Inflation Pressures and Monetary Policy Options in Emerging and Developing Countries—A Cross Regional Perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrews, Donald W K & Chen, Hong-Yuan, 1994. "Approximately Median-Unbiased Estimation of Autoregressive Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(2), pages 187-204, April.
- Refet S Gürkaynak & Andrew Levin & Eric Swanson, 2010. "Does Inflation Targeting Anchor Long-Run Inflation Expectations? Evidence from the U.S., UK, and Sweden," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 8(6), pages 1208-1242, December.
- Benati, Luca, 2008. "Investigating inflation persistence across monetary regimes," Working Paper Series 851, European Central Bank.
- Carlos Capistrán & Manuel Ramos-Francia, 2009. "Inflation Dynamics In Latin America," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 27(3), pages 349-362, July.
- Luca Benati, 2008. "Investigating Inflation Persistence Across Monetary Regimes," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 123(3), pages 1005-1060.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- de Carvalho Filho, Irineu, 2010.
"Inflation Targeting and the Crisis: An Empirical Assessment,"
19960, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Irineu E de Carvalho Filho, 2010. "Inflation Targeting and the Crisis; An Empirical Assessment," IMF Working Papers 10/45, International Monetary Fund.
- Gelos, Gaston & Ustyugova, Yulia, 2017.
"Inflation responses to commodity price shocks – How and why do countries differ?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 28-47.
- R. G Gelos & Yulia Ustyugova, 2012. "Inflation Responses to Commodity Price Shocks; How and Why Do Countries Differ?," IMF Working Papers 12/225, International Monetary Fund.
- de Carvalho Filho Irineu E, 2011.
"28 Months Later: How Inflation Targeters Outperformed Their Peers in the Great Recession,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-46, July.
- de Carvalho Filho, Irineu, 2011. "28 Months Later: How Inflation Targeters Outperformed Their Peers in the Great Recession," MPRA Paper 29100, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Berganza, Juan Carlos & Broto, Carmen, 2012.
"Flexible inflation targets, forex interventions and exchange rate volatility in emerging countries,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 428-444.
- Berganza, Juan Carlos & Broto, Carmen, 2011. "Flexible inflation targets, forex interventions and exchange rate volatility in emerging countries," BOFIT Discussion Papers 9/2011, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Juan Carlos Berganza & Carmen Broto, 2011. "Flexible inflation targets, forex interventions and exchange rate volatility in emerging countries," Working Papers 1105, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Siddig, Khalid & Grethe, Harald, 2014.
"International price transmission in CGE models: How to reconcile econometric evidence and endogenous model response?,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 12-22.
- Siddig, Khalid H.A. & Grethe, Harald, 2012. "International Price Transmission In Cge Models: How To Reconcile Econometric Evidence And Endogenous Model Response?," 52nd Annual Conference, Stuttgart, Germany, September 26-28, 2012 137388, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- International Monetary Fund, 2012. "Global Food Price Inflation and Policy Responses in Central Asia," IMF Working Papers 12/86, International Monetary Fund.
- Pourroy, Marc, 2012.
"Does exchange rate control improve inflation targeting in emerging economies?,"
Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 448-450.
- Marc Pourroy, 2012. "Does Exchange Rate Control Improve Inflation Targeting in Emerging Economies?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00966292, HAL.
- repec:eee:jimfin:v:82:y:2018:i:c:p:71-96 is not listed on IDEAS
- Grégory Levieuge & Yannick Lucotte & Sébastien Ringuedé, 2015. "Central bank credibility and the expectations channel: Evidence based on a new credibility index," NBP Working Papers 209, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
- Jeetendra Khadan, 2016. "An Econometric Analysis of Energy Revenue and Government Expenditure Shocks on Economic Growth in Trinidad and Tobago," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 97018, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Salas, Jorge, 2009. "¿Qué explica las fluctuaciones de la inflación en el Perú en el periodo 2002-2008? Evidencia de un análisis VAR estructural," Revista Estudios Económicos, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú, issue 16, pages 9-36.
- Sangyup Choi & Davide Furceri & Prakash Loungani & Saurabh Mishra & Marcos Poplawski-Ribeiro, 2017.
"Oil Prices and Inflation Dynamics: Evidence from Advanced and Developing Economies,"
IMF Working Papers
17/196, International Monetary Fund.
- Sangyup Choi & Davide Furceri & Prakash Loungani & Saurabh Mishra & Marcos Poplawski-Ribeiro, 2017. "Oil Prices and Inflation Dynamics: Evidence from Advanced and Developing Economies," Working papers 2017rwp-111, Yonsei University, Yonsei Economics Research Institute.
- Nir Klein, 2012. "Estimating the Implicit Inflation Target of the South African Reserve Bank," IMF Working Papers 12/177, International Monetary Fund.
- Stephen A. O'Connell, 2011. "Towards a Rule-based Approach to Monetary Policy Evaluation in Sub-Saharan Africa-super- †," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 20(suppl_2), pages -66, May.
More about this item
KeywordsExternal shocks; Emerging markets; Exchange rate regimes; Developing countries; Central banks; Monetary policy; Inflation targeting; Inflation; Oil prices; oil price shocks; food price shocks; policy responses; central bank; aggregate demand;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2009-01-31 (Central Banking)
- NEP-DEV-2009-01-31 (Development)
- NEP-MAC-2009-01-31 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2009-01-31 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-OPM-2009-01-31 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:09/1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .