Out of the Box Thoughts about the International Financial Architecture
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Barry Eichengreen, 2010. "Out-Of-The-Box Thoughts About The International Financial Architecture," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 1(01), pages 1-20.
- Barry Eichengreen, 2011. "Out-of-the-Box Thoughts about the International Financial Architecture," Chapters,in: Handbook of Central Banking, Financial Regulation and Supervision, chapter 13 Edward Elgar Publishing.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ramírez, Carlos D., 1999. "Did Glass-Steagall Increase the Cost of External Finance for Corporate Investment?: Evidence From Bank and Insurance Company Affiliations," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 59(02), pages 372-396, June.
- Dani Rodrik, 2008. "The Real Exchange Rate and Economic Growth," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 39(2 (Fall)), pages 365-439.
- repec:zbw:inteco:139683 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liebowitz, S J & Margolis, Stephen E, 1990. "The Fable of the Keys," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 33(1), pages 1-25, April.
- Cornelia Holthausen & Thomas Rønde, 2003. "Cooperation in International Banking Supervision," CIE Discussion Papers 2004-02, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Barry Eichengreen, 2010.
"Global Imbalances and the Lessons of Bretton Woods,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262514141, January.
- Barry Eichengreen, 2004. "Global Imbalances and the Lessons of Bretton Woods," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 100, pages 39-50.
- Barry Eichengreen, 2006. "Global Imbalances and the Lessons of Bretton Woods," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262050846, January.
- Barry Eichengreen, 2005. "Global imbalances and the lessons of Bretton Woods," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Feb.
- Barry Eichengreen, 2004. "Global Imbalances and the Lessons of Bretton Woods," NBER Working Papers 10497, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bhidé Amar, 2009. "In Praise of More Primitive Finance," The Economists' Voice, De Gruyter, vol. 6(3), pages 1-8, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adalbert Winkler, 2012.
"The Financial Crisis: A Wake-up Call for Strengthening Regional Monitoring of Financial Markets and Regional Coordination of Financial Sector Policies?,"
Chapters,in: Implications of the Global Financial Crisis for Financial Reform and Regulation in Asia, chapter 7
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Adalbert Winkler, 2010. "The Financial Crisis : A Wake-Up Call for Strengthening Regional Monitoring of Financial Markets and Regional Coordination of Financial Sector Policies?," Finance Working Papers 22022, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Winkler, Adalbert, 2010. "The Financial Crisis: A Wake-Up Call for Strengthening Regional Monitoring of Financial Markets and Regional Coordination of Financial Sector Policies?," ADBI Working Papers 199, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Adalbert Winkler, 2010. "The Financial Crisis: A Wake-Up Call for Strengthening Regional Monitoring of Financial Markets and Regional Coordination of Financial Sector Policies?," Working Papers id:3021, eSocialSciences.
- Steiner, Andreas, 2014. "Current account balance and dollar standard: Exploring the linkages," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 65-94.
- Andersson, Fredrik NG, 2016. "A Blessing in Disguise? Banking Crises and Institutional Change," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 135-147.
- Williamson John, 2010. "The Future of the Reserve System," Journal of Globalization and Development, De Gruyter, vol. 1(2), pages 1-12, December.
- Steiner, Andreas, 2014. "Reserve accumulation and financial crises: From individual protection to systemic risk," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 126-144.
- Rana, Pradumna B., 2013. "From a Centralized to a Decentralized Global Economic Architecture: An Overview," ADBI Working Papers 401, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Watanabe, Shingo & Ogura, Masanobu, 2010. "How far apart are the two ACUs from each other? Asian currency unit and Asian currency union," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 152-172, June.
- Helleiner Eric, 2010. "The New Politics of Global Reserve Reform," Journal of Globalization and Development, De Gruyter, vol. 1(2), pages 1-14, December.
More about this item
KeywordsCredit risk; Banking sector; Exchange rate policy surveillance; Financial crisis; SDR role; SDR transactions; SDRs; Risk management; Quota increases; Fund role; IMF; International cooperation; International finance; International financial system; financial architecture; international financial architecture; bonds; international financial; financial markets; cat bonds;
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- F53 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Agreements and Observance; International Organizations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-REG-2009-10-10 (Regulation)
- NEP-RMG-2009-10-10 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:09/116. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.