Financial Spillovers to Emerging Markets During the Global Financial Crisis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nathaniel Frank & Heiko Hesse, 2009. "Financial Spillovers to Emerging Markets during the Global Financial Crisis," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 59(6), pages 507-521, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- King, Mervyn A & Wadhwani, Sushil, 1990. "Transmission of Volatility between Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(1), pages 5-33.
- John Beirne & Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Marianne Schulze-Ghattas & Nicola Spagnolo, 2013.
"Volatility Spillovers and Contagion from Mature to Emerging Stock Markets,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(5), pages 1060-1075, November.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Marianne Schulze-Ghattas & John Beirne & Nicola Spagnolo, 2008. "Volatility Spillovers and Contagion from Mature to Emerging Stock Markets," IMF Working Papers 08/286, International Monetary Fund.
- Beirne, John & Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Schulze-Ghattas, Marianne & Spagnolo, Nicola, 2009. "Volatility spillovers and contagion from mature to emerging stock markets," Working Paper Series 1113, European Central Bank.
- John Beirne & Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Marianne Schulze-Ghattas & Nicola Spagnolo, 2009. "Volatility Spillovers and Contagion from Mature to Emerging Stock Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 2545, CESifo Group Munich.
- John Beirne & Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Marianne Schulze-Ghattas & Nicola Spagnolo, 2009. "Volatility Spillovers and Contagion from Mature to Emerging Stock Markets," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 873, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Lorenzo Cappiello & Robert F. Engle & Kevin Sheppard, 2006.
"Asymmetric Dynamics in the Correlations of Global Equity and Bond Returns,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 4(4), pages 537-572.
- Cappiello, Lorenzo & Engle, Robert F. & Sheppard, Kevin, 2003. "Asymmetric dynamics in the correlations of global equity and bond returns," Working Paper Series 204, European Central Bank.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to estimate various forms of DCC GARCH models," Statistical Software Components RTZ00174, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Carmen Reinhart, 2003.
"The Center and the Periphery: The Globalization of Financial Turmoil,"
NBER Working Papers
9479, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 2008. "The center and the periphery: The globalization of financial turmoil," MPRA Paper 14100, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marcello Pericoli & Massimo Sbracia, 2003. "A Primer on Financial Contagion," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(4), pages 571-608, September.
- Dungey, Mardi & Fry, Renee & Gonzalez-Hermosillo, Brenda & Martin, Vance, 2006. "Contagion in international bond markets during the Russian and the LTCM crises," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-27, April.
- Giovanni Dell’Ariccia & Deniz Igan & Luc Laeven, 2012.
"Credit Booms and Lending Standards: Evidence from the Subprime Mortgage Market,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 44, pages 367-384, March.
- Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Luc Laeven & Deniz O Igan, 2008. "Credit Booms and Lending Standards; Evidence From the Subprime Mortgage Market," IMF Working Papers 08/106, International Monetary Fund.
- Dell’Ariccia, G. & Igan, D. & Laeven, L., 2009. "Credit Booms and Lending Standards : Evidence from the Subprime Mortgage Market," Discussion Paper 2009-46 S, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- DellAriccia, Giovanni & Igan, Deniz & Laeven, Luc, 2008. "Credit Booms and Lending Standards: Evidence From The Subprime Mortgage Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 6683, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey & Angela Ng, 2005. "Market Integration and Contagion," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(1), pages 39-70, January.
- Engle, Robert, 2002. "Dynamic Conditional Correlation: A Simple Class of Multivariate Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 339-350, July.
- Coudert, Virginie & Gex, Mathieu, 2008.
"Does risk aversion drive financial crises? Testing the predictive power of empirical indicators,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 167-184, March.
- Virginie Coudert & Mathieu Gex, 2007. "Does Risk Aversion Drive Financial Crises? Testing the Predictive Power of Empirical Indicators," Working Papers 2007-02, CEPII research center.
- V. Coudert & M. Gex, 2008. "Does risk aversion drive financial crises? Testing the predictive power of empirical indicators," Post-Print halshs-00321667, HAL.
- Laura E. Kodres & Matthew Pritsker, 2002. "A Rational Expectations Model of Financial Contagion," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(2), pages 769-799, April.
- Heiko Hesse & Nathaniel Frank & Brenda Gonzalez-Hermosillo, 2008. "Transmission of Liquidity Shocks; Evidence from the 2007 Subprime Crisis," IMF Working Papers 08/200, International Monetary Fund.
- King, Mervyn & Sentana, Enrique & Wadhwani, Sushil, 1994.
"Volatility and Links between National Stock Markets,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(4), pages 901-933, July.
- Mervyn King & Enrique Sentana & Sushil Wadhwani, 1990. "Volatiltiy and Links Between National Stock Markets," NBER Working Papers 3357, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic models; Emerging markets; Financial crisis; Banking sector; Bond markets; Capital markets; Cross country analysis; Developing countries; Developed countries; Liquidity; Spillovers; Stock markets; Subprime Crisis; Solvency; GARCH; bond; stock market; financial institutions;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2009-10-10 (Central Banking)
- NEP-FMK-2009-10-10 (Financial Markets)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:09/104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.