A New Fiscal Rule; Should Israel “Go Swiss?”
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hallerberg, Mark & Wolff, Guntram B., 2006. "Fiscal institutions, fiscal policy and sovereign risk premia," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 2006,35, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Frank Bodmer, 2006. "The Swiss Debt Brake: How it Works and What Can Go Wrong," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 142(III), pages 307-330, September.
- Oya Celasun & Xavier Debrun & Jonathan D. Ostry, 2006.
"Primary Surplus Behavior and Risks to Fiscal Sustainability in Emerging Market Countries: A "Fan-Chart" Approach,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 53(3), pages 1-3.
- Oya Celasun & Xavier Debrun & Jonathan David Ostry, 2006. "Primary Surplus Behavior and Risks to Fiscal Sustainability in Emerging Market Countries; A "Fan-Chart" Approach," IMF Working Papers 06/67, International Monetary Fund.
- Selim Elekdag & Natan Epstein & Marialuz Moreno-BadÃa, 2007.
"Fiscal Consolidation in Israel: A Global Fiscal Model Perspective,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(6), pages 67-86, November.
- Natan P. Epstein & Selim Elekdag & Marialuz Moreno Badia, 2006. "Fiscal Consolidation in Israel; A Global Fiscal Model Perspective," IMF Working Papers 06/253, International Monetary Fund.
- Stephan Danninger, 2002. "A New Rule; The Swiss Debt Brake," IMF Working Papers 02/18, International Monetary Fund.
- Beetsma, Roel M.W.J. & Debrun, Xavier, 2007. "The new stability and growth pact: A first assessment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 453-477, February.
- George Kopits & Steven A. Symansky, 1998. "Fiscal Policy Rules," IMF Occasional Papers 162, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leon du Toit, 2009. "Economic Crises, Stabilisation Policy and Output in Emerging Market Economies," Working Papers 20/2009, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Olivier Basdevant, 2012. "Fiscal Policies and Rules in the Face of Revenue Volatility within Southern Africa Customs Union Countries (SACU)," IMF Working Papers 12/93, International Monetary Fund.
- Alain Geier, 2012. "Application of the Swiss Fiscal Rule to Artificial Data: A Monte Carlo Simulation," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 148(I), pages 37-55, March.
- Luc Eyraud & Tao Wu, 2015. "Playing by the Rules; Reforming Fiscal Governance in Europe," IMF Working Papers 15/67, International Monetary Fund.
- International Monetary Fund, 2014. "Euro Area Policies; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 14/199, International Monetary Fund.
- World Bank, 2008. "Montenegro : Beyond the Peak, Growth Policies and Fiscal Constraints, Public Expenditure and Institutional Review," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7831, The World Bank.
- Tobias Beljean & Alain Geier, 2013. "The Swiss Debt Brake - Has It Been a Success?," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 149(II), pages 115-135, June.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic stabilization; Budget deficits; Debt; Public debt; Israel; Government expenditures; Fiscal rules; Fiscal stabilization; Fiscal policy; expenditure; expenditure growth;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-05-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2008-05-10 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2008-05-10 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:08/87. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .