Current Accounts in a Currency Union
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yongsung Chang & Sun-Bin Kim & Jaewoo Lee, 2013.
"Accounting for Global Dispersion of Current Accounts,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 16(3), pages 477-496, July.
- Yongsung Chang & Sun-Bin Kim & Jaewoo Lee, 2009. "Accounting for Global Dispersion of Current Accounts," RCER Working Papers 548, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Yongsung Chang & Sun-Bin Kim & Jaewoo Lee, 2012. "Accounting for Global Dispersion of Current Accounts," Working papers 2012rwp-44, Yonsei University, Yonsei Economics Research Institute.
- Jaewoo Lee & Yongsung Chang & Sun-Bin Kim, 2009. "Accounting for Global Dispersion of Current Accounts," IMF Working Papers 09/276, International Monetary Fund.
- Yongsung Chang & Sun-Bin Kim & Jaewoo Lee, 2012. "Code and data files for "Accounting for Global Dispersion of Current Accounts"," Computer Codes 10-170, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Filippo Altissimo & Michael Ehrmann & Frank Smets, 2006. "Inflation persistence and price-setting behaviour in the euro area – a summary of the IPN evidence," Occasional Paper Series 46, European Central Bank.
- Jaewoo Lee & Jonathan David Ostry & Alessandro Prati & Luca A Ricci & Gian M Milesi-Ferretti, 2008. "Exchange Rate Assessments; CGER Methodologies," IMF Occasional Papers 261, International Monetary Fund.
- Higgins, Matthew, 1998.
"Demography, National Savings, and International Capital Flows,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(2), pages 343-369, May.
- Matthew Higgins, 1997. "Demography, national savings and international capital flows," Staff Reports 34, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Jörg Breitung & Sandra Eickmeier, 2006. "Dynamic factor models," AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis, Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 90(1), pages 27-42, March.
- Menzie D. Chinn & Shang-Jin Wei, 2008.
"A Faith-based Initiative: Does a Flexible Exchange Rate Regime Really Facilitate Current Account Adjustment?,"
NBER Working Papers
14420, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Menzie D. Chinn & Shang-Jin Wei, 2009. "A Faith-based Initiative: Does a Flexible Exchange Rate Regime Really Facilitate Current Account Adjustment?," Working Papers 122009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Chinn, Menzie David & Wei, Shang-Jin, 2008. "A Faith-based Initiative: Does a Flexible Exchange Rate Regime Really Facilitate Current Account Adjustment?," CEPR Discussion Papers 7076, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Domenico Giannone & Lucrezia Reichlin, 2005.
"Trends and cycles in the Euro Area: how much heterogeneity and should we worry about it?,"
- Giannone, Domenico & Reichlin, Lucrezia, 2006. "Trends and cycles in the euro area: how much heterogeneity and should we worry about it?," Working Paper Series 595, European Central Bank.
- Emil Stavrev, 2007. "Growth and Inflation Dispersions in EMU; Reasons, the Role of Adjustment Channels, and Policy Implications," IMF Working Papers 07/167, International Monetary Fund.
- Hamid Faruqee & Jaewoo Lee, 2009. "Global Dispersion of Current Accounts: Is the Universe Expanding?," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 56(3), pages 574-595, August.
- Angeloni Ignazio & Ehrmann Michael, 2007. "Euro Area Inflation Differentials," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-36, August.
- Charles Wyplosz, 1997. "EMU: Why and How It Might Happen," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(4), pages 3-21, Fall.
- Alan Ahearne & Jean Pisani-Ferry, 2006. "The Euro: only for the agile," Policy Briefs 42, Bruegel.
- Michele Ca' Zorzi & Michał Rubaszek, 2012.
"On the Empirical Evidence of the Intertemporal Current Account Model for the Euro Area Countries,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 95-106, February.
- Ca' Zorzi, Michele & Rubaszek, Michał, 2008. "On the empirical evidence of the intertemporal current account model for the euro area countries," Working Paper Series 895, European Central Bank.
- Schmitz, Birgit & von Hagen, Jürgen, 2009. "Current Account Imbalances and Financial Integration in the Euro Area," CEPR Discussion Papers 7262, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Olivier Blanchard & Francesco Giavazzi, 2002. "Current Account Deficits in the Euro Area: The End of the Feldstein Horioka Puzzle?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 33(2), pages 147-210.
More about this item
KeywordsExternal shocks; European Economic and Monetary Union; Economic models; Cross country analysis; Current account; Monetary unions; Regional shocks; Real effective exchange rates; currency union; EMU; real exchange rate; exchange rate; current accounts; current account balance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2009-10-10 (Central Banking)
- NEP-IFN-2009-10-10 (International Finance)
- NEP-MON-2009-10-10 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-OPM-2009-10-10 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:09/127. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .