The Federal Reserve System Balance Sheet; What Happened and Why it Matters
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cukierman, Alex, 2008.
"Central bank independence and monetary policymaking institutions -- Past, present and future,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 722-736, December.
- Alex Cukierman, 2006. "Central Bank Independence And Monetary Policy Making Institutions: Past, Present, And Future," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 9(1), pages 5-23, April.
- Alex Cukierman, 2007. "Central Bank Independence and Monetary Policymaking Institutions: Past, Present, and Future," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 54(4), pages 367-395, December.
- Alex Cukierman, 2006. "Central Bank Independence and Monetary Policymaking Institutions: Past, Present, and Future," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 360, Central Bank of Chile.
- Cukierman, Alex, 2007. "Central Bank Independence and Monetary Policymaking Institutions - Past Present and Future," CEPR Discussion Papers 6441, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Peter Stella & Seiichi Shimizu & Simon T Gray & Ulrich H Klueh & Alexandre Chailloux, 2008. "Central Bank Response to the 2007–08 Financial Market Turbulence; Experiences and Lessons Drawn," IMF Working Papers 08/210, International Monetary Fund.
- Charles Enoch, 1997. "Transparency and Ambiguity in Central Bank Safety Net Operations," IMF Working Papers 97/138, International Monetary Fund.
- Adrian, Tobias & Shin, Hyun Song, 2010. "Liquidity and leverage," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 418-437, July.
- Rebecca McCaughrin & Simon T Gray & Alexandre Chailloux, 2008. "Central Bank Collateral Frameworks; Principles and Policies," IMF Working Papers 08/222, International Monetary Fund.
- Tobias Adrian & Hyun Song Shin, 2008. "Financial intermediary leverage and value at risk," Staff Reports 338, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 1999. "The Future of Monetary Policy: The Central Bank as an Army With Only a Signal Corps," NBER Working Papers 7420, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Donato Masciandaro, 2016. "More than the Human Appendix: Fed Capital and Central Bank Financial Independence," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1635, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Andrew Filardo & Hans Genberg, 2010.
"Monetary Policy Strategies in the Asia and Pacific Region: What Way Forward?,"
- Filardo, Andrew & Genberg, Hans, 2010. "Monetary Policy Strategies in the Asia and Pacific Region: What Way Forward?," ADBI Working Papers 195, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Andrew Filardo & Hans Genberg, 2010. "Monetary Policy Strategies in the Asia and Pacific Region : What Way Forward?," Finance Working Papers 23011, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Del Negro, Marco & Sims, Christopher A., 2015.
"When does a central bank׳s balance sheet require fiscal support?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 1-19.
- Christopher Sims & Marco Del Negro, 2014. "When does a central bank's balance sheet require fiscal support?," 2014 Meeting Papers 763, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Del Negro, Marco & Sims, Christopher A., 2014. "When does a central bank’s balance sheet require fiscal support?," Staff Reports 701, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Bholat, David & Darbyshire, Robin, 2016. "Accounting in central banks," Bank of England working papers 604, Bank of England.
- Stephen Quinn & William Roberds, 2016. "Death of a Reserve Currency," International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 12(4), pages 63-103, December.
- Kotaro Ishi & Kenji Fujita & Mark R. Stone, 2011. "Should Unconventional Balance Sheet Policies Be Added to the Central Bank toolkit? a Review of the Experience so Far," IMF Working Papers 11/145, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:sgm:jbfeuw:v:2:y:2015:i:4:p:14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pikkarainen, Pentti, 2010. "Central bank liquidity during the financial market and economic crisis : observations, thoughts and questions," Research Discussion Papers 20/2010, Bank of Finland.
- William A. Allen, 2015. "Asset choice in British central banking history, the myth of the safe asset, and bank regulation," Journal of Banking and Financial Economics, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 2(4), pages 18-31, June.
- George Selgin, 2014. "Operation Twist-the-Truth: How the Federal Reserve Misrepresents Its History and Performance," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 34(2), pages 229-263, Spring/Su.
- Schüder, Stefan, 2014. "Expansive monetary policy in a portfolio model with endogenous asset supply," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 239-252.
- Pohl Rüdiger, 2009. "Krisenbewältigung und Krisenvermeidung: Lehren aus der Finanzkrise / Crisis resolution and future crisis prevention: lessons from the recent financial crisis," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 60(1), pages 289-316, January.
More about this item
KeywordsCredit risk; Commercial banks; Central bank policy; Central bank capital; Capital markets; Central banks; Financial risk; Financial systems; Risk management; Monetary reserves; Monetary policy; Liquidity management; United States; central bank; banknotes; banking; bank deposits;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2009-10-10 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-MON-2009-10-10 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-RMG-2009-10-10 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:09/120. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .