/130. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .