Fiscal Incentive Effects of the German Equalization System
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jordi Galí & Roberto Perotti, 2003. "Fiscal policy and monetary integration in Europe," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 18(37), pages 533-572, October.
- Douglas Sutherland & Robert Price & Isabelle Joumard, 2006. "Sub-central government fiscal rules," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2005(2), pages 141-181.
- Henning Bohn, 1998. "The Behavior of U. S. Public Debt and Deficits," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 113(3), pages 949-963.
- Peter Claeys & Raúl Ramos & Jordi Suriñach, 2008. "Fiscal sustainability across government tiers," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 139-163, July.
- Berger, Helge & Holler, Anika, 2007.
"What determines fiscal policy? Evidence from German states,"
2008/12, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Helge Berger & Anika Holler, 2007. "What Determines Fiscal Policy? Evidence from German States," CESifo Working Paper Series 2062, CESifo Group Munich.
- Buettner, Thiess & Wildasin, David E., 2006.
"The dynamics of municipal fiscal adjustment,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(6-7), pages 1115-1132, August.
- Thiess Büttner & David E. Wildasin, 2002. "The Dynamics of Municipal Fiscal Adjustment," CESifo Working Paper Series 649, CESifo Group Munich.
- David E. Wildasin & Thiess Buettner, 2005. "The Dynamics of Municipal Fiscal Adjustment," Working Papers 2005-03, University of Kentucky, Institute for Federalism and Intergovernmental Relations.
- Thiess Buettner & David E. Wildasin, 2003. "The Dynamics of Municipal Fiscal Adjustment," Public Economics 0309007, EconWPA.
- Galí, Jordi & Perotti, Roberto, 2003. "Fiscal Policy and Monetary Integration in Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 3933, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Trehan, Bharat & Walsh, Carl E., 1988.
"Common trends, the government's budget constraint, and revenue smoothing,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 425-444.
- Bharat Trehan & Carl E. Walsh, 1987. "Common trends, the government's budget constraint, and revenue smoothing," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 87-11, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Jan Werner, 2008. "Fiscal Equalisation among the states in Germany," Working Papers 02-2008, Institute of Local Public Finance.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Kirsten H. Heppke-Falk & Guntram B. Wolff, 2008.
"Moral Hazard and Bail-Out in Fiscal Federations: Evidence for the German Länder,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 425-446, August.
- Heppke-Falk, Kirsten H. & Wolff, Guntram B., 2007. "Moral hazard and bail-out in fiscal federations: evidence for the German Länder," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2007,07, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Hauptmeier, Sebastian, 2007. "The Impact of Fiscal Equalization on Local Expenditure Policies: Theory and Evidence from Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-081, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Paul Bernd Spahn & Jan Werner, 2007. "Germany at the Junction Between Solidarity and Subsidiarity," Chapters,in: Fiscal Fragmentation in Decentralized Countries, chapter 4 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jonathan A. Rodden & Gunnar S. Eskeland (ed.), 2003. "Fiscal Decentralization and the Challenge of Hard Budget Constraints," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262182297, January.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Thiess Buettner, 2007. "Equalization Transfers and Dynamic Fiscal Adjustment: Results for German Municipalities and a US-German Comparison," Working Papers 2007-07, University of Kentucky, Institute for Federalism and Intergovernmental Relations.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emilia Mioara CAMPEANU, 2012. "How can be investigated the fiscal policy effects on the Romanian economy?," Anale. Seria Stiinte Economice. Timisoara, Faculty of Economics, Tibiscus University in Timisoara, vol. 0, pages 80-87, May.
- Alexander Fink & Thomas Stratmann, 2009. "Institutionalized Bailouts and Fiscal Policy: The Consequences of Soft Budget Constraints," CESifo Working Paper Series 2827, CESifo Group Munich.
- Carlos Seixas & António Brandão & Manuel Luís Costa, 2013. "Policy Choices by an Incumbent - A Case with Down-Up Problem, Bias Beliefs and Retrospective Voting," FEP Working Papers 485, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- repec:hpe:journl:y:2016:v:219:i:4:p:35-66 is not listed on IDEAS
- Matthaei, Stephan & Stähler, Nikolai, 2016. "Macroeconomic implications of the German financial equalization system," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145695, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Heinemann, Friedrich & Janeba, Eckhard & Moessinger, Marc-Daniel & Schröder, Christoph, 2013.
"Revenue autonomy preference in German state parliaments,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
13-090, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Heinemann, Friedrich & Janeba, Eckhard & Moessinger, Marc-Daniel & Schröder, Christoph, 2013. "Revenue Autonomy Preference in German State Parliaments," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79736, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Yeti Nisha Madhoo & Shyam Nath, 2014. "Beneficiary charges: The Cinderella of subnational finance," Chapters,in: Taxation and Development: The Weakest Link?, chapter 11, pages 364-402 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Yeti Nisha Madhoo & Shyam Nath, 2010. "Beneficiary Charges: The Cinderella of Subnational Finance," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1317, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Stegarescu, Dan, 2013. "Does expenditure composition influence the debt level? Evidence from German federal states," Discussion Papers 52/2013, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Ivo Bischoff & Lars-H. Siemers, 2013. "Biased beliefs and retrospective voting: why democracies choose mediocre policies," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 156(1), pages 163-180, July.
- repec:kap:copoec:v:28:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10602-017-9240-3 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic models; Data analysis; Fiscal sustainability; Germany; Fiscal policy; Fiscal reforms; Government expenditures; Tax reforms; Tax policy; Fiscal federalism and equalization; cyclicality and sustainability of fiscal policy; expenditure; primary expenditure; budget constraint;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:09/124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .