Helping Hand or Grabbing Hand? Supervisory Architecture, Financial Structure and Market View
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Udaibir S Das & Marc G Quintyn, 2002. "Crisis Prevention and Crisis Management; The Role of Regulatory Governance," IMF Working Papers 02/163, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Donato Masciandaro & María J. Nieto & Henriëtte Prast, 2007. "Financial governance of banking supervision," Working Papers 0725, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Baele, Lieven & De Bruyckere, Valerie & De Jonghe, Olivier & Vander Vennet, Rudi, 2014.
"Do stock markets discipline US Bank Holding Companies: Just monitoring, or also influencing?,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 124-145.
- L. Baele & V. De Bruyckere & O. De Jonghe & R. Vander Vennet, 2012. "Do Stock Markets Discipline US Bank Holding Companies: Just Monitoring, or also In?uencing?," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 12/827, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Baele, L.T.M. & De Bruyckere, V. & De Jonghe, O.G. & Vander Vennet, R., 2014. "Do stock markets discipline US bank holding companies : Just monitoring, or also influencing?," Other publications TiSEM b8371b2e-a7f1-4ede-9f4b-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Melecky, Martin & Podpiera, Anca Maria, 2012. "Institutional structures of financial sector supervision, their drivers and emerging benchmark models," MPRA Paper 37059, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Melecky, Martin & Podpiera, Anca Maria, 2013. "Institutional structures of financial sector supervision, their drivers and historical benchmarks," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 428-444.
More about this item
KeywordsBank supervision; Capital markets; Political economy; Italy; Governance; Financial supervision; grabbing hand; banking concentration; financial system; market participants; financial markets; financial sector;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-03-25 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:imf:imfwpa:08/47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Beardow) or (Hassan Zaidi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/imfffus.html .