High and Volatile Treasury Yields in Tanzania; The Role of Strategic Bidding and Auction Microstructure
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sm ali Abbas & Yuri v. Sobolev, 2009. "High And Volatile Treasury Yields In Tanzania: The Role Of Strategic Bidding And Auction Microstructure," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 77(2), pages 257-281, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Hauner, 2006. "Fiscal Policy and Financial Development," IMF Working Papers 06/26, International Monetary Fund.
- World Bank & International Monetory Fund, 2001. "Developing Government Bond Markets : A Handbook," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13865.
- Richard Podpiera & Martin Cihak, 2005. "Bank Behavior in Developing Countries; Evidence from East Africa," IMF Working Papers 05/129, International Monetary Fund.
- Matti Keloharju & Kjell G. Nyborg & Kristian Rydqvist, 2005.
"Strategic Behavior and Underpricing in Uniform Price Auctions: Evidence from Finnish Treasury Auctions,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 60(4), pages 1865-1902, August.
- Keloharju, Matti & Nyborg, Kjell G & Rydqvist, Kristian, 2002. "Strategic Behaviour and Underpricing in Uniform Price Auctions: Evidence from Finnish Treasury Auctions," CEPR Discussion Papers 3586, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Keloharju, Matti & Nyborg, Kjell G. & Rydqvist, Kristian, 2004. "Strategic Behavior and Underpricing in Uniform Price Auctions: Evidence from Finnish Treasury Auctions," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt6v17p79w, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Leonardo Bartolini & Carlo Cottarelli, 1997. "Designing effective auctions for treasury securities," Current Issues in Economics and Finance, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, vol. 3(Jul).
- Spindt, Paul A. & Stolz, Richard W., 1989. "The expected stop-out price in a discriminating auction," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 133-137, December.
- World Bank, 2007. "Developing the Domestic Government Debt Market : From Diagnostics to Reform Implementation," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6707.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Danny Cassimon & Dennis Essers & Karel Verbeke, 2016.
"The changing face of Rwanda's public debt,"
BeFinD Working Papers
0114, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Riham Shendy & Zachary Kaplan & Peter Mousley, 2011. "Toward Better Infrastructure : Conditions, Constraints, and Opportunities in Financing Public-Private Partnerships in Select African Countries," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2331.
More about this item
KeywordsBonds; Bond issues; Bank credit; Debt burden; Tanzania; Treasury bill yields; government securities auctions; oligopolistic bidding; collusion; auction microstructure; investors; t-bonds; deposit rates; financial market; government bond; Tanzania; United Republic of;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-05-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-FMK-2008-05-10 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-MST-2008-05-10 (Market Microstructure)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:08/81. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .