Spillovers to Emerging Equity Markets; An Econometric Assessment
This paper shows that emerging market equity prices are influenced by growing global factors, and therefore global factors constitute a significant channel for spillovers when the international economic environment changes. Strengthening their resilience to equity price declines remains an important goal for emerging market economies.
|Date of creation:||01 May 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: International Monetary Fund, Washington, DC USA|
Phone: (202) 623-7000
Fax: (202) 623-4661
Web page: http://www.imf.org/external/pubind.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/pubs/ord_info.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heiko Hesse & Nathaniel Frank & Brenda Gonzalez-Hermosillo, 2008. "Transmission of Liquidity Shocks; Evidence from the 2007 Subprime Crisis," IMF Working Papers 08/200, International Monetary Fund.
- R. Gaston Gelos & Ratna Sahay, 2001.
"Financial market spillovers in transition economies,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 9(1), pages 53-86, March.
- Ratna Sahay & R. G Gelos, 2000. "Financial Market Spillovers in Transition Economies," IMF Working Papers 00/71, International Monetary Fund.
- Ghosh, Swati & Revilla, Ernesto, 2007.
"Enhancing the efficiency of securities markets in East Asia,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4129, The World Bank.
- Swati Ghosh & Ernesto Revilla, 2008. "Enhancing the efficiency of securities markets in East Asia," Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 249-268.
- Ludwig, Alexander & Sløk, Torsten, 2004.
"The relationship between stock prices, house prices and consumption in OECD,"
Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications
04-12, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Ludwig, Alexander & Slok, Torsten, 2004. "The relationship between stock prices, house prices and consumption in OECD," Papers 04-12, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Jorge Roldos, 2007. "Pension Reform and Macroeconomic Stability in Latin America," IMF Working Papers 07/108, International Monetary Fund.
- Henry, Peter Blair, 2000. "Do stock market liberalizations cause investment booms?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 301-334.
- Funke, Norbert, 2004. "Is there a stock market wealth effect in emerging markets?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 417-421, June.
- Charles Frederick Kramer & Catriona Purfield & Hiroko Oura & Andreas Jobst, 2006.
"Asian Equity Markets; Growth, Opportunities, and Challenges,"
IMF Working Papers
06/266, International Monetary Fund.
- Catriona Purfield & Hiroko Oura & Charles Kramer & Andreas Jobst, 2008. "Asian equity markets: growth, opportunities, and challenges," Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 227-248.
- Jiri Slacalek, 2006.
"International Wealth Effects,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
596, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Hoffmaister, Alexander W. & Roldos, Jorge E., 2001.
"The Sources of Macroeconomic Fluctuations in Developing Countries: Brazil and Korea,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 213-239, April.
- Jorge Roldos & Alexander W. Hoffmaister, 1996. "The Sources of Macroeconomic Fluctuations in Developing Countries; Brazil and Korea," IMF Working Papers 96/20, International Monetary Fund.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Hali Edison, 2003. "Is Wealth Increasingly Driving Consuption?," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 101, Netherlands Central Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:09/111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow)or (Hassan Zaidi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.